Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro - no longer connecting to remote
2963 18 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6516 ft
  • >>>

I am hoping you can help!  About two weeks ago, my Phantom 4 Pro remote started beeping and blinking red.  It will no longer connect to the DJI Go app...so I have no idea what is going on.  I've watched tutorials online, but the *fixes* out there don't work.  I've drained the battery....recharged...tried pressing C1 and C2....still nothing.  Today, I had a drone shoot scheduled, so took my Mavic Pro.  It wouldn't connect either -- but there was no beeping.  Just would not connect.

Any idea what's going on?  I feel like it must be something like an update as it is happening to both drones.  I have connected the drones to DJI Assist and they are updated...is there a way to update my remotes or something?  The issue I have is that my remotes will NOT connect to DJI GO....so I can't do an update if there was one.
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Can you please try to perform restore factory default to your drone via DJI Assistant 2? After that, please kindly refresh your firmware. Once done, kindly manually re-link your remote controller to your aircraft. Let see if this will work. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-9-14
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>

Hi Natalia...so this still doesn't work.  The remote is unable to pair with the drone because the remote is beeping non-stop when I turn it on.  And the REMOTE while loudly beeping and blinking red - will NOT connect to my phone at all.  So I can't pair it with my P4P.  Any ideas?  
2018-9-15
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wiggle the sticks at start up?
2018-9-15
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>

Edward J Smith Posted at 2018-9-15 08:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKa8F1rsx-o&feature=youtu.be&t=74

I'll try this now...thanks!
2018-9-15
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Edward J Smith Posted at 2018-9-15 08:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKa8F1rsx-o&feature=youtu.be&t=74

So I tried this and the remote will go into pairing mode...I'll try to pair it...then it just starts beeping and blinking red again.  The remote AND the drone blink a red light while the alarm sounds.
2018-9-15
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-9-15 08:30
wiggle the sticks at start up?

Thanks for the suggestion!  I saw this on another thread and tried it.  No luck.  
2018-9-15
Use props
Cristian V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40338 ft
Ecuador

I hace a similar issue, i cant  Link the rc with  dji  go 4, i can move the gymbal, start engines, but  in the top bar of the app say  DISCONECTED with a black screen, no camera visualization, please  help  us
2018-9-15
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft

Cristian V Posted at 2018-9-15 23:53
I hace a similar issue, i cant  Link the rc with  dji  go 4, i can move the gymbal, start engines, but  in the top bar of the app say  DISCONECTED with a black screen, no camera visualization, please  help  us

Does it do this with the USB cable removed?
2018-9-16
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>

ATJ Posted at 2018-9-16 06:27
Does it do this with the USB cable removed?

Yes...whether or not it is attached the alarm sounds.  Oh wait...just realized this was for previous poster.
2018-9-16
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-14 16:36
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Can you please try to perform restore factory default to your drone via DJI Assistant 2? After that, please kindly refresh your firmware. Once done, kindly manually re-link your remote controller to your aircraft. Let see if this will work. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Hi Natalia,  With both of my drones not working (which seems strange) I cannot fulfill my drone shoots this week for clients.  Any other tips on getting these up and running again?
2018-9-16
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer

Blu_Kerry Posted at 2018-9-16 08:26
Hi Natalia,  With both of my drones not working (which seems strange) I cannot fulfill my drone shoots this week for clients.  Any other tips on getting these up and running again?

Are you plugging both drones into the same mobile device.
2018-9-16
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>

ATJ Posted at 2018-9-16 09:46
Are you plugging both drones into the same mobile device.

The remote for my P4P...starts beeping the moment I turn it on. Whether or not my iPhone is attached.  When attached, DJI Go4 does not connect to the drone at all.  

When I tried using my Mavic, figuring I could use it as my back-up until the other is fixed, it won't connect either.  The remote just says "Connecting..." but never actually connects to the drone.  

I feel like there is some update or something that must have created this as both drones were working fine two weeks ago.
2018-9-16
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer

Blu_Kerry Posted at 2018-9-16 10:47
The remote for my P4P...starts beeping the moment I turn it on. Whether or not my iPhone is attached.  When attached, DJI Go4 does not connect to the drone at all.  

When I tried using my Mavic, figuring I could use it as my back-up until the other is fixed, it won't connect either.  The remote just says "Connecting..." but never actually connects to the drone.  

Let me see if I can rephrase that, is the USB cable unplugged from the RC when you turn it on.
Have you tried using another cable?

What are you using for a mobile device?
2018-9-16
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>

ATJ Posted at 2018-9-16 12:14
Let me see if I can rephrase that, is the USB cable unplugged from the RC when you turn it on.
Have you tried using another cable?

Hi...so several scenarios.  
P4P
- Yes, the USB is unplugged and the the remote is off.  I turn it on (NOT plugged in) it beeps constantly and blinks red.
- I've tried 3 USB cables.  All that have worked previously and work with other devices.  I plug those in...and turn on the remote.  It beeps constantly and blinks red.  Will not connect.
- I've tried doing the manual pairing of my remote to the drone.  It will go into pairing mode...but will not pair when I try to link up the drone and reverts to loud beeping and red light blinking.  
I'm now trying to downgrade to the previous update on the firmware for the drone to see if that does anything.

Mavic Pro
- I've tried using several cords with this...both using the USB slot and the other (Mini?) that is how my phone usually hooked up.  Including purchasing a new one.  Remote control turns on...and just says "connecting..." and never connects.

Just so frustrating!
2018-9-16
Use props
Blu_Kerry
lvl.2
  • >>>

Okay - just wanted to update!  I downgraded to the previous version of firmware.  Remote still beeped...but it allowed me to get into the drone which came up with alerts that told me my remote joysticks needed to be calibrated.  I did the calibration...beeping stopped...powered up the drone and it connected!!  Now to fix the Mavic.  
2018-9-16
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer

Blu_Kerry Posted at 2018-9-16 14:25
Okay - just wanted to update!  I downgraded to the previous version of firmware.  Remote still beeped...but it allowed me to get into the drone which came up with alerts that told me my remote joysticks needed to be calibrated.  I did the calibration...beeping stopped...powered up the drone and it connected!!  Now to fix the Mavic.

Bravo, All though nobody should have to go through this, sounds like your on your way to sucess.
2018-9-16
Use props
GustavoRAX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1276 ft
Brazil

Cristian V Posted at 2018-9-15 23:53

I have the same problem here with my Phantom 4. I have also tested on other devices, updated software, etc. It always worked correctly, but simply stopped connecting to the cell phone. Connection between aircraft and control works perfectly.
I'll try the factory reset.
2020-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules