question about selling my drone
1093 12 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NicoNic
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

i will sell my old mavic. Must i de-register some SN number ?  

Because if the new owner makes a crash, it is not my responsibility. ?

2018-9-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you mean de-register it with DJI? If so, that's not possible.

It's not really an issue anyhow since the new owner will be logged into DJI GO with their own DJI account. DJI will likely know who is flying the drone the first time the new owner logs into DJI GO.
2018-9-17
Use props
NicoNic
lvl.2
Germany

msinger Posted at 2018-9-17 10:05
Do you mean de-register it with DJI? If so, that's not possible.

It's not really an issue anyhow since the new owner will be logged into DJI GO with their own DJI account. DJI will likely know who is flying the drone the first time the new owner logs into DJI GO.

So it is bound on the DJI Go App ? Not on the drone or RC himself ?
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. If you are planning to sell your aircraft. Make sure to provide the proof of purchase of the aircraft, your buyer will now create a new DJI Account as it is now being the new owner of the drone. Remember also to uninstall the app from your mobile device, remove also some personal information attached to the aircraft if you have license numbers along with. Thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

NicoNic Posted at 2018-9-17 10:08
So it is bound on the DJI Go App ? Not on the drone or RC himself ?

The law is not going to be able to come after you if the new owner of your drone does something illegal with it.
2018-9-17
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Whats a Good price for the Mavic Pro. I wouldn't call the MP old, its still one of the very best still out there.
2018-9-21
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 510217 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-17 10:22
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. If you are planning to sell your aircraft. Make sure to provide the proof of purchase of the aircraft, your buyer will now create a new DJI Account as it is now being the new owner of the drone. Remember also to uninstall the app from your mobile device, remove also some personal information attached to the aircraft if you have license numbers along with. Thank you.

Hi do you mean to reinstall the app and install it again once you get a new drone?  what if you have two drones but sold one only?
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Snipes_Blaster Posted at 2018-9-21 13:59
Hi do you mean to reinstall the app and install it again once you get a new drone?  what if you have two drones but sold one only?

Hi, it's ok. Once the new owner created a new account it will separate you now from all of the responsibilities may arise if he/she crashed the aircraft.
2018-9-22
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-22 02:14
Hi, it's ok. Once the new owner created a new account it will separate you now from all of the responsibilities may arise if he/she crashed the aircraft.

Thank you Gamora, also if you have DJI care refresh on the Mavic Pro, does that pass onto the new owner?
2018-9-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Snipes_Blaster Posted at 2018-9-22 13:30
if you have DJI care refresh on the Mavic Pro, does that pass onto the new owner?

It does if the new buyer has a copy of your original sales receipt.
2018-9-22
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-9-22 15:24
It does if the new buyer has a copy of your original sales receipt.

Do you mean sales receipt of the Drone?  I do not have that as it was a gift, but I have receipt of the DJI care refresh which is bind to the drone.
2018-9-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I'm referring to the documentation for the DJI Care Refresh purchase.
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Snipes_Blaster Posted at 2018-9-22 13:30
Thank you Gamora, also if you have DJI care refresh on the Mavic Pro, does that pass onto the new owner?

Yes, just provide the proof of purchase to him/her. Thank you.
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules