Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
To upgrade or not
1390 16 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonboy1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 528097 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all have had my phantom 4 pro now for. Year running brilliantly, have never upgraded so don’t have panerama
Shots etc because of all the horror stories of glitches in upgrades.  I haven’t heard any for awhile so should I upgrade to newest version?

Thanks in advance
2018-9-15
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Must remember jonboy1983,  quite a lot of the posts you read on any forum are from folk with a problem.  Not so many of us start a post with "Hey !  Have a look at how good this is .. .. .." do they.  Most start with "I've got a problem with .. .. .. .. "

So,  what I am getting at is;  for every negative report you read there could be thousands & thousands of good reports that just never get written or posted.
I have done upgrades as they become available & am quite happy to say haven't had a issue.   Maybe I am just lucky.
Good luck anyway - whichever way you decide to go.
Enjoy.

2018-9-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha jonboy,

You should always upgrade to the newest firmware and app versions if you want the best your DJI product can provide.  If you are happy with what you have and you are having no problems, just keep on flying.

Most of the problems you come across on this Forum are due to "User Issues".  These include using a device that is too old or underpowered, mistakes during upgrades and updates and much , much more.  Rarely do we discover that there is a product defect and that is most often with very new products.  Your P4 Pro has been discontinued but is still supported and is a superb performer.  Mine is amazing!

Like Manxmann said, those who are having no problems rarely post how wonderful their DJI products are performing.  This is not to say we do not have problems but it is not hard to solve the problems we do get with DJI products.  Solving those problems is part of the fun of having cutting edge technology at your fingertips.

Solving problems together is also a nice way to bond with people on the other side of the World (says the guy in the middle of the Pacific Ocean).

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What vers are you on - I would recommend upgrading steps rather than a big jump straight to the latest... the latest FW is great no problems here - remember the batteries as well... never had any issues with any update ever!
2018-9-15
Use props
jonboy1983
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not sure to be honest I will look when I get back home it is the version that came out the box November last year
2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got mine December there was 1 update a few days after I got it and then 1 more, so you might have 2 stages/steps to do...thats all
2018-9-15
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

No problem to upgrade, go on.
2018-9-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why fix what ain't broke
2018-9-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-15 06:28
Why fix what ain't broke

+1

I haven't done a FW upgrade yet and my P3P as been perfect from the beginning.

If you're tempted to update the FW on your P3 (or even some other AC if you want some good general info), rather than stumble into the process relatively blind, you might take a careful look at this page which has a lot of great tips which could keep you from having to endure unforseen problems (e.g. using a fan to keep the gimbal cool [i.e. not overheat and interrupt the update] during the process, etc.)  Oso has also added quite a few other general tips for DJI owners who are relatively new to the hobby.  Oso's post is over two years old but he keeps it current and it was just updated this past week.  

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... .87175/#post-901549
2018-9-15
Use props
iamjustjohn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-15 06:28
Why fix what ain't broke

That's usually my mindset too.

What I have been doing so far is monitoring the DJI Forums very closely after a firmware update is released to see what problems are coming up for a specific drone and update. After I "test the waters" per say for a bit I will usually go ahead an update.

Just my mindset on this!
2018-9-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-15 06:59
+1

I haven't done a FW upgrade yet and my P3P as been perfect from the beginning.

Thanks very much for the link
2018-9-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-9-15 07:01
That's usually my mindset too.

What I have been doing so far is monitoring the DJI Forums very closely after a firmware update is released to see what problems are coming up for a specific drone and update. After I "test the waters" per say for a bit I will usually go ahead an update.

Sensible thing to do
2018-9-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Very smart thinking!
2018-9-15
Use props
jonboy1983
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well Im going for it currently installing v 1.05.0600 is that the newest version?
2018-9-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is the latest version - works fine!
2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for the inquiry. I recommend you to upgrade your firmware to the latest version for compatibility and reliability purposes. Please make sure to use a compatible device to your Phantom 4 Pro to avoid any issue. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-9-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Glad it worked out for you.
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules