Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A different type of battery error.
1405 11 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans15f676e4
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft

I posted the title as such, because there was a former post on battery error. I believe mine is a little different.

My P4 was covered by DJI service and I recieved a P4 from DJI service in very quick turn around. Of course it was a replacement and not mine repaired. I was checking it out in between a lot of rain we have been having and notice the video kept stopping on it's own. 2 days of rain later I changed the sd card and the video worked well. There was a "battery error" message in the upper left were the status flight mode is. It would come on and off periodically. I call DJI service and was told to drain the battery to 0. After that to charge the battery for 4 hours and make sure it was a 100%. It shuts off at a 100%, so the 4 hours never happened. I was then told to redo the firmware. I know all that was correct, because I have a Captel machine and rechecked the dialogue.

We had a death in the family and time to do things wasn't there.  I took it out again before dark with only 65% battery just for a short flight to see if the problem was resolved. Same thing, "battery error." The P4 flew well even with that message. When I checked the flight records, there was no warrings and for less than a second at one point, I had a small cell deviation in 3 & 4 that showed in orange. The error message was repletedly on the mobile. Why? There were no warrings on the mobile app, about battery error.

I wish I had another battery so I could check it out. I know that would say a lot.
Any help would be appreciated.

[size=14.6667px]DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
2018-9-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

IMO, all flights, tests, etc., should be done with a fully charged battery.  So I would fly again after launching with a fully charged battery and see if the battery error messages stop.

Re the video problem, I would try a Sandisk Extreme Pro card.  

Good luck
2018-9-14
Use props
fans15f676e4
First Officer

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-14 13:49
IMO, all flights, tests, etc., should be done with a fully charged battery.  So I would fly again after launching with a fully charged battery and see if the battery error messages stop.

Re the video problem, I would try a Sandisk Extreme Pro card.  

That is what I replaced the video card with. Video is fine.

The full battery test will be tomorrow. The test with the 65% battery was the firmware update and trying to upload flight records. I'm not real bright in that area, hence the test I just had to do, to see if all was well.
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry to read the troubles. For the video stop, it looks like the SD card issue, I'm glad to hear you have found the clue and fixed it. Regarding the battery error, does it remain after draining the battery and recharge fully? If yes, please kindly offer the error message, the battery screenshot and the last repair case number, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-9-14
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-14 18:50
Hi there, we're sorry to read the troubles. For the video stop, it looks like the SD card issue, I'm glad to hear you have found the clue and fixed it. Regarding the battery error, does it remain after draining the battery and recharge fully? If yes, please kindly offer the error message, the battery screenshot and the last repair case number, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!

I flew it to day to get the screen shot. That was the only way to see the "battery error" message. It doesn't come up anywhere else. It is not in warnings. The back lights flash red when the warning comes on and goes off when the battery error messahe goes off. I noticed when it came up, the battery icon was fine, but when I clicked on the icon, the battery info #'s were blank. They came back on when the error message went away.  

This is from today's flight. In the log, there is no warnings about battery error. There were many on the screen. Case# cas-2141576-k2c9q2
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ZQS8WJ0UU1LYV9KLGY9D/

Edit update: A day after this post, I flew again with my android mobile. The "battery error" message still came up, but in a different place. Where it came up on my I pad, now on my android it said, "Battery signal error". Big difference. That eliminates the battery problem unless the sensor is there, which if it is, it may have been damaged in the previous crash caused by the warranty issue. I never saw that battery warning till after the crash.
2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Goldenseal Posted at 2018-9-15 12:37
I flew it to day to get the screen shot. That was the only way to see the "battery error" message. It doesn't come up anywhere else. It is not in warnings. The back lights flash red when the warning comes on and goes off when the battery error messahe goes off. I noticed when it came up, the battery icon was fine, but when I clicked on the icon, the battery info #'s were blank. They came back on when the error message went away.  
[view_image]

Hi Goldenseal, thanks for the case number and the additional info, we see you didn't send in the battery in the previous case, it is recommended to contact our support to start a ticket and send in this battery for further evaluation, please let us know if you have further concern.
2018-9-16
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-16 19:55
Hi Goldenseal, thanks for the case number and the additional info, we see you didn't send in the battery in the previous case, it is recommended to contact our support to start a ticket and send in this battery for further evaluation, please let us know if you have further concern.

I appreciate your kind and quick response to my post. It was just some false hope. I thought possibly it would be covered under warranty from the P4 crash by your response.  I was told by the service tech that the battery was older then 6 months, so there is no coverage even if the crash was caused by a warranty issue. I had a ND 4 filter broken in the cash that was not replaced, because DJI does not replace other things, like that. The tech made that clear to me. He said the repair would be more then what the battery cost. He said I could buy another battery for $160 US. There was no discount offered.

I am very happy to get the replacement P4. I ordered another battery so I can check out the replaced P4 I received so that I can know for sure it is working properly. No dout, DJI has the best affordable  drones on the market. I hope other's can learn by my experiences.  
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Goldenseal Posted at 2018-9-19 09:30
I appreciate your kind and quick response to my post. It was just some false hope. I thought possibly it would be covered under warranty from the P4 crash by your response.  I was told by the service tech that the battery was older then 6 months, so there is no coverage even if the crash was caused by a warranty issue. I had a ND 4 filter broken in the cash that was not replaced, because DJI does not replace other things, like that. The tech made that clear to me. He said the repair would be more then what the battery cost. He said I could buy another battery for $160 US. There was no discount offered.

I am very happy to get the replacement P4. I ordered another battery so I can check out the replaced P4 I received so that I can know for sure it is working properly. No dout, DJI has the best affordable  drones on the market. I hope other's can learn by my experiences.

Sorry to know the battery cannot be replaced, please send in all the crashed parts if the accident happens again, your concern of the battery will be escalated to the local team to verify again if the battery can be replaced, we will have someone to contact you after the verification, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-9-19
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-19 19:28
Sorry to know the battery cannot be replaced, please send in all the crashed parts if the accident happens again, your concern of the battery will be escalated to the local team to verify again if the battery can be replaced, we will have someone to contact you after the verification, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you Mindy. I appreciate you advice,  I will do, but I hope there is never another time.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Goldenseal Posted at 2018-9-20 13:45
Thank you Mindy. I appreciate you advice,  I will do, but I hope there is never another time.

Sure, hope the accident will not happen again, have a safe flight.
2018-9-20
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer

This is an update on my situation: I bought an other DJI battery from a vendor in NJ. and they switched it out for a non DJI battery. I refused delivery. I am now waiting for my refund. I ordered another DJI battery from Fl. It was to be new. There were 11 charges on it. I kept it. Price was good and I needed to test the Phantom 4 DJI service sent me, to see if it was a battery problem or not. DJI has been very patient. I flew with it late yesterday. It also showed "battery error" twice for about 1 second each in a 20 minute flight.. With all that being said, my appreciation for DJI has grown. They had nothing to do with the vendors and my battery issues.  DJI is a huge company. They have worked with me in a very personal way to resolve my problems. My being hard of hearing hasn't made it easy for them. DJI calls me back, has worked with me and my hearing  problems. Anyone with severe hearing problems can understand. DJI has been very patient.I feel they have spent a lot of time on me to resolve things. Not everything is easily resolved. I can't begin to get into the intricacy of the situation. They sure are working with me. LOL They have to deal with a lot of people and some people you are never going to make happy. I am amazed that they are still working with me. Thank you DJI and your staff.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Goldenseal Posted at 2018-9-27 15:21
This is an update on my situation: I bought an other DJI battery from a vendor in NJ. and they switched it out for a non DJI battery. I refused delivery. I am now waiting for my refund. I ordered another DJI battery from Fl. It was to be new. There were 11 charges on it. I kept it. Price was good and I needed to test the Phantom 4 DJI service sent me, to see if it was a battery problem or not. DJI has been very patient. I flew with it late yesterday. It also showed "battery error" twice for about 1 second each in a 20 minute flight.. With all that being said, my appreciation for DJI has grown. They had nothing to do with the vendors and my battery issues.  DJI is a huge company. They have worked with me in a very personal way to resolve my problems. My being hard of hearing hasn't made it easy for them. DJI calls me back, has worked with me and my hearing  problems. Anyone with severe hearing problems can understand. DJI has been very patient.I feel they have spent a lot of time on me to resolve things. Not everything is easily resolved. I can't begin to get into the intricacy of the situation. They sure are working with me. LOL They have to deal with a lot of people and some people you are never going to make happy. I am amazed that they are still working with me. Thank you DJI and your staff.

Hi Goldenseal, thank you for sharing your experience. We really appreciate your support of our service. This provides us with motivations to keep moving. We'll make sure to go forward and provide a more professional service to our valued customers like you. Thank you again for your positive feedback, hope you have a nice time.
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules