my ronin s vibrates everytime i turn the power on
9271 10 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiovic
lvl.1
Philippines

hi there! need some help here, my ronin s keep on vibrating everytime i turn its power on, i've already updated its firmware..
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I know if the gimbal has been balanced properly before you power on? If yes, please make Auto Tune and check the balance status of all axes to see if they are all excellent. Thank you.
2018-9-14
Use props
djiovic
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-14 01:47
Hi there, may I know if the gimbal has been balanced properly before you power on? If yes, please make Auto Tune and check the balance status of all axes to see if they are all excellent. Thank you.

Auto tune - success
Balance status - excellent
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiovic Posted at 2018-9-16 14:07
Auto tune - success
Balance status - excellent

May I have the model of your camera? Please try to tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of all the motors in Motor Parameters is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device will need to be balanced again.
May I know when the Ronin-S starts to vibrate? You can also to try to reset gimbal settings and calibrate the system to see if it helps.
2018-9-17
Use props
djiovic
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-17 02:55
May I have the model of your camera? Please try to tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of all the motors in Motor Parameters is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device will need to be balanced again.
May I know when the Ronin-S starts to vibrate? You can also to try to reset gimbal settings and calibrate the system to see if it helps.

i use my fuji body (xt-1) as of now with 35mm f2 plus battery grip, before i power on i make sure everything is perfectly balance based on tutorials provided by ronin s on their page, i ran also the app to make sure the balance is excellent, and it was. at first i noticed during turning the power on and not yet lifting it, it stays quite normal (i mean not vibrating) however when i lift the gimbal to test it then it starts to vibrate beginning at low vibration to high.. and i figured out by holding tight at the  extended grip (tripod) it temporarily illuminates the vibration. and it annoys me because sometimes i just want to hold the gimbal with just one hand but i couldn't do it because the gimbal would again vibrate the moment i remove my other hand on the extended grip.
2018-9-17
Use props
Busticket
New
  • >>>
South Korea

Good day
Are you resloved this matter?
My Ronin s has same matter...
2019-3-11
Use props
fansdc6fa502
New

Spain

I have the same issue, I'm very worried. Any solution?
2019-4-10
Use props
cihanbora
New

Turkey

Hey, I got my Ronin S two days ago, I've unpacked it, tried for the first time with Canon 5D MK IV with SIGMA 24-70 lens mounted on. I packed the Ronin back later on. Today, I opened it back and started without mounting the camera, it vibrates terribly. Anyway, I mounted the camera and it stopped vibration, works fine.
2019-7-26
Use props
fans25142a2f
lvl.1

Got the same issue. Ronin especially vibrates when the camera is tilted overhead with the joystick. I am pretty sure that the vibration comes from the tilt motor. Reducing the stiffness of the tilt axis reduces the vibration but does not eliminate it. Sony a6500 with Sigma MC11 and Sigma 18-35 f1.8
2019-9-16
Use props
fans25142a2f
lvl.1

EDIT: Found the solution to my problem!
So because I am using the Sigma MC-11 adapter and my Sigma 18-35 on a Sony a6500, there is a bit of a gap between the lens, the adapter and the camera, which gives room for vibrations to amplify themselves. So what I did to eliminate the vibrations: Tilt the camera mounted on the gimbal upside down and attach the lens support thing, which comes with the Ronin S, with good pressure under the lens (without breaking it..) so that it doesn‘t wobble anymore. For me it helped perfectly and now I am able to use the gimbal even at mid or high stiffness settings.
Good luck y‘all!
2019-9-30
Use props
djiuser_9sZvre2eCxY2
New

United States

I had this exact same problem with a refurbished Ronin S I got from Amazon, it ended up being caused by the stiffness settings being too high. In the mobile app, click on "Motor Parameters", then click "Auto Tune". My stiffness settings are now: T 17, R 37, P 46, and I don't experience any vibrating whatsoever when turning on the gimbal.
2020-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules