4487 48 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys....my first impressions of the Mavic 2 PRO.  Tons of information and I did 'edit' the video down quite a bit from what I originally had.  Tons of information to cover but hard to get it all in with just a single video.  I have some good comparison information in this video as well which might save you some reading.  

I'm hearing DJI may have updated the 'pricing' as well but as of today (9/17/18) I don't see it reflected on the DJI Store yet (so may be forthcoming).  Keep that in mind when looking at my pricing sheet in the video.  Let me know your thoughts.....Yes, the wife says I need to talk less.  

2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate sharing your thoughts about our new product. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-17 05:41
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate sharing your thoughts about our new product. Have a safe flight always.

Anytime.....thanks for saying hello.  
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very informative vid - thanks for sharing   
2018-9-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 07:01
Very informative vid - thanks for sharing

Appreciate that....tried to shorten it (noticed it was running a bit long).  
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-9-17 07:05
Appreciate that....tried to shorten it (noticed it was running a bit long).

Illustrative vids should take as long as is needed - quite different to visual drone vids
2018-9-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I wasn't impressed with the default sensitivity settings, it comes default for an ogre. After you adjust those it's decent. Stick still seems a bit more sensitive when filming slow scenes compared to m1 on litchie too. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Nice review! If you think the 2 pro is quiet, you should see the m1 with quiet carbon props. They still both loud in sport
2018-9-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 07:06
Illustrative vids should take as long as is needed - quite different to visual drone vids

Thanks...but when my wife 'proofs' my video before I upload, I can tell I'm losing her.  I figure she's a good gauge of the average person watching.  
2018-9-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-17 07:48
I wasn't impressed with the default sensitivity settings, it comes default for an ogre. After you adjust those it's decent. Stick still seems a bit more sensitive when filming slow scenes compared to m1 on litchie too. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Nice review! If you think the 2 pro is quiet, you should see the m1 with quiet carbon props. They still both loud in sport

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to put the quieter props on the M2Pro yet.  The ones that come with the 'Fly More' pack.  Should reduce the noise even further.  Yeah, still a lot of tweaking to do for everyone's personal preference.   
2018-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-9-17 08:00
Yeah, I didn't get a chance to put the quieter props on the M2Pro yet.  The ones that come with the 'Fly More' pack.  Should reduce the noise even further.  Yeah, still a lot of tweaking to do for everyone's personal preference.

The props that come with the Fly More Kit are exactly the same. And now I look forward to watching your review! :-)
2018-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Great review, thank you very much! But honestly, did I hear the word "Pumpkin" in the beginning of the video? Shame on you but give my best regards to her! ;-)
2018-9-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-17 08:56
Great review, thank you very much! But honestly, did I hear the word "umpkin" in the beginning of the video? Shame on you but give my best regards to her! ;-)

Yep, &aposumpkin'.....she like that.  
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-9-17 07:58
Thanks...but when my wife 'proofs' my video before I upload, I can tell I'm losing her.  I figure she's a good gauge of the average person watching.

I'd lose my wife in 10 seconds watching anything to do with drones LOL
2018-9-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 10:46
I'd lose my wife in 10 seconds watching anything to do with drones LOL

I'm lucky in that respect.  My wife's very open and supportive to the things I enjoy doing.  
2018-9-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-9-18 06:59
I'm lucky in that respect.  My wife's very open and supportive to the things I enjoy doing.

Mine is also supportive to be fair just not interested in drones lol
2018-9-18
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

I don't know if you should; but I did!
2018-9-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 2018-9-18 15:50
I don't know if you should; but I did!

Nice...enjoy!  Lots of features to play around with.  
2018-9-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Good vid. By the way, you will not see great depth of field with such a tiny sensor (yes 1" is still tiny) and by f/8 diffraction kicks-in. Also I saw great difference in sharpness between f/2.8 (sharp),  f/4 (best), f/5.6 (very good), f/8 to f/11 (soft)
2018-9-19
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-19 03:10
Good vid. By the way, you will not see great depth of field with such a tiny sensor (yes 1" is still tiny) and by f/8 diffraction kicks-in. Also I saw great difference in sharpness between f/2.8 (sharp),  f/4 (best), f/5.6 (very good), f/8 to f/11 (soft)

Thanks for the heads up.  I've been looking for that 'sweet-spot'.  
2018-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-9-19 04:50
Thanks for the heads up.  I've been looking for that 'sweet-spot'.

You're welcome, have fun!
2018-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-9-21
Use props
eduwinner
lvl.1

Spain

I think it is a fantastic aircraft, it worth it
2018-9-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Great Info !!
2018-9-21
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great review, informative and well put across. Well done indeed.
2018-9-21
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-21 08:59
Great review, informative and well put across. Well done indeed.

I appreciate that...thank you!  Enjoy your Friday!  
2018-9-21
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing, really informative
2018-9-21
Use props
Daily
New

India

hello. this is an amazing website
2018-9-22
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>

Hi - I am no expert at YouTube in anyway shape or form - the only feedback would offer is maybe no need to give the specs as people can look these up also what mic are you using indoors as it has a bit of and echo you might want to try this one form RODE [url]https://amzn.to/2PY8iqq[/url]  you have alot of content in here which is good and could have been split into 2 or 3 separate films here is one of mine if you are interested
2018-9-23
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>

Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-23 07:09
Hi - I am no expert at YouTube in anyway shape or form - the only feedback would offer is maybe no need to give the specs as people can look these up also what mic are you using indoors as it has a bit of and echo you might want to try this one form RODE  https://amzn.to/2PY8iqq[/url]  you have alot of content in here which is good and could have been split into 2 or 3 separate films here is one of mine if you are interested https://youtu.be/02nOeQf_rIM

PS Like your channel as well so just subbed it
2018-9-23
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Interesting
2018-9-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-23 07:11
PS Like your channel as well so just subbed it

Thank you!  I appreciate the support.  
2018-9-23
Use props
Keverino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95423 ft

Still not sure if the Mavic 2 is for me, idk if i should look into a phantom, wait for a new phantom/drone, or get something like an inspire.
2018-9-23
Use props
djiuser_bSJPMeCCOzkh
New

Nigeria

Soft Tech Geeks is a Chinese discret organisation of computer experts. We stay discrete in order to protect the identity of our clients from FEDs and general public.
we offer computer science services such as:
*Programming
*Software coding
*Changing Identity
*Cyber attacks
*Grades Changing
*Credit score upgrading
*Breaking into Organisations, Companies to sniff, delete or change documents
*Cloning of devices
*Hacking(emails,social media accounts,phone and Computer hacks)
   We understand that there have been lots of scam online which we are currently helping in taking them down.
A trial will convince you
Contact us at Softtechgeeks@gmail.com to more info.
2018-9-24
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-23 07:09
Hi - I am no expert at YouTube in anyway shape or form - the only feedback would offer is maybe no need to give the specs as people can look these up also what mic are you using indoors as it has a bit of and echo you might want to try this one form RODE  https://amzn.to/2PY8iqq[/url]  you have alot of content in here which is good and could have been split into 2 or 3 separate films here is one of mine if you are interested https://youtu.be/02nOeQf_rIM

All good.  None of us are experts on YouTube.  Just posting stuff I enjoy and hopefully it gives some tips/insight to others.  Each video created I learn a little more...trial and error.  Thanks for the feedback.  

Yeah, probably could have split this up a bit but so much to cover and this video is just the tip of the iceberg.  This drone is packed with features...haven't even come close to testing them all yet.

2018-9-24
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keverino Posted at 2018-9-23 22:07
Still not sure if the Mavic 2 is for me, idk if i should look into a phantom, wait for a new phantom/drone, or get something like an inspire.

Don't rush to a decision.  So many features in these drones.  Only you know what you need or will uses.  Gotta buy based on what your needs are.  Though new toys are fun too!  
2018-9-24
Use props
Keverino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95423 ft

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-9-24 05:15
Don't rush to a decision.  So many features in these drones.  Only you know what you need or will uses.  Gotta buy based on what your needs are.  Though new toys are fun too!

True im just not sure, i already have a mavic pro and like the portability of it however portaibility is not a problem if the phantom is gonna give better quality. From what ive been seeing there is a big hubbub about the 1 inch sensor not being used to its fullest so maybe the p4p would be better to get? (sorry i replied to long i cant make my own posts asking for advice)
2018-9-24
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Yes, there seems to be an issue with the M2P not using its full sensor, however the P4P does. It has better video and photo performance. But is that worth for you to change? I wouldn't swap your MP for a P4P just for a slight increase in quality.
2018-9-24
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keverino Posted at 2018-9-24 18:49
True im just not sure, i already have a mavic pro and like the portability of it however portaibility is not a problem if the phantom is gonna give better quality. From what ive been seeing there is a big hubbub about the 1 inch sensor not being used to its fullest so maybe the p4p would be better to get? (sorry i replied to long i cant make my own posts asking for advice)

Yeah, portability is one of my top priorities.  If I can't easily have it with me when I'm running out the door...we'll, it's just not going to get used.  The smaller form factor drones are right up my alley.  

If I ever get to the point where I'm doing things more professionally and able to travel to more remote and secluded places than I would want the best camera over size.  For now, much of what I shoot is near parks, beaches, etc. and drawing a crowd is not what I want when I'm trying to dial in all my settings.
2018-9-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Great video thanks for sharing  
2018-9-27
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-9-27 07:01
Great video thanks for sharing

Glad it was helpful.  Thanks for the feedback.  
2018-9-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules