Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Price for accessories has gone up!
12Next >
3907 51 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add'l battery for Mavic 2 is now $139, was $119. Charging hub was $49 now $69...
Trump tariffs at work or DJI raising prices cause the store credits are starting to show up in buyers accounts so they are compensating by raising prices?
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I dont think it has anything to do with tariffs since it went up across the board, not just for US customers.

I think its just DJI deciding to gouge their customers.
2018-9-13
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 14:32
I dont think it has anything to do with tariffs since it went up across the board, not just for US customers.

Another example of what a sector looks like without any competition. DJI can charge whatever they like and people will have no choice but to pay for it .

I think DJI does a great job with their products, but in everybody best interest it would help if we had some healthy competition. Until then, the market will be at the mercy of whatever those prices get decided by DJI.
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

I'm waiting for DJI to decide to charge us to unlock shooting mode and other dro e features by calling them "in app expansion packs"
2018-9-13
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 14:48
I'm waiting for DJI to decide to charge us to unlock shooting mode and other dro e features by calling them "in app expansion packs"

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!   Don’t give them any ideas.  
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products as well as accessories product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience. After the price adjustment, for consumers who need extra batteries, propellers, chargers, and portable bags, the Fly More Kit is still the ideal budget choice.  For more information about the Mavic 2 products and accessories information, please go to store.dji.com. Thank you.
2018-9-13
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-13 15:54
Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products as well as accessories product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience. After the price adjustment, for consumers who need extra batteries, propellers, chargers, and portable bags, the Fly More Kit is still the ideal budget choice.  For more information about the Mavic 2 products and accessories information, please go to store.dji.com. Thank you.

"This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience."

Are these better batteries? Were the old batteries less sustainable? I fail to see any connection in raising the price of something and a consumer who now has sustainablity from the same product.  Please elaborate on your commment.
2018-9-13
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's too bad.  So for those who still need to buy accessories recommend you place your orders asap at ABT, B&H, Adorama or other reseller before their prices are adjusted to match DJI.
2018-9-13
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

They must really love their customers, I hope they evaluate the features as well. I can't think of another company increasing their prices after release. Now Mavic2 batteries are so close to P4P batteries, being that one of the reasons why I waited for the Mavic 2 instead of P4P 2.0 thinking Mavic would be "less high maintenance cost"

-FC

2018-9-13
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Fly more kit now $379.
The shoulder bag and the Hard case also went up!

Case still not in stock either!!!
2018-9-13
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Packer Backer Posted at 2018-9-13 16:00
"This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience."

Are these better batteries? Were the old batteries less sustainable? I fail to see any connection in raising the price of something and a consumer who now has sustainablity from the same product.  Please elaborate on your commment.

Perhaps that explains the indentations on my battery? maybe the more expensive batteries are better quality???? Am I missing something here? what's the benefit to the customer?

-FC
2018-9-13
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 14:48

"In-flight micro transactions" lol
2018-9-13
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

I guess I'm glad that I ordered the Fly More and two extra batteries in anticipation of GPC's hard case. I'm worried how much will the new RC with built-in screen cost with the rumored $499 price tag.
2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

"You have just flown 400 feet away. For $9.99usd you can unlock 60 additional feet."

"Special September Sale: purchase the 100-400 ISO pack and receive 4 free RTH's(all RTH's are reset after 30 days of no use)"
2018-9-13
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>

Try as fast as possible. Ebay authorized dealer still has the combo for 319
2018-9-13
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 18:05
"You have just flown 400 feet away. For $9.99usd you can unlock 60 additional feet."

"Special September Sale: purchase the 100-400 ISO pack and receive 4 free RTH's(all RTH's are reset after 30 days of no use)"

Also unlock drone skill points and unlock  perks like:

Last Drone Standing

- Gain 1 additional signal bar for 30 seconds when signal goes down to zero after 5k miles

Drone Diver

- Your drone will be immune to water damage for 10 seconds

Mile High Club

- Increase the chance of filming skinny dipping babes. *Only applies if you forgot to remove the gimbal cover on*

Anti Crash

- "Your drone will not crash if you don't fly it". A virtual parachute will deploy in the event of an imminent crash. *Only works if you are using DJI Goggles to see the virtual parachute*

2018-9-13
Use props
fans980b10d0
lvl.2
Hong Kong

<<This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience. >>
Will that price adjustment make your developers and coder lift off the blockage of M2 usage on Crystal Skys  and let me feel a bit of joy ?
2018-9-13
Use props
fansfcc89423
lvl.2
United States

I also noticed the indentation on the battery! I taught it was just me.
2018-9-13
Use props
richard56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 675869 ft
United States

WOW!  I had a cart full of more accessories. Wish I had purchased earlier today. Was able to get same prices at Adorama. But it is all preorder. So I don’t know when it will ship. That is most unfortunate. Just when I was happy with this recent release compared to the debacle of the Mavic Pro release.  Now they jack up prices in the first month?!?!  
2018-9-13
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Latvia

Soon they will offer rent options only- 99$ a month or send it back if u don’t we charge 5K out your pocket
2018-9-13
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-13 15:54

So now the cameras won’t fall off, screws won’t fall out and drones won’t fall out of the sky due to engineering and manufacturing defects? Best price increase ever!

“The same Chinese quality you’ve come to expect, now at a higher price!”
2018-9-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I noticed that too on the UK DJI store
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_xfY1iW6g5RqC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23734 ft
Iran

Well I really don't know why they increase prices but experience shows usually when a company does such disrespectful act to their customers   they will definitely loose lots of costumers " specially those are on fence who deciding if to upgrade or buying a product for the first time..! This kind of act give them a good reason not to trust..! It's unfortunate because DJI is a great company and always been known for their great products and reasonable pricing and customer satisfaction..
2018-9-14
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Latvia

I heard new event is coming!!!
2018-9-14
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

DJI What do you think your doing, do you really need to increase the price of accessories, ive been waiting on my dji credits since i received my Mavic 2, so i could put it towards a second battery which is already overpriced, now just before everyone gets there dji credits you decide to increase the price of everything, so we are not saving anything really and you get back what you have given us, great marketing DJI, but bad customer relations. not happy
2018-9-14
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Latvia

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-9-13 17:49
Kind of hilarious. In a pathetic way. They release a product, the after release, raise the prices? Can you imagine if Apple sold some iPhones and a few weeks later said, “Hey- we are going to raise our prices”. Ridiculous and shows what contempt that DJI has for customers. It has nothing to do with tariffs since they are raising all costs significantly worldwide. And only on the Mavic 2 products.

You would only see this scummy behavior from a large Chinese company.

It is in Chinese DNA deny, deny, deny... Apple after Antennagate offered a free bumpers at least, DJI rising price for accessories
2018-9-14
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Thatš because too many drones for replacement during warranty time
2018-9-14
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

and for the ones that are not even in stock.
2018-9-14
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Latvia

Now I start getting BIGGER picture, they set release date to July, they notice clustercrap with camera distortion, so they postpone and working to get Normal mode working but not enough beef to fix 10bit profile, so you need money if crap will hit the fan, let's rise price for accessories. Later if not already they will solder in that missing power chip and everything will be fine.
2018-9-14
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Packer Backer Posted at 2018-9-13 16:00

Are these better batteries? Were the old batteries less sustainable? I fail to see any connection in raising the price of something and a consumer who now has sustainablity from the same product.  Please elaborate on your commment.

Not sure how higher prices translate to a better "sustainable quality experience."  To me, it translates into a lower quality experience because higher prices pi** people off - especially after folks have bought the new product.

Could be a quality experience in moving to other platforms.
2018-9-14
Use props
fans9c587856
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48110 ft

djiuser_xfY1iW6g5RqC Posted at 2018-9-14 00:21
Well I really don't know why they increase prices but experience shows usually when a company does such disrespectful act to their customers   they will definitely loose lots of costumers " specially those are on fence who deciding if to upgrade or buying a product for the first time..! This kind of act give them a good reason not to trust..! It's unfortunate because DJI is a great company and always been known for their great products and reasonable pricing and customer satisfaction..

I was thinking of upgrading i had my self convinced i really needed this one, after all any one can have two
ha ha, but when i seen Fly more kit €379 save €205 i could not believe it how a company  could increase the price after about three weeks  for no reason only for a better experience, so does that mean that the people that bought it on day one got ripped off they are not getting a better experience this is the worst excuse i have ever come across for a price increase.
Sorry DJI i wont be saving €205, but  i will be saving  €1828
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_5G1yJ8a3WyS5
lvl.1

Austria

I was still on the fence of buying a Mavic 2 Pro pondering if such an expensive drone is worth getting for recreational use but this arbitrary price hike of 18% for the batteries (which were overpriced to begin with) and fly more combo without added value sure feels like a gross rip-off and put me completely off!

Although I still think the Mavic 2 Pro is one of the best drones out there I will not give my money to a company who are cutting product features from previous generations (no d-cinelike mode, no digital zoom, no lens correction profile for Mavic 2 Pro), issues like arms scratching the drone's body while at the same time hiking prices for no apparent reason. That creates a really bad image for DJI and sure feels like full-on greed mode which I do not want to support!

Pro-Tip for DJI: to maximize returns hike the price by 10% every week until you find the maximum pain spot your fellow users are still willing to pay. Alternatively you could also change from fixed price to auction so that only the highest bidding buyers would get the short-on-supply accessories like batteries, filter etc to milk the most of every one of them.
2018-9-14
Use props
ygrabo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543097 ft
United Kingdom

That probably means that the DJI Select program will soon include the DJI Mavic 2
They increased prices by 20%.
The Fly more kit was 270 or 280£, not it is 340!
2018-9-14
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

That's disappointing. I always thought one of the great things about the (original) Mavic Pro was the affordability of its accessories, especially the batteries. I probably spent more -- and have flown more as a result -- on the batteries than I would have if they were higher priced. That reasonable pricing was also what prevented me from considering third-party batteries, but now I'll have to reconsider.

The timing of it also seems a little odd, coming so soon after the Mavic 2 release and so close to the year-end holiday shopping season, and I wonder if they've raised the prices only to frequently "discount" them later on.
2018-9-14
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-13 14:32

Actually, if you are able to cushion the tariff by spreading the pain across all of your paying customers instead of just the American market, that would most definitely be the preferred way to do it.
I'm inclined to say yes, this price increase has its origin in the imposed tariffs, and we're all paying for it.
2018-9-14
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Hey guys... Lets all get back to hating DJI instead
2018-9-14
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-9-14 09:42
I have no idea what you’re talking about. Having said that, it certainly helps that I’m on a nice vacation with my fiancé in California and have been for 3 days now.   next time you make garbage accusations, you may want to actually check an IP address, genius.

You're on vacation in California with your fiance but you're spending that time posting on this forum?!?
2018-9-14
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

That's disappointing. What's next?
"Your flight time has expired. Deposit $10 to continue flying or $5 to land?
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_xfY1iW6g5RqC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23734 ft

Well I have a mavic pro and I was just saving some money to upgrade for mavic 2 pro but now I don't think I upgrade anytime soon after this price especially for mavic2 zoom that has the same camera sensor as my mavic pro..! I think mavic pro it's the best to go with comparing to mavic2 zoom price..!
2018-9-15
Use props
motard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I think that in this Monday DJI will raise the prices of aircraft too...
2018-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules