Mavic Pro 2 and RE Goggles - terrible loss of single
2129 23 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1315404 ft
United Kingdom

I have the Mavic 2 zoom and RE googles - I followed the useful threads on this site and got all software in place and every linked smoothly.. :-)

However when I fly from my garden I get roughly 100m -200m away at the most and I lose all connection (goggles, iphone x and RC).!! If I power off the goggles connection to my phone and RC is restored and I can then fly over 2500m with good signal.

Any ideas?  The goggles are currently and expensive paper weight. :-(
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the issues you had. Have you already update the firmware of your Goggles? It should be v1.0.6.0. Thank you.

2018-9-16
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi - yes, I'm on the latest version of goggles firmware, drone firmware and DJI Go4 app.  Thanks  Paul.
2018-9-16
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've just tried again with just the controller and goggles (no phone) - ~150m is as far as I can go without loss of signal..  Any ideas?
2018-9-16
Use props
Horace Hill
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94921 ft

Hi i. Trying to connect with dji assistant 2 but it wont recognize the goggles.have tried serval times with no success any help i have m2zoom as well i need a walk thru. Ty
2018-9-16
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

Maybe a dumb question but you didnt say ...are you running the Go4 app on your smartphone/tablet while flying with the goggles?
2018-9-16
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! IT IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I have the mavic 2 zoom and I lose signal with the RE goggles at around 1000 m, then i just disconnect the goggles and the signal returns perfectly fine with the controller alone. I have the antenna plugged into the goggles and still it cuts off no matter what. I even took it to an area with no interference, yet still, the DJI Goggles RE lost range with the magic 2 zoom again at around 1km. Anyone with any solutions?
2018-9-17
Use props
fersy.spreephoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46158 ft

the same problem here, disconnect at 400 meters
2018-9-17
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-16 15:21
Maybe a dumb question but you didnt say ...are you running the Go4 app on your smartphone/tablet while flying with the goggles?

I've tried it both with my the goggles, controller and my phone running the Go4 App.
I've also tried it with just the controller and goggles - same result, complete loss of signal.
2018-9-17
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Horace Hill Posted at 2018-9-16 13:34
Hi i. Trying to connect with dji assistant 2 but it wont recognize the goggles.have tried serval times with no success any help i have m2zoom as well i need a walk thru. Ty

Try remove assistant 2 from your PC and reinstall from this link:

https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles-re/info#downloads

2018-9-17
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

I had the same problem.  I use the external pagoda antenna.  I get far more range.  Still less than the remote alone but much better.  
2018-9-20
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I’ve read that elsewhere but seems illogical to me - I’ve tried it anyway and it doesn’t make any difference unfortunately. I just looked more like a Dalek
2018-9-21
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-16 06:29
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the issues you had. Have you already update the firmware of your Goggles? It should be v1.0.6.0. Thank you.

Please add me to your list on this issue Gamora…  

I am also running the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro & RE Goggles, they connect fine, however after flying just 200 feet away from the Goggles the connection drops completely.  

Can you please either offer a step by step set of instructions on how to fix it, or let us know if this is indeed a known issue that will be addressed down the road with a firmware update by DJI.

Thanks
2018-9-22
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3

Mavical Posted at 2018-9-22 12:58
Please add me to your list on this issue Gamora…  

I am also running the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro & RE Goggles, they connect fine, however after flying just 200 feet away from the Goggles the connection drops completely.  

Yes Gamora, I am running v1.0.6.0 ....can you please confirm to the increasing number of us out here if this is a known issue that DJI is looking into, or if it's something else that could be faulty with our RE Goggles and should be returned?

My Mavic 1 Pro and 1st generation white Goggles can easily reach 4-KM ...was looking forward to my new Mavic 2 Pro and RE Goggles being able to at least match that range. Please advise.

Thanks.
2018-9-24
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46083 ft
Australia

hi there you lucky to got your drone back , i was flying my mavic 2 with the white goggles , with the good firmware , but when i lost the connection i also lost the mavic , he crashed on the beach . i was so upset ,
2018-9-24
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-16 06:29

Gamora,

I am running the very latest application versions and device's firmware:

Mavic 2 Pro
- Application version: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.2 / Firmware: V01.00.0000

DJI Goggles RE
- DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 / Firmware: V01.00.0600

To recap the issue that many of us on this forum are experiencing, the Goggles RE edition disconnect from the Mavic 2 Pro after barley a few hundred feet away. I have refreshed at least 3 times and still have the same poor distance results.

Can you please officially tell us if this is a known issue and that DJI is working in it… or if we should return our Goggles for replacements? Please advise.

Thank you.
2018-9-26
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

An update on my issue- all my initial testing with problems was in an urban area with wifi/interference etc.  I retested well away from any interference and the problem DOESN'T appear.  I'm wildly guessing here but in areas of high interference the Occusync 2 switching channels function ends up conflicting/confusing the goggles/controller.

If anybody is interested I've got a screen recording video from my phone which demonstrate the urban issue quite well.. i.e. with goggles on ALL connection is impacted/lost at short range - as soon as goggles are powered off the connection/signal strength to controller is restored and the flight can continue.
2018-9-28
Use props
HCL
lvl.2
Germany

Mavical Posted at 2018-9-26 17:09
Gamora,

I am running the very latest application versions and device's firmware:

Where did you get DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.2 as the current version on there Website is 2.0.0.8
And why do you have an older version for the goggles. I thought the Assistant App is universal.
I have the same problem with connecting my goggles to the Assistant App ... it just doesn't recognize them. Different USB-Cables (including the original) different USB-Ports and no Firewall or Anti-Virus Software

SOLVED: Just used v1.2.4 for connecting. But i still don't understand why the newer version doesn't work.
2018-9-29
Use props
REMOVE DC NFZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 942671 ft
United States

Maybe i'm missing something here but isn't the M2 drones series switches from 2.4G to 5.8G? for the best signal...I don't remember the older dji goggles supporting 2.4 and 5.8G?..... this be the problem?  
2018-10-2
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have been experiencing the same issue with the RE goggles causing limited range with my Mavic zoom.  I had the same issue with my Phantom pro V2 when it 1st came out.  A Phantom firmware update finally fixed it.  Hopefully a Mavic zoom/pro v2 firmware will fix it.  I did try switching the mavic zoom to 2.4Gz and the range was back to acceptable range. As soon as I switched the zoom back to Dual auto channel the range dropped back it poor distance again.  Hopefully DJI only needs to tune the Mavic zoom/pro v2 transmitter.
2018-10-8
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

lt_photographer Posted at 2018-9-24 21:56
hi there you lucky to got your drone back , i was flying my mavic 2 with the white goggles , with the good firmware , but when i lost the connection i also lost the mavic , he crashed on the beach . i was so upset ,

This is what I'm concerned my drone will do. I'm now to scared to fly the M2P with the Goggles.

I purchased my M2 specifically for FPV.
2018-10-12
Use props
Jesnissen
New
Flight distance : 528596 ft
Netherlands

Same problem here, barely 100mtrs, all on the newest firmware. DJI are you working on this or shall i return the goggles RE? Indeed, please ADVISE!
2018-10-12
Use props
AwesomerDean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1379898 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Goggles RE (Black) and have nothing but trouble with them. I've tried all modes (Duel/5.8/2.4) and get a max of around the 600m mark at 80m high. I also have Mavic Pro with the white goggles and don't have any issues with them at all, so at first I didn't even consider the goggles as my problem until I got so annoyed last flight that I was starting to pack up and powered down my goggles and tried to run down the battery a bit more when I noticed I was at 1000m and still at full signal, kept going till 3000m mark and returned without issue.  What the hell is wrong with this thing? All latest firmware and apps and still a POS
2018-10-14
Use props
AirStrider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388865 ft
Puerto Rico

I bought M2Z & goggle RE combo and soon realized the goggle lost single at around 400m, and I didn't even notice there was no home point set. Also, smooth mode cannot be selected at all. Plus, if you fly with only your goggle and without a phone, the timestamps on videos and photos are totally wrong. Firmware on both M2Z and goggle, DJI assitant 2, DJI Go 4 all are the latest, please trust me on that as I am a software engineer.

These are some major flaws, how couldn't DJI find the issues before the release?

This is unacceptable and very disappointing!

2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules