Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all,

Has anyone noticed on their mavic 2 that there is no clearance between the frame and the motor housing when folding the back legs? When folding the back legs the motor housing grinds against the plastic framing.

leg1.jpeg
leg2.jpeg
2018-9-13
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Been asked several times. I placed a clear 3M film where it rubs. Never had any rubbing scratch because I don't really just snap the front or back legs abruptly. The clear 3M film is just for peace of mind.
2018-9-13
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-9-13 16:25
Been asked several times. I placed a clear 3M film where it rubs. Never had any rubbing scratch because I don't really just snap the front or back legs abruptly. The clear 3M film is just for peace of mind.

I think the tape idea sounds like a good option, I'll probably do that myself.   I also looked really close at the way the arms fold in, it hits a detent which makes it feel like it's hitting much worse than what it really is.  I did notice that there is a little screw on the leg, mine wasn't loose, but it needed a bit of tightening.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The rubbing of the aircraft's rear arms body is not a quality issue. Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_zI1cGWfrAHzL
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-14 03:05
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The rubbing of the aircraft's rear arms body is not a quality issue. Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a safe flight always.

Not a quality issue? haha!!  So it's not a "quality issue" when I have to put tape on the sides of my new DJI $1,600 drone to prevent the arms from scratching the body?  You guys are really something!
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules