Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse Hardware Interface Specifications
770 0 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shawnq
New

United States

I would like to interface a Zenmuse gimbal to a custom robot platform, and need to determine whether I need a DJI control board or not.  I have been reviewing the documentation for the Payload and Onboard SDK, and can see the API commands I need to control the gimbal and camera, however, the Onboard SDK makes reference to the flight controller board, so it appears there may be a dependency on the flight controller board in order to control the gimbal and camera.
I am willing to consider adding a flight controller board if needed, however I would prefer not to if I can avoid it.  I would prefer to use either a direct connection between my onboard computer and the gimbal, or possibly a simple communications interface board inserted between my onboard computer and the gimbal.

So what I am asking for is the mechanical (dimensional), electrical (connections), and communication interface requirements and specifications to allow me to connect to the Zenmuse gimbal and camera and control them, either with or without a DJI flight controller.

The gimbal I am most interested in is the Zenmuse X5, but I am considering others as well.

Best,

Shawn Quinn

2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules