Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Price Increase!
12Next >
2658 40 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

Major price increase!

I don't see anywhere that this was annouced previous to its implementation.

Is this a blowback against Trade Tariffs?

Any comment DJI?

2018-9-13
Use props
fansfcc89423
lvl.2
United States

I wondering the same thing, wanted order a battery today and was taking back by the new price increases.
2018-9-13
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are the price differences?
2018-9-13
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

Im just waiting for the canned DJI response that has been given in other threads.  This is really insulting
2018-9-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-9-13 19:04
What are the price differences?

I THINK the Mavic 2 batteries increased from $119 to $139. Looks like everywhere else on the internet lists them still at $119. DJI has them at $139
mavic2battery.jpg
mavic2batteryfrom DJI.jpg
2018-9-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

1px0ff Posted at 2018-9-13 19:56
Im just waiting for the canned DJI response that has been given in other threads.  This is really insulting

Could be a supply and demand thing. I know they weren't in stock for about 2 weeks after M2P release. They just got in stock on 9/10 at 2am
mavic2batteryinstock.jpg
2018-9-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone remember the original price of the fly-more-combos? I can't remember but I think they increased in price as well.
flymorecombos.jpg
2018-9-13
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>

Bing Err Posted at 2018-9-13 20:16
Does anyone remember the original price of the fly-more-combos? I can't remember but I think they increased in price as well.

Fly More Package was initially 319!
2018-9-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-13 20:30
Fly More Package was initially 319!

I posted the wrong combo picture. I fixed it now. Looks like they both increased by $60. But they only come with 2 extra batteries right? Hmm. Maybe the price of the Pro and Zoom will also increase by $20.
2018-9-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch, guess I'll wait a little longer.
2018-9-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-9-13 20:05
Could be a supply and demand thing. I know they weren't in stock for about 2 weeks after M2P release. They just got in stock on 9/10 at 2am

thats what it is.  its supply and demand.  my 3 closest local best buy stores are selling dji drones  like crazy. i asked about it when the girl opened cabinet for me, and i saw only 1 mavic 2 left it was zoom model.  she said oh yea these things are selling out at a crazy rate.  dont even have fly more bundles left and no mavic 2 batteries or mavic 1 batteries left.. and only handful of mavic air accessories...
2018-9-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-9-13 20:42

That's what I was thinking, but what if these prices are here to stay?
2018-9-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-9-13 20:42

I was looking at options to order Mavic 2 batteries OTHER than DJI.com. Looks like all the M2 batteries are listed at "Temp out of stock", "Backordered" or "Preorder" items on these 4 websites. Wonder if you bought/preordered the batteries now if they would honor the $119 price, or would they just send you an email stating the price just increased and charge you $139??

https://www.adorama.com/djm2bat. ... vH0DThoCF2YQAvD_BwE
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... gQAvD_BwE&smp=y
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_96 ... oHuVTBoCUjYQAvD_BwE
https://www.focuscamera.com/dji- ... ry-for-mavic-2.html
2018-9-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-9-13 20:50
That's what I was thinking, but what if these prices are here to stay?

My MP Is flying without any issues and I have a recent purchased P3A also without issues.
The MP2 is really a want and not a need. I really second guessing getting it. I'm afraid it won't
work with my Mini 2,and don't want to purchase a new one. Also is why I haven't updated my app.
2018-9-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-9-13 21:03
My MP Is flying without any issues and I have a recent purchased P3A also without issues.
The MP2 is really a want and not a need. I really second guessing getting it. I'm afraid it won't
work with my Mini 2,and don't want to purchase a new one. Also is why I haven't updated my app.

Fair enough. I really wanted it but I'm always looking for the best deal. I think I'll wait until my DJI Membership 20% off coupons start working on M2 batteries. Might be a while.
2018-9-13
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>

Bing Err Posted at 2018-9-13 21:06
Fair enough. I really wanted it but I'm always looking for the best deal. I think I'll wait until my DJI Membership 20% off coupons start working on M2 batteries. Might be a while.

I actually wouldn't put it past them to soon levy a fee for Firmware updates!!
2018-9-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-9-13 21:06
Fair enough. I really wanted it but I'm always looking for the best deal. I think I'll wait until my DJI Membership 20% off coupons start working on M2 batteries. Might be a while.

Me too, really really want it. My CC is burning a hole in my wallet. but I will sit it on ice for now .
2018-9-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-13 21:17
I actually wouldn't put it past them to soon levy a fee for Firmware updates!!

I doubt that would happened because then no one would ever do them.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products’ as well as accessories’ product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience.
After the price adjustment, if you want to purchase extra batteries, propellers, chargers, and portable bags, the Fly More Kit is still the ideal budget choice.
For more information about the Mavic 2 products and accessories information, please go to store.dji.com. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-9-14
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Latvia

I hope DJI will not follow GoPro marketing
2018-9-14
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

https://dronedj.com/2018/09/13/dji-mavic-2-fly-more-kit-price/
2018-9-14
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I wonder how many times and how many different DJI represen--I mean bots-- we can get to copy and paste the exact same paragraph in here.
2018-9-14
Use props
Bigz
lvl.2
France

[Beside the point] Regarding the MP2 characteristics, I think DJI had make a commercial mistake. It's one or two hundred too cheap.

But it's a good mistake for us.

In the contrary, accessory products were already expensive. [Go Pro politics?]
2018-9-14
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-14 11:41
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products’ as well as accessories’ product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience. After the price adjustment, for consumers who need extra batteries, propellers, chargers, and portable bags, the Fly More Kit is still the ideal budget choice.  For more information about the Mavic 2 products and accessories information, please go to www.store.dji.com.

2018-9-14
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-14 06:00
I wonder how many times and how many different DJI represen--I mean bots-- we can get to copy and paste the exact same paragraph in here.

Hahaha. they have been offering the same exact response to each thread that is complaining about this.  I really do think they are just bots
2018-9-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-14 00:28
Hi all, together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products’ as well as accessories’ product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience.
After the price adjustment, if you want to purchase extra batteries, propellers, chargers, and portable bags, the Fly More Kit is still the ideal budget choice.
For more information about the Mavic 2 products and accessories information, please go to store.dji.com. Appreciate your understanding.

I think the problem is that dji have imposed a 18% price increase on all Mavic2 accessories, many already have combo, but wish to purchase extra batteries, but are now faced with these price increases after only 3 weeks, orignal price off battery without combo €119 now €139, this seems a bit unfair to many who have spent thousands on this product.
2018-9-14
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-14 12:36
I think the problem is that dji have imposed a 18% price increase on all Mavic2 accessories, many already have combo, but wish to purchase extra batteries, but are now faced with these price increases after only 3 weeks, orignal price off battery without combo €119 now €139, this seems a bit unfair to many who have spent thousands on this product.

Exactly, they’ve already bought the drone. DJI know that everyone wants at least 1 more battery.

Customer service??? LOL. There’s just too many people pumping out kids to care anymore. There’s always a new customer to replace the current.

Remember, China won WW2 and USA just sorta felt like dropping a bomb on Japan for good measure. This is their belief, so guess what else is the norm there?
2018-9-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-9-14 13:10
Exactly, they’ve already bought the drone. DJI know that everyone wants at least 1 more battery.

Customer service??? LOL. There’s just too many people pumping out kids to care anymore. There’s always a new customer to replace the current.

Well the combo comes with 2 batteries plus the one with the aircraft, but charger comes with place for 4 batteries, so lots looking to just get that 4th battery, so just think it’s all a bit underhanded.
But there you go I don’t see them dropping prices now.
2018-9-14
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Yeah it's a shame they've raised prices just like that... I guess they figured out people would buy them anyway...
2018-9-14
Use props
fans15059fa5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939951 ft
United States

Bought my batteries the second they re released. Paid 239 for two. Wohooo
2018-9-14
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-14 00:28
Hi all, together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products’ as well as accessories’ product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience.

Mindy,

That's a stock corporate reply if I ever saw one!

Trump's additional 200 billion didn't have anything to do with it?

You introduce a new product  and then promptly raise the price?

"sustainable quality experience"...that's a dandy catch phrase!
2018-9-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-9-14 14:48
Nothing to do with tariffs. That’s why they jacked up prices on all their accessories in all global markets- not just the US. It’s greed, not tariffs. And she was given that phrase to cut and paste whenever anyone asks about it.

"Nothing to do with tariffs. "

In which case you'll have those to look forward too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45527935
2018-9-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-9-14 12:50
DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products’ as well as accessories’ product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience.
For more information about the Mavic 2 products and accessories information, please go to store.dji.com.

2018-9-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-14 14:47
Mindy,

That's a stock corporate reply if I ever saw one!

"sustainable quality experience"...that's a dandy catch phrase!

Would that mean Mavic Pro 2 will be supported with regular Firmware updates, unlike Mavic Air?

2018-9-14
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Looks like Crutchfield and DroneWorld have followed suit but there's a few websites that have left the price at $119. I wonder, if they leave the price of these batteries at $139 will it cause a wave of 3rd party batteries and knockoffs to flood Amazon. If the profit margin is that high, I could see it happening.
mavic2battery.jpg
2018-9-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-14 15:57
"Nothing to do with tariffs. "

In which case you'll have those to look forward too.

Only if you live in U.S.
Unless I missed news announcement that President Trump, is now President of the World too!
2018-9-14
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-14 20:18
Only if you live in U.S.
Unless I missed news announcement that President Trump, is now President of the World too!

Im sure in his mind he is
2018-9-14
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-14 20:18
Only if you live in U.S.

That comment was in reply to WingSpeed who does live in US.

Besides that many other tariffs were dictated, which apply to many other countries, it all has a knock on effect on prices world wide.
2018-9-15
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

i would have rather had no dji credits then i would have made the decision to just buy a second battery anyway as soon as stock was available, it seems like they knew most people would be looking for extras after receiving there mavics then holding back until credits was available, which takes a ridiculous amount of time anyway, perfect timing DJI raise the prices just before credits arrive in peoples accounts, i feel gutted !! that dji have taken my credits away with this ridiculous price increase.......gutted !! trouble is that i still need a battery and i will have to get it from dji, they have you by the balls and there is nothing you can do about it
2018-9-15
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

1px0ff Posted at 2018-9-13 19:56

Ya, one of the robot mods response will be “ May I ask which device you are using?”
2018-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules