Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android 8.0 cant connect to the drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeastMaster_101
First Officer
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Hey guys, so I upgraded the android version of my LG G5 from 7.0 to 8.0 a few days ago and today I biked for like 13km to shoot some footage at a nice lake and I never got any connection between the controller and my phone. The Controller however was connected to the drone and I could control everything no problem except I had 0 telemetry, 0 video, nothing on my phone. I restarted the app, the drone and the controller multiple times but nothing... I tried re downloading the app, making sure usb debugging is on, tried a diffrent cable but nothing worked. So I biked back home and tried it with my tablet which is a LG G Pad III 8.0" running android 6.0 and it was perfectly fine.
Do you guys think I can fix this or mess around with the settings until I get it to work on my phone or do I have to bring my tablet everywhere I fly now?
I appreciate all the help!
2018-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about your messed up bike ride, to the lake and not getting to record the footage you expected to.

Even though the tablet is older, doesn’t mean the newer device will be suitable, or ever work as expected,

Yes, you may need to enjoy the larger screen... ;-)
Be happy you have a device that works well, for you.

RedHotPoker

2018-9-16
Use props
BeastMaster_101
First Officer
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-16 18:53
Sorry to read about your messed up bike ride, to the lake and not getting to record the footage you expected to.

Even though the tablet is older, doesn’t mean the newer device will be suitable, or ever work as expected,

ya i was thinking i needed a larger screen too. but the "this app may not be compatible with your device" message on the play store kept me away. We'll see. thanks for the comment!
2018-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-9-16 19:26
ya i was thinking i needed a larger screen too. but the "this app may not be compatible with your device" message on the play store kept me away. We'll see. thanks for the comment!

Have you checked the DJI approved device list already?

Not that this is the best choices. . .

RedHotPoker

2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules