Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latency using IOS Devices
826 12 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichInGa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

I am using an iPhone 6Plus or an iPad Mini 2. I frequently get 'High CPU Usage' on the device and teh latency becomes > 1s.   I've made sure all background apps are closed prior to flight -- that doesn't help.

I didn't have this problem with the Mavic Air, just the Mavic Zoom.

Thanks
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Can you please show us a screenshot of the error message you encounter right now? For us to check this on our end. Thank you.
2018-9-13
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

I didn't take one as it happens, but this is from the flight records. As you can see I just started the flight and it's on an iPhone 6Plus.

2018-9-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the iPhone 6S definitely shouldn't be running into that wall.    you may have apps wastefully using CPU a lot.  for me, facebook related apps were terrible, i had to uninstall mine from my flying devices.

2018-9-13
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

I fly w/ 6s + 32 Gb in airplane mode and wifi ON and always clear cache and images on DJI GO 4.
I've never experienced lag or High CPU usage.
2018-9-13
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2018-9-13 17:39
I fly w/ 6s + 32 Gb in airplane mode and wifi ON and always clear cache and images on DJI GO 4.
I've never experienced lag or High CPU usage.

Thanks for your input. I don't put it in airplane mode but I do clear all the running apps out first.
2018-9-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichInGa Posted at 2018-9-13 18:30
Thanks for your input. I don't put it in airplane mode but I do clear all the running apps out first.

clearing them out with swiping them off doesn't kill them all the time, specially apps like facebook apps which can have hidden background services chewing up stuff still, in fact i found out weather underground app was causing me issues on my iPad mini 2!  because it was doing something in background even after was killed..   

2018-9-13
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Hello, with iOS 11 many users are experimenting issues, the iOS 12 will be avalable in a week solving all this problems, if you can’t wait, the developer profile its already allowing to get the latest release iOS 12, I had the same problems, till today I was using the beta version, finally final version arrived yesterday night. It works ...
2018-9-13
Use props
Williamyao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44131 ft
Australia

I flew it with my old 5s once and nothing wrong with it.
2018-9-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's what I do. Clear out cache in Dji app, clear out flight records and only keep 30 days.
I do this on both my iPhone 5s and my iPad mini 2 wifi version and I haven't seen the message since.
Btw I do this every month.
2018-9-13
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

Nicksons Posted at 2018-9-13 21:02
Hello, with iOS 11 many users are experimenting issues, the iOS 12 will be avalable in a week solving all this problems, if you can’t wait, the developer profile its already allowing to get the latest release iOS 12, I had the same problems, till today I was using the beta version, finally final version arrived yesterday night. It works ...

Thanks for the info!!
2018-9-14
Use props
RichInGa
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-9-13 21:30
Here's what I do. Clear out cache in Dji app, clear out flight records and only keep 30 days.
I do this on both my iPhone 5s and my iPad mini 2 wifi version and I haven't seen the message since.
Btw I do this every month.

OK... I was flying with the mini 2 on a cell plan and it would always be overloaded.  Tried it on an LG G Pad that is a few years old -- no problem. I'll give this a shot. Thanks!!
2018-9-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichInGa Posted at 2018-9-14 04:47
OK... I was flying with the mini 2 on a cell plan and it would always be overloaded.  Tried it on an LG G Pad that is a few years old -- no problem. I'll give this a shot. Thanks!!

No problem and good luck.
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules