RE Goggle Accessories Necessary
634 4 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

I know practically nothing about the DJI Goggles.

When ordering the Racing Edition, I noticed some optional accessories listed. (see below)

Are any of these particular items really essential and in your experience...why?

I'm using them for a better visual experience...not for FPV or any kind of racing.

*pagoda antenna
*reversed SMA connector
*micro-usb OTG cable
*hdmi (typeA/C) adaptors

Thanks!

2018-9-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

These come with the goggles, the antennas are for racing only. The hdmi cable is for watching movies, OTG cable is for charging.
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. The Pagoda Antenna (SMA interface) is a 5.8 GHz Left Hand Circular Polarized (LHCP) omnidirectional antenna, which can be connected to Goggles RE's SMA interface to obtain better signal reception by working with the built-in antennas and the reversed SMA connector is used for Pagoda Antenna as well. Micro-USB is for charging the Goggles RE and the HDMI is for live view purposes. Please let us know if you have other concern. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-24
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-24 09:38
Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. The Pagoda Antenna (SMA interface) is a 5.8 GHz Left Hand Circular Polarized (LHCP) omnidirectional antenna, which can be connected to Goggles RE's SMA interface to obtain better signal reception by working with the built-in antennas and the reversed SMA connector is used for Pagoda Antenna as well. Micro-USB is for charging the Goggles RE and the HDMI is for live view purposes. Please let us know if you have other concern. Thank you for the support.

Tony, I read where people have had better distance by using the Pagoda Antenna.

Yet I don't believe it is recommended unless you're flying FPV with a third party/DYI drone and using the DJI's standalone OTG system.

What's your opinion?
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-24 10:11
Tony, I read where people have had better distance by using the Pagoda Antenna.

Yet I don't believe it is recommended unless you're flying FPV with a third party/DYI drone and using the DJI's standalone OTG system.

Hi, Thanks for the response, this antenna is only available with 5.8 GHz it will only affect the image transmission, not the distance whilst flying the drone.
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules