Phantom 3 SE Controller Disconnects when Phone is connected to WiFi.
1816 12 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansedeb5814
lvl.1

Hi, Im trying to find a solution to the Problem im having right now, I have a Phantom 3 SE, Andriod 8.0 Samsung Galaxy S9+, DJI GO App up to date, Can't Enable Hardware Decoding, Whenever i turn my drone and controller. Connect phone to wifi and go on dji go app not do anything and waiting, In a minute or two it starts disconnecting controller from the drone and it reconnects, disconnects, reconnect, repeat. There was no solution or anything similar online, Don't know if its software or a hardware issue. If anyone has a solution to this problem that will amazing!.
2018-9-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you outside away from your home's wifi router?

Have you tried it by NOT connecting phone to wifi but instead load the Go app first and let it connect to your controller's wifi?  
2018-9-14
Use props
fansedeb5814
lvl.1

Currently right now I'm in a hurricane and there's no wifi right now and I have not tried that
2018-9-14
Use props
fansedeb5814
lvl.1

It did not work and also I'm in my bedroom waiting for it to occur because it's raining outside
2018-9-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I see your Samsung Galaxy S9+ is not on the recommended list.  I wonder if that's the problem...?

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-se/info?lang=cn#specs
2018-9-14
Use props
fansedeb5814
lvl.1

We already tried with the note 8 and it's the same result.
2018-9-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

You might try this forum which is a dedicated SE forum..  https://phantompilots.com/forums/phantom-se.144/

Maybe somebody there has a solution

Good luck
2018-9-14
Use props
fansedeb5814
lvl.1

Thank you I'll try that forum.
2018-9-14
Use props
fansedeb5814
lvl.1
United States

I figured out when I fly it, it doesn't not do it as long as I'm away from the drone. I'd I leave it idle it will do it. Thanks for reading and understanding!
2018-9-19
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

fansedeb5814 Posted at 2018-9-14 12:31
Currently right now I'm in a hurricane and there's no wifi right now and I have not tried that

Are you trying to connect phone to domestic internet WiFi ?

The Phone should be connected to the Controllers WiFi ... nothing else.

If you connect to Internet WiFi - the controller will be automatically disconnected. You cannot have two wifi's connected at same time.

Nigel
2018-9-20
Use props
fansedeb5814
lvl.1
United States

My Phone was only connected to the controller.
2018-9-20
Use props
fansedeb5814
lvl.1
United States

Question: Is it normal when leaving drone and controller idle while phone connected to wifi starts going in a loop of disconnecting and reconnecting or do I need to get up with support?
2018-9-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

i think this is not normal behavior of the AC or RC
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules