INSPIRE 1 lightbridge bad signal after update 1.2.1.xx
2617 19 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
healbunny
lvl.2

Canada

using samsung tab s 8.4 lte with dji pilot app 1.1
I was flying my bird at Canada long point national wildlife area yesterday, good day, tiny wind, very large flat open area (completely nature, wetland with creek, lake, no very tall trees, no people around, no wifi around).
I found out whenever the distance between me and the bird greater than 500 meters, the video feedback become very lag, also the further the bird go, the more lag on the screen. My bird farthest went 1.6KM (no obstruction), and I constantly receive lost video feedback, and the latency greater than 5 seconds. However, the other radio control signal on the app show me full bars. I still have full control to the bird with full GPS lock beside the video feedback was very x 100 times bad .  I'm so glad my bird did not flyaway like others, and the "reture to home" function works everytime I press.
2015-5-30
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

Same thing here, I really noticed a difference!!!
I was not scared to go as far as 2km over water, but now I limit myself to 7-800m!
2015-5-30
Use props
tdhines81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988406 ft
United States

I have same problem.  Video seems to fall apart around 700-800m.  Also I have problems setting home point when bird is on ground and rc location will not set at all.  I had no problems at all until this last firmware update.  Dji needs to their act together.  Pay this much for a copter........ And afraid to use.  I was using APM & Mission Planner and it worked like a champ/perfect.  All I do now is check and see if home point will set and see if the video is going to drop signal.  No fun at all.
2015-5-30
Use props
healbunny
lvl.2

Canada

alexmarnas Posted at 2015-5-31 00:36
Same thing here, I really noticed a difference!!!
I was not scared to go as far as 2km over water, b ...

The video feedback was like PowerPoint show when distance greater than 500m. I wish DJI can fix it ASAP
2015-5-30
Use props
healbunny
lvl.2

Canada

tdhines81 Posted at 2015-5-31 01:34
I have same problem.  Video seems to fall apart around 700-800m.  Also I have problems setting home  ...

I have no problems with set up home point, the home point will auto set when I manually start the motors.
2015-5-30
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

It's not going to get fixed.
We all bought an Inspire1 with 32ch TX that was downgraded to 8ch because of "regulations".
The thing is...it was sold like this for a premium and they took it away from us via firmware update.
Now one of the strong selling points that was the HD vid at long distance, it's gone.

It's like buying a muscle car with 320hp and having the factory update the engine to 80hp and don't say anything.
Would you keep your car as it is?
75% less power?

I doubt it
2015-5-30
Use props
tdhines81
lvl.2
United States

Airosa Posted at 2015-5-31 15:51
It's not going to get fixed.
We all bought an Inspire1 with 32ch TX that was downgraded to 8ch becau ...

Do we have any options?  I bought to video 300-1000 acre land tracts.  Now I am extremely limited and could easily lose the bird in the woods!  Basicaly I have about $4000 in this setup that is very unreliable with this firmware version
2015-6-1
Use props
jtheogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303973 ft
Greece

I have the same issue .... DJI have to do something on this, we cannot fly over 800-900m without video, this happens on both auto or manual channel.
2015-6-2
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

jtheogr Posted at 2015-6-3 01:00
I have the same issue .... DJI have to do something on this, we cannot fly over 800-900m without vid ...

I have the same issue with my Samsung 8.4 tablet. Weak image transmission signal  at short distances which I have never seen befor the update!  And a video-signal like PowerPoint demonstration.
2015-6-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am running the same firmware on my Inspire.  I had it out a week ago to 1.5km and did not loose signal.  The difference is that I am using a iPad 2 mini and also a Samsung S4 phone.  Normally I am in Auto however if you use Custom then choose the lowest bar for signal and reduce the transmission rate to 4mbps.  That should help.  Make sure that your antennas are properly aligned.  The seem to work best when perpendicular to the ground and at a slight angle out.  Like bunny ears, \ /.
2015-6-2
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-3 02:50
Normally I am in Auto however if you use Custom then choose the lowest bar for signal and reduce the transmission rate to 4mbps.

Ed - When you say "choose the lowest bar for signal," please elaborate.  Since the firmware update that removed most of the video channels, on my unit, the bars for each channel are all at the bottom of the scale.  The color key shows red for "unstable," green for "stable" and blue for "current channel."  There is almost never enough of any bar showing to be able to see what color it is since they're all mashed down to the bottom of the scale.  As they shift by tiny amounts in real time, sometimes there will be a glimpse of a color at the very bottom of a bar.  Usually all that shows is the outline.

Further confusion arises from the fact that the vertical axis on the scale is labeled "Noise."  Ordinarily one would expect the scale to reflect signal strength, where higher=good.  This is reinforced by the brief mention of this App function in the user guide, which says "HD Video Link Signal Strength - This icon shows the strength of the HD video downlink connection between the aircraft and the remote controller."  Your writing, and the "Noise" label on the graph, both imply that rather than signal strength the graph is instead a measure of interference where higher=bad.

Can you shed some light on this?
2015-6-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-3 20:58
Ed - When you say "choose the lowest bar for signal," please elaborate.  Since the firmware update  ...

Correct.  I find the higher channels have less interference.  So for the most time I end up on 20.  Also set the transmission rate to 4mbps.  
2015-6-3
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-3 21:24
Correct.  I find the higher channels have less interference.  So for the most time I end up on 20. ...

That should be a major informational posting and an update to the user guide - the LOWER the bars for the video feed from the bird, the better.  That's the opposite of what most people expect and the manual supports the wrong interpretation.  Can you pass that on for the next user guide update?
2015-6-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-4 01:08
That should be a major informational posting and an update to the user guide - the LOWER the bars  ...

I shall do that.
2015-6-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-4 01:08
That should be a major informational posting and an update to the user guide - the LOWER the bars  ...

Pete can you email me your email?
2015-6-3
Use props
jtheogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303973 ft
Greece

I try the suggestion of @Tahoed_ed and i will post the result i am using iPad Air.

2015-6-3
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-4 01:18
Pete can you email me your email?  My email is

Done.   
2015-6-3
Use props
tdhines81
lvl.2
United States

jtheogr Posted at 2015-6-4 02:01
I try the suggestion of @Tahoed_ed and i will post the result i am using iPad Air.

I tried Tahoe Ed suggestions.   Went out to about 2600 ft and seemed to hold video well.  I didn't  go any further, didn't want to get carried away with success  and loose video.  Thanks very much for the suggestion.  I am supposed to video a golf course in the next few days.
2015-6-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am happy that it works for you.  Just remember that if you move to a different location you may need to change the channel assignment.
2015-6-4
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-3 02:50
I am running the same firmware on my Inspire.  I had it out a week ago to 1.5km and did not loose si ...

I'm using an iPad Air 2 and I am also having the problem. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow.
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules