How To Fix M2P Lens Distortion 100%!!! No Plugin.
1320 17 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Latvia

When price is up and hype is over I asked support how to fix lens distortion and surprisingly got different response. Nothing like "U fix it in the post"

xxx.png
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting to see
2018-9-17
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

I appreciate the efforts that this board's admins put into their job, I really do, but I have a question. I hope this doesn't come off as racist, culturist, xenophobic, or any other buzzword that makes me look like a redneck (which I'm not). With so much of Dji's business being in English speaking countries, why don't they hire more employees where English is their first language? Much of the confusion and frustration that customers experience is due to a language barrier. This is particularly true here on these forums which are primarily in English and when English speakers contact customer support.
2018-9-17
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

But there is nowhere mentioned that they have different hw of camera which will fix this issue I do not believe that.
2018-9-17
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Latvia

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-17 03:48
But there is nowhere mentioned that they have different hw of camera which will fix this issue I do not believe that.

There is nowhere mentioned that you need to fix lens distortion in post ether....
2018-9-17
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft

lens distortion in very high quality modes is a common thing for cameras. a lot of cameras distort the image without specific mentioning this to the customers. interesting that most users seem to underestimate the amount of processing power needed to do that stuff in realtime, especially when the datastream gets huge. lucky for users the distortion is only in modes that need postproduction anyhow. you should return your unit if your not satisfied and buy something you are happy with. i guess this is just a hardware limitation, else dji would've straightened the footage on the aircraft as they do in most modes on most of their products.

i guess the chatlog in the op is just a support schmuck who did not know better yet, also some people just expect way too much.
2018-9-17
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Latvia

spookster Posted at 2018-9-17 04:11
lens distortion in very high quality modes is a common thing for cameras. a lot of cameras distort the image without specific mentioning this to the customers. interesting that most users seem to underestimate the amount of processing power needed to do that stuff in realtime, especially when the datastream gets huge. lucky for users the distortion is only in modes that need postproduction anyhow. you should return your unit if your not satisfied and buy something you are happy with. i guess this is just a hardware limitation, else dji would've straightened the footage on the aircraft as they do in most modes on most of their products.

i guess the chatlog in the op is just a support schmuck who did not know better yet, also some people just expect way to much.

If you are happy with your defective camera who can't handle distortion fix on board Good Luck and Happy Flying! I'm NOT
2018-9-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

What is it with Format SD card?!?!  

How many different problems, across Mavic line, involve possible solution of Format SD card?

If issues with Format of SD card is such that it can cause all sorts of different problems, why doesn't DJI put in checks of SD card or fix code to where issue with Format of SD card does not cause problems?
2018-9-17
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-9-17 04:11
lens distortion in very high quality modes is a common thing for cameras. a lot of cameras distort the image without specific mentioning this to the customers. interesting that most users seem to underestimate the amount of processing power needed to do that stuff in realtime, especially when the datastream gets huge. lucky for users the distortion is only in modes that need postproduction anyhow. you should return your unit if your not satisfied and buy something you are happy with. i guess this is just a hardware limitation, else dji would've straightened the footage on the aircraft as they do in most modes on most of their products.

i guess the chatlog in the op is just a support schmuck who did not know better yet, also some people just expect way too much.

OP called it defective and I LOL'd so hard this morning.
2018-9-17
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-17 04:22
What is it with Format SD card?!?!  

How many different problems, across Mavic line, involve possible solution of Format SD card?

It has become the new default "answer" instead of saying, "reboot your machine."
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. The videos shot in DLOG-M and HLG modes on the Mavic 2 Pro cannot be corrected for distortion in the camera but can be edited it in post-processing with the image editing software.

All major post-processing software support post-distortion correction. If you want to shoot without noticeable distortion, we recommended using the normal color mode for video capture.
2018-9-17
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Latvia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-17 08:38
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. The videos shot in DLOG-M and HLG modes on the Mavic 2 Pro cannot be corrected for distortion in the camera but can be edited it in post-processing with the image editing software.

All major post-processing software support post-distortion correction. If you want to shoot without noticeable distortion, we recommended using the normal color mode for video capture.

Dear Wanda, Please point me where it is mentioned!
2018-9-17
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

It doesn’t state it, anywhere. Probably why you won’t get a response.

My GH5 doesn’t come with lens distortion issue. So for them to say, must camera do. Is kinda BS. If I had known from the start that the M2P had this issue believe me. I would not have purchased.

Why would I want to add more work in post!?
2018-9-17
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Latvia

BIGDZ Posted at 2018-9-17 09:11
It doesn’t state it, anywhere. Probably why you won’t get a response.

My GH5 doesn’t come with lens distortion issue. So for them to say, must camera do. Is kinda BS. If I had known from the start that the M2P had this issue believe me. I would not have purchased.

The funny thing is, today I asked support specially regarding 4K DLOG-M 10bit profile and uploaded video sample with distortion and got this response. Smells like something is rotting....
2018-9-17
Use props
ygrabo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543097 ft
United Kingdom

It is just that the people from the support don't have a clue of what is going on.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi simis, we apologize for the wrong guidance and explanation from our support team, did you contact our support via the same Forum email account? If yes, we will escalate the issue to the management department to verify the chat records and empathize this to the whole team to keep improving our customer service.
Currently, the 10bits video cannot complete distortion correction in the aircraft directly because of the hardware limitation, we will make it clear in the user manual soon, it is recommended to correct the distortion with the third party software, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-17
Use props
simᴉs
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-17 19:07
Hi simis, we apologize for the wrong guidance and explanation from our support team, did you contact our support via the same Forum email account? If yes, we will escalate the issue to the management department to verify the chat records and empathize this to the whole team to keep improving our customer service.
Currently, the 10bits video cannot complete distortion correction in the aircraft directly because of the hardware limitation, we will make it clear in the user manual soon, it is recommended to correct the distortion with the third party software, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I actually just made all of that up in Adobe Photoshop. I wanted to make DJI look bad by making up false data because nothing else supported my claims. Plus I need something to complain about. I'm sorry DJI Mindy.. That was bad of me.
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

simᴉs Posted at 2018-9-21 11:16
I actually just made all of that up in Adobe Photoshop. I wanted to make DJI look bad by making up false data because nothing else supported my claims. Plus I need something to complain about. I'm sorry DJI Mindy.. That was bad of me.

Hi simᴉs, I understand your point and very sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you provide us the email address when you contacted our support? We'll forward to the designated team for investigation and learning.
2018-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules