Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
top bar screws getting loose too easy
1804 4 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

anyone else had problem with the grip screws of the bars getting loose too easy? i noticed this happens because of the gap in the inside parts that drive the attachment of the bars with tophandle, allowing small twists thus loosen the screws.
Gimbal is somewhat useless as its unstable with loosen bars...risky too if they unscrew too much.
2015-5-30
Use props
contact
New

United States

Yes, on the right side I have noticed it. I finally was able to tighten it up but it took much more twisting than normal.
2015-5-31
Use props
not2slimjim
New

United States

Same problem here.  You can somewhat fix it by putting some thin tape on the ends of the top bar arms, with a bit extra so it folds over the sides into the 'indent' part.  This will stop the arm wobble, and that stops the locknut from gradually loosening up.
2015-5-31
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Dear Customer,

Please kindly send a video of your issue to yi.zhang@dji.com
we will help you handle it, THX~

Best Regards!
Cathy
2015-6-1
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

@not2slimjim: exactly what i did too...i used industrial coating (teflon) to fill the gaps of the inner parts somehow (cross passing and wraping the coating). But still the rods twist and getting loose too easy again...not as much as before tho. Removing rods and putting them on again will damage the coating even more, turning it useless. Anyway the idea behind the '3 turns lock' thing is that the two parts are supposed to be 'twist locked' from the inner drive parts. There is some bad calculations from the mechanics on that thing.

@DJI-Cathy: Sure thing.. will send video as soon as i get to the office. Already mailed DroneLand & DJI support europe but i got no answer yet.
2015-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules