Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Soft Focus Images Mavic 2 Pro
1244 3 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reednolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46102 ft
United States

Hello I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and all the video and photos I've been taking have come out with soft focus. I've shot in all resolutions, color profiles, F -stops, and full HD is the sharpest resolution by far.  When I bring the video in to FCPX and set the viewing window to %100 the video is very soft and nothing is in focus. Full 4K and HQ 4K look worse than full HD when viewed at %100 size in FCPX. I've mainly shot at f-stop 11 and used both auto focus and manual but nothing I shoot looks sharp. Wonding if anyone else has had soft focus issues.

Thanks,

Reed

2018-9-13
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

F-stop 11 is nothing you want to do ever. Best is around 4-5.
Due to current unaviaibility of ND filters that's a problem vor video.
2018-9-13
Use props
reednolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46102 ft
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-9-13 14:38
F-stop 11 is nothing you want to do ever. Best is around 4-5.
Due to current unaviaibility of ND filters that's a problem vor video.

F stop 4-5 would have a much narrower depth of field. I'm looking to have a sharper over all image. Are citing something particular about this camera or is that your over all view for shooting with a full frame sensor?
2018-9-13
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3

reednolan Posted at 2018-9-13 14:50
F stop 4-5 would have a much narrower depth of field. I'm looking to have a sharper over all image. Are citing something particular about this camera or is that your over all view for shooting with a full frame sensor?

What he meant is that with f/11 you are diffraction limited with this camera, so shoot a wider f stop.  The lens is pretty sharp all the way up to f/2.8, and around f/5.6 is a good place to shoot.  For most drone shooting depth of field is not much of an issue.  Be sure to focus the camera.
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules