Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Announcement - Price Adjustment for Mavic 2 Pro
123Next >
20244 99 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Announcement - Price Adjustment for Mavic 2 Pro
Dear users,

DJI regularly reviews its product strategy and pricing structure for its drones, handheld products and accessories. Price adjustments enable us to produce high-quality, cutting-edge technology according to our standard of innovation.

We are announcing a long-term price adjustment for the Mavic 2 Pro. The new Retail price will be effective on 12 AM EDT, Sep 17.

Price

Name
RRPUSD
Mavic 2 Pro
$1,499
Mavic 2 Pro + DJI Goggles RE
$1,948

Please feel free to contact our sales representatives with any questions you may have.
Thank you for your support!

Best,
DJI,
September 15, 2018

2018-9-14
Use props
simis
Captain
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Latvia

Is this Mavic 2 Pro with or without fish-eye hasselblad camera?
2018-9-14
Use props
STST
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

Why only the Mavic 2 pro and not Mavic 2 Zoom ?
Its may becasue Manufacturing issue?
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Thank you for the information Grace. Again some money saved by having ordered it fast after release as well as the Fly More Kit :-)
2018-9-15
Use props
simis
Captain
Latvia

I don't mind to pay extra 50$ if this is 10bit fish-eye fixed version.
2018-9-15
Use props
kabauterman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2703514 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is there technically anything different?

Same product? Same Flaws? Same Lens?
2018-9-15
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

simis Posted at 2018-9-14 23:56
Is this Mavic 2 Pro with or without fish-eye hasselblad camera?

with hasselblad
2018-9-15
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

kabauterman Posted at 2018-9-15 00:57
Is there technically anything different?

Same product? Same Flaws? Same Lens?

Hasselblad lens  does not belong to DJI.  its simply purchased from Hasselblad ,Sweden  or Switzerland

But the Mavic 2 Pro Zoom is the first of its kind with a lossless zoom for closer shots.
2018-9-15
Use props
simis
Captain
Latvia

with fish-eye distortion Hasselblad
2018-9-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 2 Pro is not the only thing you are changing. The Flymore package up another $60 and the batteries are now $139 up $20....

Looks like they have adjusted most items, the new ND filters went up from $79 to $99 and these are not in stock …

Rich
2018-9-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not too good for us....
2018-9-15
Use props
kseeber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702815 ft
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-9-15 04:51
Hasselblad lens  does not belong to DJI.  its simply purchased from Hasselblad ,Sweden  or Switzerland

But the Mavic 2 Pro Zoom is the first of its kind with a lossless zoom for closer shots.

DJI owns Hasselblad, so yeah, it is their lens.
2018-9-15
Use props
msavic6 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278583 ft
Canada

Don't you think it would have been fair to give a 2-3 day warning for the price increase on the Fly More Combo? The majority of us on this forum already own the drone so this warning serves no purpose for the majority of us. I for one was waiting to receive my DJI Credit before purchasing the Fly More Combo but it jumped up $60 USD randomly one day and now I'm questioning whether I really should spend the money on it, $60 USD is not a small amount.

Regardless, my point is that if a warning was given about an incoming price increase, I would have made my purchase and DJI would have earned $319 USD and that would have been way more fair to the early adopters who are essentially beta-testing the M2P.
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Hasselblad belongs to DJI ;-)
2018-9-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

msavic6 5 Posted at 2018-9-15 12:23
Don't you think it would have been fair to give a 2-3 day warning for the price increase on the Fly More Combo? The majority of us on this forum already own the drone so this warning serves no purpose for the majority of us. I for one was waiting to receive my DJI Credit before purchasing the Fly More Combo but it jumped up $60 USD randomly one day and now I'm questioning whether I really should spend the money on it, $60 USD is not a small amount.

Regardless, my point is that if a warning was given about an incoming price increase, I would have made my purchase and DJI would have earned $319 USD and that would have been way more fair to the early adopters who are essentially beta-testing the M2P.

Yes, it would have been fair and appropriate. It looks that they have learned and therefore made this announcement.
2018-9-16
Use props
DaBone
lvl.4

Sweden

Hasselblad was a swedish company, but DJI bought them in 2017. Already in 2009 they acquired minority interests in Hasselblad.
Manufacturing is still in Gothenburg, on the swedish westcoast.
2018-9-16
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Interestingly the tax inclusive price for where I live is still the same ($1699),
2018-9-16
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-16 01:04
Hasselblad belongs to DJI ;-)

Oh really  !!
2018-9-16
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

DaBone Posted at 2018-9-16 01:33
Hasselblad was a swedish company, but DJI bought them in 2017. Already in 2009 they acquired minority interests in Hasselblad.
Manufacturing is still in Gothenburg, on the swedish westcoast.

that explains why DJI is better than the rest in camera technology !!

We have a similar case in India where Tata company owns the British Range Rover and Jaguar brands.  The technology is transferred to Tata and now we have a better Tata car - Made in India )
2018-9-16
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Don't you think it would have been fair to give a 2-3 day warning for the price increase on the Fly More Combo? The majority of us on this forum already own the drone so this warning serves no purpose for the majority of us. I for one was waiting to receive my DJI Credit before purchasing the Fly More Combo but it jumped up $60 USD randomly one day and now I'm questioning whether I really should spend the money on it, $60 USD is not a small amount.

If they had given warning, thousands of people would've ordered instantly, causing lack of supply and extreme shipping delays.
2018-9-16
Use props
itsjustme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Well looks like DJI made the decision for me. I was debating whether to get the MP2 pro or not. Looks like the answer is NO. At these prices, blurry camera, missing features etc... Its not worth that ridiculous amount of money.
2018-9-16
Use props
daishi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

itsjustme Posted at 2018-9-16 07:28
Well looks like DJI made the decision for me. I was debating whether to get the MP2 pro or not. Looks like the answer is NO. At these prices, blurry camera, missing features etc... Its not worth that ridiculous amount of money.

Its not nice that they increased the price put I wouldn't change my decision to by or not to buy the M2P
because of 50$ more...

For me it was the best decision to buy one and I don´t regret it:
The M2P is so stable in the air and the sensors give a lot of confidence.
The camera is classes better than in my old Mavic Pro!
The only downside is the not in camera corrected barrel distortion in D-LOG, but doing this in post
takes like 10 seconds...

Just my 2 cents.
2018-9-16
Use props
itsjustme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

daishi Posted at 2018-9-16 07:38
Its not nice that they increased the price put I wouldn't change my decision to by or not to buy the M2P
because of 50$ more...

sure, but there are several videos on youtube coming up that are complaining about the non sharpness of the MP2 pro vs the zoon camera etc. I already have a MP1, that is plagues with over compression and corner focus issues.
Even if the new camera in the MP2 pro has similar issues then i see no point in spending so much money on mp2 pro. I dont get why DJI brags about their "hig end" camera in this calls of drones and yet there are always some type of problems with the most key component!
2018-9-16
Use props
driverman930
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

2000 grand mmmmm I need to put in some heavy OT to get a combo
2018-9-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sometimes it pays to wait at least a year after introduction to buy.  Kinks have to be worked out.
2018-9-16
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft

sure cheaper would be nice, i was not gonna buy anyhow, current prices for mavic 2 zoom/pro seem reasonable. the price increase for accessoires is hard to justify though?
2018-9-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

China and America are currently in a war of markets ... be patien for high prices
2018-9-17
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

Is the produced high-quality in the Mavic 2.1 Pro be offered to the original Mavic 2.0 Pro users? Can one upgrade if they pay the $50 difference to get the produced high-quality in Mavic 2.1 ?
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the Zenmuse Z3 released in June 2016 was DJI's first lossless 4K camera for closer shots (x7 zoom with x3.5 being optical) so the M2Z camera is far from being the 'first of it's kind'.
2018-9-17
Use props
djiuser_4RTCQcXsm7Iq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84760 ft
Australia

It's a bitter pill to swallow when thy are on back order here in Australia for you to put the price up, it has cost you a sale for the Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More Kit, don't put the price up before you can supply the dealers
2018-9-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-15 08:35
Not too good for us....

Why? This is just preparation for Trump's tariffs.... And despite complaints, people will still buy because at this point in time, for this class of product, there is nothing superior.

2018-9-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Don't you think it would have been fair to give a 2-3 day warning for the price increase on the Fly More Combo? The majority of us on this forum already own the drone so this warning serves no purpose for the majority of us. I for one was waiting to receive my DJI Credit before purchasing the Fly More Combo but it jumped up $60 USD randomly one day and now I'm questioning whether I really should spend the money on it, $60 USD is not a small amount.

Is it 'fair' that the US decides to rain tariffs in two days or whatever?

'Fair' is relative and nobody is forcing anyone to buy. These are not happy times so think about that and see the bigger picture...
2018-9-17
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

To be clear it's a price increase. The timing of the increase is a PR own goal in that it has come so soon after the products release. I am one of the fortunate customers who took an early plunge to upgrade to MP2 Pro with the fly more combo at the launch price. There are some suppliers who have not adjusted their prices as yet, it's worth shopping around if you are ready to buy.
2018-9-17
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-9-17 20:18
Is it 'fair' that the US decides to rain tariffs in two days or whatever?

'Fair' is relative and nobody is forcing anyone to buy. These are not happy times so think about that and see the bigger picture...

The consumer pays in the end unfortunately.
2018-9-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-9-17 20:17
Why? This is just preparation for Trump's tariffs.... And despite complaints, people will still buy because at this point in time, for this class of product, there is nothing superior.

Even more money down the drain.
2018-9-17
Use props
woolfie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598100 ft
Austria

When is the convenient point in time to raise the price?
2018-9-18
Use props
woolfie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598100 ft
Austria

In my opinion it's okay to request a lower price at start to support early adopters and to raise it afterwards. Otherwise people wait and wait for falling prices and updates/upgrades.

So I'm confirmed to buy early and not punished to do so.
2018-9-18
Use props
FlyingFish82
Captain
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think the reason goes way beyond what everyone else has mentioned here. i think this was more along the lines on tariffs imposed to China by the US, and DJI adjusting to maintain the profit margins they set at onset of product offering. but again, that is just my opinion.

ALL in ALL, great product and im very impressed and happy with it.

Cheers and fly Safe everyone!
2018-9-18
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps I will wait for a year for the Mavic 2 Pro price to drop back to their introduction price before buying.
Edit: The pain scale of crashing one's drone has gone up another notch. A $2000 drone doing the dirt dive is gonna hurt, for awhile.
2018-9-18
Use props
Vlas
Captain
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

That’s very unfortunate.
2018-9-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced