What do before sell drone?
25269 15 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andicot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1137044 ft
Italy

What need to do before sell the drone with the drone and the app?
2018-9-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're selling your mobile device with your drone, then uninstall DJI GO to remove all personal data it stores. If you're not selling your mobile device, then there's nothing to do since all of the data is saved locally.

For the drone, you can either remove the memory card (if you're not selling it with the drone) or format it in DJI GO (if you're selling it with the drone).

The new owner will need to create a DJI account, log into DJI GO, and fly.
2018-9-16
Use props
Andicot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1137044 ft
Italy

Thank's msinger, I sell only the drone.
2018-9-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ensure you get the money before shipping it!
2018-9-16
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Nothing special really needs to be made.
Just sell it

Fly safe all
Alex
2018-9-16
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't sell it, keep it.
2018-9-16
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

If you want to be really nice, make sure all updates have been done for the new buyer, since there's a chance she or he may be brand new to flying drones and will experience all the frustrations we have gone through trying to get a new drone ready to fly.
2018-9-17
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Nancy SEO Posted at 2018-9-17 01:30
If you want to be really nice, make sure all updates have been done for the new buyer, since there's a chance she or he may be brand new to flying drones and will experience all the frustrations we have gone through trying to get a new drone ready to fly.

That’s a really nice advice!

Fly safe all
Alex
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now that's a gentleman
2018-9-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
If you have decided to sell your drone, it is always up to you but I could offer these items to consider.

1) Make Bill of Sale showing your drone serial numbers and the date of sale.
2) photos of your drones condition at the time of sale
3) List everything you are selling so there is no confusion what is included in your deal.
4) Make sure you remove your personal information from the drone,  such as FAA, or Country License numbers

Hope this helps you

Rich
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly provide the proof of purchase, DJI Care service agreement number (if available), remove SD card (if you are not planning to sell), Hope this helps.
2018-9-24
Use props
djiuser_AsB63DYP79Kp
lvl.1

United States

Good point Nancy.
2019-8-9
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could delete the flight data on the drone, but that'd be overkill, unless you really didn't want the buyer finding your address or your flying habits :p
2019-8-9
Use props
Peaches18
lvl.2

Canada

Good thread! Following...
2019-8-9
Use props
zac.lostpeakmedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73750 ft

There's not a lot you actually have to do, but here's a helpful article on all of the things that will make selling your drone easy. Good luck! http://bit.ly/2V5xDT4
2019-9-20
Use props
djiuser_OjVtwZgSh16g
New

Denmark

Thanks for this post. I updated the drone, as Said earlier - as a gentleman, and wrapped it nicely and Secure for the new owner. Then, when all was packed, i wondered if i had to do anything. This was really helpful! Now i Can send it with confidence.
2021-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules