Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Sensor Issues
1234Next >
23143 132 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-9-15 18:39
Already done and reported by others in RC Groups. Wondering if DJI plans on fixing this...

I think it would be a physical fix so probably not.
2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-23
Use props
Ahrimaan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141975 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well typical chinese reaction ? Not saying anything to this potential Problem ? Ok, i made an ticket in paypal to get a full refund .... Thats typical German ;)
2018-9-24
Use props
fans68308231
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200177 ft
United Kingdom

Ali3N Posted at 2018-9-23 07:29
I've decided to roll the dice kept the Pro in my cart since I really want to fly at night and with the zoom is almost impossible. I just hope they will sharpen the image in the future. Have you tried setting your sharpness in +1?

Yeah, Ive got it set currently at +1,0,0.

Dont get me wrong its not bad, its just not as sharp as the zoom.

Not what I expected after all the hype.
2018-9-24
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
Flight distance : 304744 ft

Definitely overpriced and under delivered.... less features and shooting modes than the original Mavic Pro at the price of  the current P4P.  Where is the value DJI?  
2018-9-24
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2018-9-24 16:46
Definitely overpriced and under delivered.... less features and shooting modes than the original Mavic Pro at the price of  the current P4P.  Where is the value DJI?

Yes, a good point was alluded to early.

A typical lens does not perform well at the extremes of f2.8 or f11.

Generally speaking, most optics have a 'sweet' spot between F4-f5.6.

There you'll usually find the best optical performance.

Therefore, utilize ND filters to dial in the best f-stop and shutter speed.
2018-9-24
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

I look forward to DJI responding to this thread. I notice that it was 10 days ago that they said they would response with an answer. After watching two videos on the quality of the image, I’m rather concerned about the value for money. If I knew that this was going to be an issue, I would’ve looked at a different drone, or delay my purchase for a newer model.

Either way, I look forward to DJI’s response.
2018-9-25
Use props
MickyAurther
New

Pakistan

omparisons matter with regards to the cost, as well: it's detectably more costly. What's more, even with unrivaled 10-bit HDR video, a flexible gap, and an implicit Hyperlapse mode, the charming force behind the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't promise it will sit at the highest point of our best automatons 2018 rundown. It is quite difficult; DJI has DJI to fault.

The new DJI  Mavic 2 Zoom is somewhat less expensive and highlights a 2x optical zoom focal point – it can move from 24mm to a 48mm of every 4K (for a 2x zoom), and reproduce 96mm in Full HD (4x the zoom). It's altogether finished with a motion on your cell phone that sits inside the controller clamshell. The drawback? It utilizes a littler 1/2.3-inch Alactel camera sensor.

DJI simply made your life more troublesome by presenting two convincing automaton decisions in case you're hoping to spend significant money on a purchaser ramble. Every other person with a littler spending plan should look no more distant than the still-astounding DJI Mavic Air, our pick for first-time fliers.
source:  youmobile
2018-9-25
Use props
TheNorthern
Captain
Flight distance : 419134 ft
Norway

2018-9-26
Use props
GCMedia
lvl.1

Good to see but...... using FOV and the touted 1" sensor is horrendous! Such a shame with all of the potential. I really do hope that DJI address this and hopefully come up with a fix. I bought the MP2 on the back of the 1" sensor.
2018-9-26
Use props
Bobnecat
lvl.1

United States

This video by itself is telling nothing as you are not comparing it to anything else with exactly same testing parameters adjusted for lens, there are no benchmarks to make any sort of conclusion.
2018-9-26
Use props
Andrejs
First Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Bobnecat Posted at 2018-9-26 21:28
This video by itself is telling nothing as you are not comparing it to anything else with exactly same testing parameters adjusted for lens, there are no benchmarks to make any sort of conclusion.

There are a lot of same tests on youtube what tells us that FOV blurry. No need to do any other tests. You can see a difference in real life shoots too!
2018-9-26
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-26
Use props
TheNorthern
Captain
Flight distance : 419134 ft

Bobnecat Posted at 2018-9-26 21:28

The point is getting the same results as the video in first post and show how good it is in hq that he left out!!!! Neither him or i have the tools to calibrate for a test like this. But it proves the superior quality in hq
2018-9-26
Use props
Ahrimaan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

https://dronedj.com/2018/09/25/m ... -official-response/
2018-9-26
Use props
Andrejs
First Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-26 23:37
Yeah but you cannot see the smallest numbers in the center at 8000% magnification!

hahaha great video man, people should understand how to shoot and what the M2P really offers before jumping on the drama wagon...

One thing sharpness of image and other thing resolution. Isn't it?
2018-9-27
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-27
Use props
ludde28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1514347 ft
Sweden

+1 on that (1'' sensor bad performance).   Im already bit irritated on the company, that is playing world police with their NFZ, that has nothing to do with "prevent breaking laws", due in some countries it IS permit to fly in some of DJI's NFZ. Put the resource on the drone so it works properly, as we have payed lot of money for it, Not on some NFZ. Put resource on DJI4go so apk dont have compability problems (android), not on some NFZ. Put resource on assitant2 so it works with win8.1, Not on some NFZ. You can have NFZ:s IF they are correct for each country (by law, not what DJI think is not OK to fly).
Waiting for an aswer from DJI, why new 1'' sensor performes so much worse, than P4.
Is DJI bending the truth?
2018-9-27
Use props
Bobnecat
lvl.1

United States

Andrejs Posted at 2018-9-26 22:52
There are a lot of same tests on youtube what tells us that FOV blurry. No need to do any other tests. You can see a difference in real life shoots too!

That is exactly what I am saying. This person posted a video of him filming the chart without any sort of comparison and trying to tell how sharp the image is.
2018-9-27
Use props
Bobnecat
lvl.1

United States

TheNorthern Posted at 2018-9-26 23:50
The point is getting the same results as the video in first post and show how good it is in hq that he left out!!!! Neither him or i have the tools to calibrate for a test like this. But it proves the superior quality in hq

There is no need for sophisticated calibration tools. This test is pretty simple if you understand what it is trying to achieve. Assuming you have exact same conditions for all the devices tested and that you adjust for focal distance (I must say focusing distance) and FOV, you can easily make conclusions based on bench-marking.  

There is no doubt that HQ mode provides more details as it is closer to 1:1 sensor read-out. It also introduces more noise, decreases low light capability and of course cuts significantly the FOV for that matter.

If you are to compare FOV to HQ mode, you will have to adjust the distance of your drone from your testing chart to reach exactly same composition in a frame in both modes.
2018-9-27
Use props
Jeffrey Mapp
New

Barbados

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-15 14:56
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and bringing this up. I will forward this concern to our developer for use to have the feedback and answer about this, Once I have the answer will get back here, Thanks.

is there any word about the sensor as yet, i will be buying one for photography in the next few weeks and i don't want to buy it when i can bet the phantom instead, my problem is that the phantom is to big for me that's why i wanted the mavic pro 2, so looking forward on getting a reply soon.
Thanks
2018-9-28
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-28
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

2018-9-28
Use props
castormalin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

The lens has its own flaws, but the issue here has nothing to see with the lens ...
2018-9-28
Use props
St-even
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114764 ft
Australia

Maybe they should have called it the Mavic 2 Photo. There seems to be lots of confusion as what to expect from this camera/sensor. 4K video only needs 8.3 Mp, so your 20 Mp is going to need some downsizing to fit that format, even the old 12Mp needs a bit. The official response from DJI says they use something called " raw subsampling to downscale the raw 5.5k data to 4K" (20Mp is essentially a 5.5 K sensor), they don't use line skipping or binning.
2018-9-28
Use props
castormalin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

It's basically a binning + Low pass filter
2018-9-29
Use props
Alex G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1366857 ft
  • >>>

I have the Phantom 4 pro and the Mavic 2 pro and I have observed that same problem. I await DJI's response on this matter
2018-10-1
Use props
Meefox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 336260 ft

Guys,
could someone who has both drones to make a similar comparison for photos and FullHD video, please.
2018-10-2
Use props
DownUnderDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

St-even Posted at 2018-9-20 00:03
I find it very hard to believe that they supposedly spent 2 years developing this camera, and then just before the release, they discovered a heat problem. If they are  protecting Phantom 2 sales, well , now with the recent price increase, the Phantom is cheaper, so maybe they will "unlock" the camera to full resolution.

They still selling Phantom 2's ?
2018-10-2
Use props
Jason WAI
First Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

thanks for the detailed explanation.
2018-10-2
Use props
trambakoulas
lvl.1
Greece

The 4K in Mavic 2 pro is very soft...
Please release an update to use the 1 inc sensor.
2018-10-3
Use props
Drshiwas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Austria

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-15 20:17
This guy lost me the moment he showed the resolution chart for the M2P 4K FOV mode, that wasn’t the result of pixel binning or line skipping, that was a focusing issue!

I’ve already seen other videos where the M2P seems to have issues with it’s auto focus like its predecessor, and many people have shown, with video evidence, that setting the focus manually to the infinity point fixes it, and image clarity is restored.

2018-10-3
Use props
Telerick
Second Officer

Wow! DJI advertised the Pro with the 1 inch sensor. That is the reason I bought it. And now it is not even utilizing it fully?! I feel cheated and certainly betrayed. They are basically llying to the consumer and are false advertising it. That is why the drone introduction was probably delayed. And now they just released it in hope no one would find out. I really want to return my drone now....
2018-10-4
Use props
henley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

I'm holding out for a firmware upgrade. They possibly rushed it out and since there's a bunch of features missing at the moment anyway, as well as a few bugs I've picked up in my general usage which just shouldn't have made it through to release. So, I'm hoping they just ran out of time, pushed workable settings out and then will push out the finalised firmware with the sensor being used properly and also the software bugs fixed.

I hope!
2018-10-4
Use props
bkling
lvl.1
Singapore

There is detailed review involve Mavic 1, P4 and Mavic 2 comparison in term of photo, video etc. The reviewer also concluded that under FOV mode, Mavic 2 video quality is not as good as P4. However, this review was done in Chinese. w w w.wrjfpv.com/assessment It is very lengthy review and I have no time to translate it to English. Please use Google.
2018-10-6
Use props
Ahrimaan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

And another Test where you can see that the 4K FOV Mode is only 2,7K ...
Well, DJI lied to us.

@DJI Reply NOW !

2018-10-6
Use props
Meefox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 336260 ft

Guys, I think you are peeping too much.
I found the quality is really decent, just stop comparing it with 1000% zoomed in.
And also look at beautiful night shots!
Check "Miami by Drone in 4K - DJI Mavic 2 Pro" it is amazing and way ahead of Mavic Air or MP1
2018-10-10
Use props
GCMedia
lvl.1

Here is a link Image comparison to some still image comparisons that may give an idea as to the correction that the MP2 is doing. I am not surprised as to all of the questions that have been asked of the NEW HASSELBLAD camera. The distortion is off the charts with a massive crop.
2018-10-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules