1515 8 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Hello friends,
I have a friend that has a Phantom 4. He came to me with a question, but I did not fully know the solution.
His problem was when he is in flight, he is not able to control the pitch of the gimbal. But he noted when the phone loses connection from the remote (via OTG), the scroll wheel then is able to move the gimbal.
I am more experienced with the Spark, and was able to direct him to DJI Assistant 2, but I am not sure if that is the whole solution.
Please let me know what you think could be wrong!
Thanks,
Drew Hoover
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. May I know what's the model of the phone is being used to Phantom 4? Can you please try to calibrate your gimbal?
2018-9-13
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
United States

He is using an iPhone X. I'll also have him recalibrate the gimbal. Thanks, Natalia!
2018-9-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Drew,

You may want him to calibrate the Remote Controller.  Turn on the device and Remote Controller and shut off the aircraft.  Access the remote controller in General Settings and go to calibrate.  Follow the instructions.  It takes a few seconds before the movements register with the percentage displays but it will.  Then calibrate the sticks according to the instructions.

Finally, across the bottom is the "Tilt Wheel".  Just like the sticks, it will take a few seconds before the wheel turns register.  Go slow and make sure all the percentages show and there is no skipping.  If this works, it should solve his problem.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-14
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-9-14 02:16
Aloha Drew,

You may want him to calibrate the Remote Controller.  Turn on the device and Remote Controller and shut off the aircraft.  Access the remote controller in General Settings and go to calibrate.  Follow the instructions.  It takes a few seconds before the movements register with the percentage displays but it will.  Then calibrate the sticks according to the instructions.

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to do this. I'll let you know if it works or not!
2018-9-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

drewhoover Posted at 2018-9-14 05:13
Thank you so much! I'll be sure to do this. I'll let you know if it works or not!

Aloha Drew,

Please do let us know.  Do not keep your friends hanging!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-14
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-9-14 14:00
Aloha Drew,

Please do let us know.  Do not keep your friends hanging!

I made another thread regarding this problem, and you can find it here.
What you encouraged me to do did not work. Anything else you might be able to do?
2018-9-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

drewhoover Posted at 2018-9-20 17:09
What you encouraged me to do did not work. Anything else you might be able to do?

Aloha Drew,

OK, now that you have successfully calibrated the IMU and Remote Controller, the "Live View" does not work.  Have you tried to pull out the USB cable, wait for a few seconds, and then plug the Lightning cable back in.  This is done with everything booted and initialized.  Does the Live View come on?

There are two ways, possibly three ways, to tilt the camera.  One is the wheel that is giving you grief and the other is the on-screen vertical slider to the left of the camera panel.  Are you able to tilt the camera using the slider?  Of course this has to be tested after you get the "Live View" back.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

drewhoover Posted at 2018-9-20 17:09

Aloha Drew,

OK, now after you have recalibrated the gimbal and the "Live View" is gone but tilt works, unplug the USB Lightning cable and plug it in again and see if the Live View comes back on and if the tilt works.  The unplug and plug-in of the cable is one way to bring back the Live View.  It also tells us a little more about the problem.  Sometimes it actually solves the problem. but now we are in the region of wishful thinking!

The remote controller and the aircraft are (read "can be") linked independently of the device and the DJI GO 4 app.  When the Live View is lost, it indicates that the DJI GO app is not functioning properly but the tilt working indicates that the link between the remote controller and the aircraft is functioning properly.

I just looked back at both threads and I see no indication that you have completely uninstalled the DJI GO 4 app and made a fresh installation.  The complete old DJI GO 4 app has to be uninstalled or problems may come back to haunt you.  You may try a reinstallation and see if that works, but if it does not, you have to do the complete uninstall and a fresh reinstallation.

Hopefully the unplug re-plug works, but if not, you have a plan "B".

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules