1053 2 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recently purchased the Mavic 2 Zoom and updated to latest firmware and everything went smooth. Updated my goggles RE to latest in order to use them with the mavic 2 and setup was flawless. Today I had a chance to test out the goggles with the mavic 2 and noticed 2 things.

I have the video settings on the app for 4k@30 frames. When connected to the goggles liveview was set to 720p@30 frames so I changed the liveview format setting from 'normal mode' to HD mode. Once I did that, liveview changed to 1080p30 but now the video settings in the app changed to 1080p@30. I was able to change this back to 4k@30 frames and still have 1080p30 liveview on the goggles. However, if I turn off the goggles and then back on, the video settings in the app changes back to 1080@30 frames. If I leave the goggles liveview format setting in 'normal mode', liveview is 720p30 and the app settings at 4k doesn't change. I thought I heard/read that with the mavic 2, you can video record at 4k and have liveview setting @ 1080p30. I know with the mavic pro, if wanted to record in 4k, you had to have liveview at 720p.

The other isssue I noticed is the horizon line in the goggles. When I yaw/turn to the left, the horizon tilts but when I go to a hover ro fly straight, the horizon stays tilted.

Anyone who has the mavic 2 and the goggles re had any similar issues?

2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. The resolution of video transmission footage seen in the DJI Goggles changes along with the video recording resolution. Therefore:
1. When the video is recorded at 4K, the highest video transmission resolution is 720p/30;
2. When the video is recorded at 2.7K, video transmission resolution tops out at 1080p/30;
3. When the video is recorded at 1080p or below, depending on whether the frame rate is higher than 30fps or lower than 30fps, the max video transmission resolution will be 720p/60fps or 1080p/30fps, respectively.
We will check the other issue with our engineers to seek for an answer. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-16
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for providing.
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now