9982 85 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rikk08
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Second ever flight today with the Mavic 2 Pro I noticed 2 small scratches on the gimbal (photos attached)..is this normal??
Also if press and hold the screen to move gimbal around, how can I 'reset' it back to the center?

Anyone else feels like the controls are not as smooth/easy as the mavic pro? I feel like I really need to get used this new controler and that P mode might be way too fast at times haha!
20180917_190121.jpg

2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks like stress marks to me... Hate to say it but if that formed on my brand new drone I'd ship it back immediately!
2018-9-17
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 10:51
That looks like stress marks to me... Hate to say it but if that formed on my brand new drone I'd ship it back immediately!

stress marks from 2 flights? :O

Can Admins please verify this
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rikk08 Posted at 2018-9-17 10:52

A friend of mine had the same problem on the original Mavic Pro back in 2016 and ended up returning it for a replacement. Will be good to see what the mods on here say.
2018-9-17
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

maybe other m2 owner can report back too..
2018-9-17
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

There are a couple of other threads here where people reported scratches in the same place right out of the box. Some conversation about whether the drones were reworked before shipment (hence the announcement delay). Nothing conclusive other than people were kind of upset to receive a unit with obvious scratches on it.
2018-9-17
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frankly that's lame if DJI had to rework them and not either take a little more care assembling them or just not replacing damaged or marked parts. With the missing features and topics like this a I'm so glad I haven't plunged for a MP2 yet. I say yet as I'm sure I will but I'm not yet feeling confident in investing. Hope you get it sorted.
2018-9-17
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>

rikk08 Posted at 2018-9-17 10:54
maybe other m2 owner can report back too..

Hey just today i recieved my mavic pro 2 i did the updates and after i noticed as you i have the scratches
2018-9-17
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-9-17 12:54
Hey just today i recieved my mavic pro 2 i did the updates and after i noticed as you i have the scratches[view_image]

that's exactly the same as mine! Have you done any flights with it yet?
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for this inconvenience. We will forward this scenario to our engineers for further clarification and options. Please wait for our advice. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-17
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

The controls are a bit touchy by default.  Once you dial them in, it's as smooth as my MPP.

Sorry for the scratches.  Thankfully mine weren't as deep and isn't that noticeable.  If I were you, I would exchange it.  That will affect the resale value.
2018-9-17
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

Could these marks be caused but the new clamp ???
2018-9-17
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-9-17 13:37
Could these marks be caused but the new clamp ???

There's speculation that the M2P was delayed due to a gimbal issue where they had to remove them in a hastily fashion.  Others have mentioned that the gimbal clamp teamed up with harsh shipping handling caused it...
2018-9-17
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

rikk08 Posted at 2018-9-17 13:10
that's exactly the same as mine! Have you done any flights with it yet?

Not so far i want to test it tommorow in the morning just i did the updates and after i noticed those scratches.
2018-9-17
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

If you look at the other threads with photos, the marks are all the same. Either the new gimbal clamp is causing this or the gimbals were reworked before shipment as some have suspected due to the launch delay.
2018-9-17
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-17 13:25
Hi, Sorry for this inconvenience. We will forward this scenario to our engineers for further clarification and options. Please wait for our advice. Thank you for the support.

Thank you for the reply please let us know as soon as possible.
2018-9-17
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-17 14:10
If you look at the other threads with photos, the marks are all the same. Either the new gimbal clamp is causing this or the gimbals were reworked before shipment as some have suspected due to the launch delay.

It can be like this of course but still its not normal Dji to ship a drone like this since the moment you pay a lot of money for it.
2018-9-17
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

There has been a few post on here about scratched Gimbals  out of the box and it seems by just taking the Gimbal cover   off and putting it on scratches it and some suggested putting some tape in the Gimbal cover or use some felt  to prevent this until DJI fixrs the problem or a third party comes out with a soft rubber Gimbal, It is also thought that  factory workers could be scratching it during installation and some are reporting that the cover has fallen off out  the box from shipping.  
https://forum.dji.com/thread-165435-1-1.html

2018-9-17
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

It's probably the new gimbal clamp/lock.. I hate the thing with a passion...
2018-9-17
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

There is also talk about the scratched Gimbals on Mavic Pilots.com  and Mavic Facebook groups . I'm sure DJI is working day and night to resolve this issue since it has been reported almost 3 weeks ago. Cough , Cough.

2018-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

All I can say is that mine has arrived without scratches two weeks ago. Since then I have taken off and put back on the gimbal cover many times. Still no scratches at all. Whatever the cause for others might be, I assume it is rather production (or post-production fixing) related. Mine was produced mid August, close before the release date. You can check this when inspecting the various logs in DJI Assistant. The first ones start with the functioning tests right after assembly.
2018-9-17
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-17 14:22
There is also talk about the scratched Gimbals on Mavic Pilots.com  and Mavic Facebook groups . I'm sure DJI is working day and night to resolve this issue since it has beeen reported almost 3 weeks ago. Cough , Cough.

Thank you for your comment. We have forwarded this feedback to our engineers for further review.
2018-9-17
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-17 19:14
To reset your gimbal after manually yawning it via touch press up (forward) on the 5D switch.

Thanks forgot about that !
2018-9-17
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-9-17 13:31
The controls are a bit touchy by default.  Once you dial them in, it's as smooth as my MPP.

Sorry for the scratches.  Thankfully mine weren't as deep and isn't that noticeable.  If I were you, I would exchange it.  That will affect the resale value.

How did you dail them in if I may to ask to make it as smooth as my MPP?
2018-9-17
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-17 14:19
There has been a few post on here about scratched Gimbals  out of the box and it seems by just taking the Gimbal cover   off and putting it on scratches it and some suggested putting some tape in the Gimbal cover or use some felt  to prevent this until DJI fixrs the problem or a third party comes out with a soft rubber Gimbal, It is also thought that  factory workers could be scratching it during installation and some are reporting that the cover has fallen off out  the box from shipping.  
https://forum.dji.com/thread-165435-1-1.html

Yeah I noticed spathes on top of the gimbal from cover too :s there's also a video on youtube about it if I'm not mistaken but the scratches on the gimbal doesn't seem like it is from the cover..
2018-9-17
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

Scratches are starting to show up on the YouTubers now , can you imagine how scratched up these Gimbals are going to be in a couple of months from putting the Gimbal cover on all the time ? go to the 40 second mark.

2018-9-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rikk08 Posted at 2018-9-17 10:52

Hi, Sorry for the lates response. I was able to confirm this concern. I would like to ask if you could gently clean the scratch on the back of the gimbal? Please have a touch on it if it feels rough. Kindly keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-20
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony, Is DJI making changes to the packaging so the Gimbals won't get scratched and damaged with future deliveries  ?
2018-9-20
Use props
cap7ainclu7ch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41683 ft
United States

My gimbal had some parts on it out of the box and failed within 3 flights.  Seems like the gimbal failure are related to the scratches which are probably from shipment.  DJI support told me they are aware of this and are working on potentially packaging them differently, but they haven't been able to give me any more detailed information.
2018-9-20
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392920 ft
Spain

Hi .I had read these thread before the mavic 2 arrives to my home so the first thing i do was look to the gimball
And i didn t like what i saw
Mine comes whit a scach in the gimball  so i think is a ship problem .
Dji what are you going to do whit the customers who buy a spencive product like these and come with Scratched  when is new?????
2018-9-21
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392920 ft
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-20 09:12
Hi, Sorry for the lates response. I was able to confirm this concern. I would like to ask if you could gently clean the scratch on the back of the gimbal? Please have a touch on it if it feels rough. Kindly keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.

that was the first thing i do hooping it was just dirt but its not. Is a scatch
2018-9-21
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-20 09:12

Thanks for your reply! The scratch does not feel rough to the touch but it cannot be cleaned either. I'm getting more scratches on top of the gimbal too due to the plastic gimbal cover which I always put back with great care.
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rikk08 Posted at 2018-9-21 09:41
Thanks for your reply! The scratch does not feel rough to the touch but it cannot be cleaned either. I'm getting more scratches on top of the gimbal too due to the plastic gimbal cover which I always put back with great care.

Hi, I was able to coordinate this and found out that the scratches are normal because they meet our control standards. I would like to ask where did you purchase the unit and how long do have this since you received it? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-24
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft

That’s a bunch of crap DJI... So it’s perfectly “Acceptable “ to send a brand new product out with scratches??? For the money you guy charge for this ... this is unethical and unacceptable.   If this is the was DJI is going to treat it’s customers then you can take all your products and shove it!  Fix your damn issues and stop screwing your customers!!!!
2018-9-24
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

DJI says -The scratches are normal because they meet our control standards.
2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

No scratches here, but I did put clear shipping tape on the floppy latch part that rubs against the gimbal. They could have put something like shipping tape to let it slide easier. A lot of people are clumsy in this hobby

No damage like rik though.. That sucks
2018-9-24
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481844 ft
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-24 16:20
Hi, I was able to coordinate this and found out that the scratches are normal because they meet our control standards. I would like to ask where did you purchase the unit and how long do have this since you received it? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for the support.

scratches are normal because they meet our control standards.....WHAT?????
2018-9-24
Use props
fans02bf0d58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54846 ft
  • >>>

Guys, the cause is actually very easy to find.  It is caused during flight by the rear gimble motor contacting the hard plastic edges on the gimble bracket that secures the 2 black rubber dampeners.  If you look with a flashlight you will see the plastic chafed down on those 2 edges exactly where they appear on the gimble motor.  It is a flawed design and the fix is a slight redesign on that bracket and replacement camera/gimble for anyone who has the scratches.  I have scratches on both my zoom, and my pro and trust me I have never put the gimble guard on wrong.  Please stop confusing people saying it’s from the gimble guard.  Dji needs to get on this, and fast.  The sad thing is is this cud have been caught so easily before mass production.  Dji has some of the stupidest smart people working for them.  
2018-9-24
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

fans02bf0d58 Posted at 2018-9-24 21:01
Guys, the cause is actually very easy to find.  It is caused during flight by the rear gimble motor contacting the hard plastic edges on the gimble bracket that secures the 2 black rubber dampeners.  If you look with a flashlight you will see the plastic chafed down on those 2 edges exactly where they appear on the gimble motor.  It is a flawed design and the fix is a slight redesign on that bracket and replacement camera/gimble for anyone who has the scratches.  I have scratches on both my zoom, and my pro and trust me I have never put the gimble guard on wrong.  Please stop confusing people saying it’s from the gimble guard.  Dji needs to get on this, and fast.  The sad thing is is this cud have been caught so easily before mass production.  Dji has some of the stupidest smart people working for them.

Several pilots but not everyone has the scratches  but  yours is the  4th reason I have heard for them ,  3. From pilots  putting the Gimbal cover on and taking it off  haphazardly  2. From shipping because of poor packaging 1. Factory workers installing the cover on in a hurry .
2018-9-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules