Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LOST Mini searchlight fromP4 at night
1836 19 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

So i was doing a bit of night flying just around my property this past Sat 15th . I put on a set of LED low noise blades and these new search light flashlite things i just got that go in the very ends of the arms next to the ESC (motors) anyway a did not turn on the search lights .. Just wanted to wow my grand kids so up and around my Orchard i went .. I went hundreds of yard out and around every part of my property and had even crossed over a bit in my neighbors Orchard as well. I flew around for all of 25 mins around and around and back and forth ... and when my battery said enough i returned home only to have lost one of the 2 little black search lights ... Dam the bad luck... I was very upset... Next morning i decided to go walk around ...well theres a lot of leaves and stuff everywhere and gave up.. went home and looked at the flight path i did and took the ipad and off i went again .. almost 3 hours of walking .. up and down and all around. I did find a broken water line that was causing some flooding so that was a good thing and was just looking around one more time before calling it quits... There it was laying right at a trunk of a tree. Can you believe it i actually found this 3 inch long a little fater then a pencil black flashlite.. Freaking amazing ... Needle in a hay stack.. I didnt want to spend another $30 bucks .. nor did my wife. lol ! So thats my story on what i did on my Birthday this past sunday ! Please enjoy your flight !
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for sharing some of your experience when flying your Aircraft and nice to hear that you're able to find it. fly safely. Cheers!
2018-9-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@HarleyGuy55, You really need to attach a much better LED system,  like Lume Cubes to your drone, with appropriate mounts included.
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html

Several of the forum members here, including you, have tried to reduce costs by purchasing cheaper unreliable lights, that often-never seem to perform as expected.
How were you attaching your flashlights? Elastic bands I bet...

You’re flying a top notch drone, why not give her the appropriate gifts she deserves? Haha
Light her up...

RedHotPoker
2018-9-17
Use props
ATJ
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-17 09:33
@HarleyGuy55, You really need to attach a much better LED system,  like Lume Cubes to your drone, with appropriate mounts included.

And people say there's no God
2018-9-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ATJ Posted at 2018-9-17 12:33
And people say there's no God

I pray we all have a great day.
That’s as far ahead as we can expect.

If tomorrow is granted, I want it to be an even better day than today.

Our history tells us.
35FFA131-F15E-41BF-9F48-203733311F2E.jpeg

There are probably many or several Gods.

RedHotPoker

2018-9-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Happy Birthday...
B85E1242-9E33-44B3-936D-CEC653610282.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-9-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha HarleyGuy,

Happy Birthday a day late!  Looks like you got your present!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-17
Use props
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-9-17 22:28
Aloha HarleyGuy,

Happy Birthday a day late!  Looks like you got your present!

LOL ! Thank you and yes in a way i did get a gift.. Have a wonderful day !
2018-9-18
Use props
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-17 09:33

The ones i got attach to the very ends of the arms/wings if you may. they slide into the little spot where those plastic clear pieces come out like if you were going to put blade guards on or bumpers.lol ! Anyway those cubes are a good chunk of money and your right why buy cheap stuff for spendy bird. Kind of like putting stock steel rims on a vet,,lol. But it was kind of a test and i work for a living and my financial adviser (wife) says i've spent way to much money already...lol.. little does she know..lol ! Anyway I'm going to keep my eye out for some better spot lites or search lites and save up... But it was still way awesome being able to find that one little black 3inch long light in 35 acres of cherry trees and freshly plowed field. Needle in a haystack comes to mind... But that find is a testament to the GPS path route that the go 4 app uses. or dji whatever one....  Today i'm trying the blocking of the AC so i can fly in my warehouse .. I'm tired of fighting with DJI and waiting and waiting for them or FAA to help... Thank you all that helped and wished me a happy birthday... I should have taken some pics of this past sunday because i had 25 biker guys singing happy birthday to me .. It was a moment for the books... Made me smile...
2018-9-18
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-18 03:02
The ones i got attach to the very ends of the arms/wings if you may. they slide into the little spot where those plastic clear pieces come out like if you were going to put blade guards on or bumpers.lol ! Anyway those cubes are a good chunk of money and your right why buy cheap stuff for spendy bird. Kind of like putting stock steel rims on a vet,,lol. But it was kind of a test and i work for a living and my financial adviser (wife) says i've spent way to much money already...lol.. little does she know..lol ! Anyway I'm going to keep my eye out for some better spot lites or search lites and save up... But it was still way awesome being able to find that one little black 3inch long light in 35 acres of cherry trees and freshly plowed field. Needle in a haystack comes to mind... But that find is a testament to the GPS path route that the go 4 app uses. or dji whatever one....  Today i'm trying the blocking of the AC so i can fly in my warehouse .. I'm tired of fighting with DJI and waiting and waiting for them or FAA to help... Thank you all that helped and wished me a happy birthday... I should have taken some pics of this past sunday because i had 25 biker guys singing happy birthday to me .. It was a moment for the books... Made me smile...

Happy day for you .. order Lume CubeS TO sANTA  
2018-9-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-18 03:02
The ones i got attach to the very ends of the arms/wings if you may. they slide into the little spot where those plastic clear pieces come out like if you were going to put blade guards on or bumpers.lol ! Anyway those cubes are a good chunk of money and your right why buy cheap stuff for spendy bird. Kind of like putting stock steel rims on a vet,,lol. But it was kind of a test and i work for a living and my financial adviser (wife) says i've spent way to much money already...lol.. little does she know..lol ! Anyway I'm going to keep my eye out for some better spot lites or search lites and save up... But it was still way awesome being able to find that one little black 3inch long light in 35 acres of cherry trees and freshly plowed field. Needle in a haystack comes to mind... But that find is a testament to the GPS path route that the go 4 app uses. or dji whatever one....  Today i'm trying the blocking of the AC so i can fly in my warehouse .. I'm tired of fighting with DJI and waiting and waiting for them or FAA to help... Thank you all that helped and wished me a happy birthday... I should have taken some pics of this past sunday because i had 25 biker guys singing happy birthday to me .. It was a moment for the books... Made me smile...

Aloha HarleyGuy,

Have you tried to put your device in Airplane Mode and putting the aircraft in ATTI?  You can also disable the Geofencing in the App.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-18
Use props
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-9-18 12:01
Aloha HarleyGuy,

Have you tried to put your device in Airplane Mode and putting the aircraft in ATTI?  You can also disable the Geofencing in the App.

No i have not tried that... I did however mess with the idea of blocking the AC gps signal with a soda can cut down and folded over itself and taped to the ac. But still did not help... But i may not have had the aluminum in the right place or perfectly attached.. I'm going to install said signal blockage at home before i come to work tomorrow and see it that helps and if not i'll give your idea a run... Thank you very much for your thoughts! ... The guy in the video made it look so easy !
2018-9-18
Use props
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-9-18 12:01
Aloha HarleyGuy,

No i have not tried that.. Thanks i will give it a run... Have a awesome day . And as you so well put it... Drone on!
2018-9-19
Use props
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-9-18 08:56
Happy day for you .. order Lume CubeS TO sANTA

Those lume cubes are very spendy .. but it looks like they work very well. I’ll get me some later on down the road... I’ve already started saving my pennies and nickels.. thank you!
2018-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-21 09:16
Those lime cubes are very speedy.. but it looks like they work very well. I’ll get me some later on down the road... I’ve already started saving my pennies and nickels.. thank you!

They are not “spendy” & when you eventually try them, you will understand.
Believing, will be when you see the quality, and look into the Bluetooth app that controls all the various and numerous parameters.

Quality costs money. Like your priceless drone.

My Quiver’s full of Easton FMJ... Just ask the Mathews Switchback LD... ha

RedHotPoker
2018-9-21
Use props
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-21 09:31
They are not “spendy” & when you eventually try them, you will understand.
Believing, will be when you see the quality, and look into the Bluetooth app that controls all the various and numerous parameters.

Well besides not being able to spell what I’m trying to say... spendy instead of speedy and lume instead lime... it’s hell getting old.. not really the only thing about getting old .. well there’s 2 things first is I don’t like the idea I’ve only got 20 or 30 years left with my honey and second is now when I fall down it takes way to long to get back up.. hopefully someone will walk by soon and help me....lmao... and those cubes are $179.00 bucks that I’ve seen... but your right quality cost money... absolutely right... Thanks again Mr.Redhotpoker dude guy man.... lol ! Have a wonderful weekend . Ttul
2018-9-21
Use props
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer

Given all the money I’ve spent in the last 3 months on this hobby.... No they are not spendy ... your 100% right but it’s hard to drop 2 bills on something ya just don’t need this minute . But I’ll find a reason to justify the money somehow. Lol! Ttul.
2018-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-21 18:27
Given all the money I’ve spent in the last 3 months on this hobby.... No they are not spendy ... your 100% right but it’s hard to drop 2 bills on something ya just don’t need this minute . But I’ll find a reason to justify the money somehow. Lol! Ttul.

My only reasoning in the beginning was regaining my VLOS distance, during the brightest daylight flights.

I could safely look down at my RC and iPad screen to make adjustments or check my location on the map,

Looking back up, finding my drone easily, with the sparkling Lume Cubes twinkling like stars, while in one of their half a dozen strobe modes.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-21
Use props
Aussierob78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does the extra weight of the lume cube impact on flight time much?
2018-9-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aussierob78 Posted at 2018-9-25 20:21
Does the extra weight of the lume cube impact on flight time much?

No, nothing that’s a concern.

Their benefits far outweigh their weight.  Haha
One Lume Cube weighs 3.5 ounces.

RedHotPoker

2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules