Auto exposure problem
1065 8 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DannyHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259 ft

There is a problem found by one of the M2P user. Could dji administrator advise how can we fix this.

https://youtu.be/ITxIo5pSN3g
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please provide the again as it cannot open here in my end.
2018-9-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Although I do not understand the language I believe to see a misunderstanding here. The demonstration in the video was not in auto exposure setting but started with the "A" setting which is Aperture priority for manually selecting the aperture. He then switched to the "S" setting which is Shutter priority for manually selecting the shutter speed. And if you want or need both a fixed aperture and shutter speed you choose the full manual mode.

Here is the correct link to the video:

2018-9-18
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Agree, from what i can see is he just doesnt understand the difference between Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and full manual modes.  All seem to be working as advertised.
2018-9-18
Use props
DannyHa
lvl.2

Yes, you are right. I made a mistake. I meant the Shutter priority mode. The problem is about the Aperture stepping up and down in a step by step way. It should be gradually changing smoothly up or down. The video showed that the aperture goes up in steps or goes down in steps, not quite smooth as you can feel. This makes the video feeling bad and you feel that it is not taken by a professional camera.
2018-9-18
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

IMO the biggest problem with auto exposure is using it to begin with.
2018-9-18
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

DannyHa Posted at 2018-9-18 15:33
Yes, you are right. I made a mistake. I meant the Shutter priority mode. The problem is about the Aperture stepping up and down in a step by step way. It should be gradually changing smoothly up or down. The video showed that the aperture goes up in steps or goes down in steps, not quite smooth as you can feel. This makes the video feeling bad and you feel that it is not taken by a professional camera.

Every decent camera on the planet adjusts aperture in 1/3 (or even worse, 1/2) a stop at a time.
Its completely normal given how aperture works.
2018-9-18
Use props
DannyHa
lvl.2

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-18 16:24
Every decent camera on the planet adjusts aperture in 1/3 (or even worse, 1/2) a stop at a time.
Its completely normal given how aperture works.

Agree. But, it is not smooth so that we can see there are steps in adjusting brightness.
2018-9-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

You'll always see that.  1/3 stop sudden changes are very noticeable on footage.  Thats why a lot of DSLRs use intermediate ISOs instead for a smoother transition.
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules