Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Announcement - Price Adjustment for Mavic 2 Pro
123Next >
20246 103 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps I will wait for a year for the Mavic 2 Pro price to drop back to their introduction price before buying.
Edit: The pain scale of crashing one's drone has gone up another notch. A $2000 drone doing the dirt dive is gonna hurt, for awhile.
2018-9-18
Use props
Vlas
Captain
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

That’s very unfortunate.
2018-9-18
Use props
Anvar Valeyev
lvl.1

United States

Too expensive for a mid to low range camera clarity-wise. I do agree color and dynamic range are superb, however the sharpness... just look at all those videos on youtube, look at the leafs, the trees, the grass, branches - all look like a blob of color instead of defined objects. Very disappointing! I had the mavic 2 pro combo in the shopping cart, but no longer providing my credit card number. At this price point the extremely soft image @ 4k FFOV is just not worth it. This is not a Hasselblad iconic image quality! Colors / dynamic range - maybe yes,  but definitely not the clarity and resolution! Some compare clarity to 2.7k up-scaled to 4k. I'd rather say it is a true FHD upscale to 4k.  What is the point of having turbocharged V12 engine under the hood running 4 cylinders at most!?
2018-9-18
Use props
ColoradoBob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1601690 ft
United States

Ordered my MP2 Hasselblad last Friday... - Many were nay sayers when MP came out... Mine has been a dream come true.

I find it funny how peoples expectations usually exceed the products abilities and somehow they are the expert on manufacturing, photography and world wide distribution. Whatever.
2018-9-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Celsus Posted at 2018-9-17 20:54
The consumer pays in the end unfortunately.

Yes, that's true. And it is regrettable.
2018-9-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2018-9-18 06:13
i think the reason goes way beyond what everyone else has mentioned here. i think this was more along the lines on tariffs imposed to China by the US, and DJI adjusting to maintain the profit margins they set at onset of product offering. but again, that is just my opinion.

ALL in ALL, great product and im very impressed and happy with it.

I'm in agreement with your broader world view.

We need more folks like yourself on this forum and I'm glad you are enjoying the Mavic 2!
2018-9-18
Use props
driverseat
Captain
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Why is the price in dollars the same as in Euro's? The difference is € 218,- less (= $ 255,-) if I order the Pro2 by another Chin. vendor ?  
2018-9-18
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-19 01:04
Just don't buy the fking drone, np one is forcing you to...

Nope.
Not going to.
2018-9-19
Use props
FlyingFish82
Captain
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-9-18 21:28

We need more folks like yourself on this forum and I'm glad you are enjoying the Mavic 2!

Thanks Mike, just my 2 cents on the topic. i try to enjoy more and complain less.

Cheers!
2018-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-19 01:04
Just don't buy the fking drone, np one is forcing you to...

So far I'm happy enough with my MP
And there are some more important things asking for my money (work on the house)
2018-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-19 05:58
Great, I hope you have lots of fun, in the house and flying, the MP is STILL a great drone.

Yes, I am having a ton of fun with the MP.
As long as you know it's limitations (camera wise) it is a great tool to have in 'the bag'.
2018-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2018-9-18 06:13
i think the reason goes way beyond what everyone else has mentioned here. i think this was more along the lines on tariffs imposed to China by the US, and DJI adjusting to maintain the profit margins they set at onset of product offering. but again, that is just my opinion.

ALL in ALL, great product and im very impressed and happy with it.

I’m not to sure I follow this, you think it’s tarif between US and China , how do you square this with price increase in Europe, when no new tariffs apply between China and Europe, and the fact that increase is almost 8% higher in Europe than the US
Do you think dji are penalizing Europeans for Mr Trumps spurious tariffs ?

I do agree it’s a great product.
2018-9-19
Use props
Shervin
First Officer
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-15 00:37
Thank you for the information Grace. Again some money saved by having ordered it fast after release as well as the Fly More Kit :-)

Lucky you
2018-9-19
Use props
FlyingFish82
Captain
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-19 09:49
I’m not to sure I follow this, you think it’s tarif between US and China , how do you square this with price increase in Europe, when no new tariffs apply between China and Europe, and the fact that increase is almost 8% higher in Europe than the US

Hello Hallmark, like i said it is only my educated opinion on the subject, plus the laws of economics could also be playing one in here, supply and Demand, high Demand allows companies to increase price as well.  but the country (China) could very well be hiking prices on goods to counteract the tariffs imposed on them.  trade wars in this new world global economy end up affecting all regardless of who they are between.  again just my 2 cents on the subject, im not saying that is exacatly what is causing it.

Cheers Mate and sorry to hear that it went up in EU as well.
2018-9-19
Use props
johnnybflyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 533681 ft
United Kingdom

If President Trump is introducing import tariffs on goods imported from Chine I can only see the price going up even higher.
2018-9-19
Use props
Drone-Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>

My friends don't forget the imposed tariffs on all the goods being imported
2018-9-19
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Celsus Posted at 2018-9-17 20:54
The consumer pays in the end unfortunately.

Actually and quite literally, the consumer always pays as the result of a Tariff - at the BEGINNING.  
2018-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-19
Use props
jimmiegordon
New

Turkey

That’s very unfortunate.
2018-9-20
Use props
Celsus
Captain
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

randy.sauder Posted at 2018-9-19 21:30
Actually and quite literally, the consumer always pays as the result of a Tariff - at the BEGINNING.

The timing of the increase is interesting as is the application of the price increase across other markets.
2018-9-20
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-19 09:49

'Do you think dji are penalizing Europeans for Mr Trumps spurious tariffs ?'

Short answer is 'yes', any company that is fortunate enough to be able to cushion the tariffs across other markets outside the US will absolutely do so. The US market is to big for DJI and they can't afford to risk losing huge amounts of sales, which would most definitely happen if they didn't spread the pain across all their markets.
2018-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-9-20 08:27
'Do you think dji are penalizing Europeans for Mr Trumps spurious tariffs ?'

Short answer is 'yes', any company that is fortunate enough to be able to cushion the tariffs across other markets outside the US will absolutely do so. The US market is to big for DJI and they can't afford to risk losing huge amounts of sales, which would most definitely happen if they didn't spread the pain across all their markets.

Putting up prices was bad enough, and a bit underhanded, but if your going to put up your prices do it by percentage,
Europeans shouldn’t have to pay for mistakes made by a Clown.
2018-9-20
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.3

Wow, there are SO many whiny, entitled people. And so many people complaining about a drone they don't even have because of a bunch of idiot Youtubers who don't know anything about shooting and editing video but feel its important that they spew their ignorant opinions to "save" others from making a terrible "mistake" and buying the Mavic 2 Pro with its "horrible," "deeply flawed" camera.

2018-9-20
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-20 08:32
Putting up prices was bad enough, and a bit underhanded, but if your going to put up your prices do it by percentage,
Europeans shouldn’t have to pay for mistakes made by a Clown.

I guess all is considered fair in love and war. In a way DJI has its own war and I think they consider the European customers as more fortunate, 'willing and able' to pay more then the US customers.

I feel the pain of the tariff effects, weekly, but I'm just willing to pay more for my weekly bottle of Bourbon because basically, I'm able to afford it... (but don't like it off course...)
2018-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Novadesigns Posted at 2018-9-20 10:00
Wow, there are SO many whiny, entitled people. And so many people complaining about a drone they don't even have because of a bunch of idiot Youtubers who don't know anything about shooting and editing video but feel its important that they spew their ignorant opinions to "save" others from making a terrible "mistake" and buying the Mavic 2 Pro with its "horrible," "deeply flawed" camera.

There is one born every minute.
2018-9-20
Use props
slmis
lvl.1

Hey guys.. it's been a whole 10 minutes so I just wanted to mention... Is this Mavic 2 Pro with or without fish-eye hasselblad camera?   HAR HAR HAR I called it a fish-eye Hasselblad for the 80th time guys.... I'm awesome.
2018-9-21
Use props
Anvar Valeyev
lvl.1

United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-19 23:35
I disagree with you. the majority of "soft" videos on YouTube are because:

1. YouTube is heavily compressed. In a iOs device you can only wach 1080p

I do appreciate your response trying to provide argumentative justification from your standpoint, however if you disagree with my point, why would you "report" it?

I don't have an iPhone, however I do have a professional Dell monitor, and it does not take much time to identify clearly soft image issue with a 1500k drone. DJI advertised but did not deliver. Plane simple as that.  
2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-23
Use props
Bobnecat
lvl.1

United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-23 23:18
I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't clicked intentionaly on any "Report" buton, I don't know how this happened, I apologize.

i also opened a thread proving the relation between the Aperture and the Sharpness on th M2P. As I mentioned, f/11 is clearly soft because of diffraction.

No offense taken. That report button does seem like a "reply", at least it is positioned where we would normally expect a reply button to be.

I do appreciate people opening their claims to DJI for not delivering what was advertised. Maybe they will get more sensitive with the issue and weight their options in favor of consumers.
2018-9-24
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-9-18 21:28

We need more folks like yourself on this forum and I'm glad you are enjoying the Mavic 2!

Hi MTC

I really like my new M2P and the only problem I have is the unbalanced gimbal when powered off. DJI told me it was okay, so I have been flying it     

I think DJI needs some pricing space for the new P5P (IMO) it might be in the price range of $1800 - $1999 to hold it above the Mavic series

Rich
2018-9-24
Use props
EMBE
First Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-16 01:04
Hasselblad belongs to DJI ;-)

That's not quite correct - DJI invested money in Hasselbald stocks - so they own a part of it.
2018-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

EMBE Posted at 2018-9-24 21:16
That's not quite correct - DJI invested money in Hasselbald stocks - so they own a part of it.

Yes, the "part" you are referring to is the majority.
2018-9-24
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-24
Use props
rarevfx_official
Second Officer
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

simis Posted at 2018-9-15 04:57
with fish-eye distortion Hasselblad[view_image]

STOP CRYING
2018-9-25
Use props
rarevfx_official
Second Officer
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Lol is this only in the US? The Germany Price didnt rise as far as i know - still the 1499€
2018-9-25
Use props
simis
Captain
Flight distance : 405102 ft
United Kingdom

rarevfx_official Posted at 2018-9-25 03:04
Lol is this only in the US? The Germany Price didnt rise as far as i know - still the 1499€

LoL, wake up! it was 1449 € before
2018-9-25
Use props
EMBE
First Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Right - same here in Germany. I got it für the old price ... but I would also pay the current  price. It's just awesome.
2018-9-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules