Just bought a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+. Nervous!
1308 6 2014-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

This is the first product I bought which I have nervousness, excitement and remorse at the same time! I'm hoping this doesn't become a toy I stop using after a month or two.
2014-11-5
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also have a lot of  "toys" now stored away lol  
2014-11-5
Use props
dieterste36
lvl.2

Germany

3 or 4 day's and you can fly....
2014-11-5
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

Really? That few? How about flying it very well and shooting elegant video?

Also how easy/hard to edit video from this?
2014-11-5
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Editing video will be as good as your talents are as an editor and is little to do with VP2+.  It is as easy as pulling the files onto your PC edit program and getting on with it.  

Assuming your drone isn't beset with the problems outlined here and you can actually get it in the air without it failing, it will shoot very acceptable video images- I use it professionally and while it doesn't come close to the quality of my pro cameras it does give acceptable aerial shots where the shot itself is the hero.  Here are some tips for you:

1.It is not a jet fighter so fly it slow- a gentle fly by looks far better than a manic whizz by!  

2.REMEMBER TO START THE CAMERA BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF. (you will forget in the heat of the excitement!)

3. adjust your camera angle to exclude shooting the props/guards.

4. STOP RECORDING BEFORE YOU TURN THE DRONE OFF. (your shoot will not close properly otherwise and you will have nothing on your SD card. If you do this, you can start up the drone again and it will complete the closer, but if you have gone home and removed the card and batteries etc recovery is not likely.

5. Use the highest frame rate available to you. This will minimise blurring on movement.

6. When taking off initially, give it some stick to get it off the ground quickly to around 3 metres then let it settle to be sure that all sats are locked in.  If you try to lift slowly it willl want to tip backwards because of battery weight.

7. DO NOT descend at full throttle , you can create  a partial air scavenging beneath the drone called a vortex ring and it could crash to the ground.

8. Finally, if you still have control but things are going directionally pear shaped GO UP then get your act together to get it back. It is safer in the air, it is the ground that does the damage!

Have fun and let us know how you get on. But make sure you know the start up and satellite locking procedures as well as compass calibration to your location. You will crash or lose it if you don't follow those very easy but crucial steps.

I hope this is not too patronising and that it gives you a chance to enjoy the bird quickly without tears!
Cheers!
Rod.
2014-11-5
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-11-6 04:46
Editing video will be as good as your talents are as an editor and is little to do with VP2+.  It is ...

Thanks Rod! Great tips!
2014-11-5
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

You're very welcome, we are all here to help each other.  By the way, search this forum for " the ultimate guide" or similar. One of the members has put in a massive amount of effort to produce a manual that puts the DJI one to shame, in fact it should BE the official DJI manual!!
Cheers!
Rod
2014-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules