Canada

7. products that do not work together as advertised
2018-10-30
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

wow, so you can't say the word " S E L L I N G " in a dji thread. is this a joke? What's inappropriate about it? I just spent $3000 with DJI and i can't use that word in a thread about the defective product they're " S E L L I N G"
2018-10-30
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Georgedaoud Posted at 2018-10-30 19:12
wow, so you can't say the word " S E L L I N G " in a dji thread. is this a joke? What's inappropriate about it? I just spent $3000 with DJI and i can't use that word in a thread about the defective product they're " S E L L I N G"

Yeah, my comment on my own thread about this just got blocked to. You know , the one where I complain about how the goggles suck with the Mavic 2/zoom and how they’re not doing anything about the fact everyone threw their money away on them without even acknowledging there’s a problem.
2018-10-31
Use props
Sia Gizmo Bass
lvl.1

United States

Well DJI TONY??? I don’t understand why you decided to respond with your last post that obviously did nothing but upset everybody more than they already were/are! I read the post and would definitely not need ANY “further details” regarding the connectivity issue with the $2K+ combo of goggles RE, Mavic 2 Zoom with the fly more bundle that EVERY SINGLE person who has purchased it seems to have. Why would you respond with your generic message that shows a blatant disregard for your customers time where you obviously haven’t even read the post or you would have understood that the issue is across the board with everyone and it’s with the latest FW on all devices along with NOT using the antenna as recommended SO WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? Admit there is a known problem with the AC, RC, and Goggles RE where the range is limited to 100 meters or less (leaving the purpose of the goggles completely pointless and unusable as it stands) and more importantly, WHEN and HOW will this issue be solved!?
2018-11-1
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Exactly what he said!!!!!!!!^^^^
2018-11-1
Use props
jmclfrsh5621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and purchased the RE Goggles as well and a hard case for them, but have not had a good chance to try them out.

Now I’m a little concerned I will be in the same boat!
2018-11-1
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 10-30 09:48
Hi, thanks for your notifications. Are you having the same issue? Could you please provide further details about your concern? Please provide the firmware of your drone as well as on the DJI Goggles. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Tony,

Everybody is having this issue.  You stated that you’d talk to the engineers and get back to the users on the 23rd September. Please update us in a timely manner.

Many thanks,
2018-11-2
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

jmclfrsh5621 Posted at 11-1 20:19
I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and purchased the RE Goggles as well and a hard case for them, but have not had a good chance to try them out.

Now I’m a little concerned I will be in the same boat!

When you test them out, make sure that you’re over a large grassland. The RC and Goggles will crash, and it feels like the RTH won’t kick in, and you’ll freak out.

Sorry to say, yes, you’re in the same boat.
2018-11-2
Use props
Sia Gizmo Bass
lvl.1

United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-2 13:16
When you test them out, make sure that you’re over a large grassland. The RC and Goggles will crash, and it feels like the RTH won’t kick in, and you’ll freak out.

Sorry to say, yes, you’re in the same boat.

Just wanted to second this comment about when it does fail it is very scary as it not only does not engage the RTH feature but when you finally run towards your drone in an attempt to have it reconnect it flashes some other warning about the object avoidance system being turned off as well so you would think this issue would be one that they would view as a high priority but given the response we’ve been given on here that’s definitely not the case... I’ve basically not been able to use my drone as intended for going on 2 months now and I highly doubt I’ll be getting a rebate to make up for the lost time ... Ha!
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Georgedaoud Posted at 10-30 18:47
Honestly I'm BEYOND Disappointed in this company's lack of response or care about this issue. It seems like EVERY PERSON with this combination is having the same problem. And even on different threads complaining of the same issue, all the administrators and company reps do is give THE EXACT SAME generic response "Please provide us with further details...." Are you kidding me?!? ALL THESE PRECISE POSTS AND EXPLANATIONS and you still don't get the issue? You can grab a pair of these overpriced RE goggles and a Mavic 2 Zoom off your shelves and REPLICATE THE ISSUE YOURSELF!. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. They're acting like these are ISOLATED INCIDENCES when in reality I HAVE YET TO SEE A PEROSN demonstrate that the combo of the RE goggles and the Mavic zoom work together.

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience that it causing you right now. We would love to assist you in regards to this issue, however, we may need to gather the details so that we could determine the concern. As you've mentioned that you already tried to use the antenna, however, did you use the 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz? The Pagoda Antenna will provide less interference in the image transmission but we should be using the 5.8 GHz, however, you could consider using the 2.4 GHz as well for the farther ranger. Please keep us posted so that we could assist you further. Again, my deepest apology for the troubles and uneasiness that you're currently experiencing.  
2018-11-6
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Sia Gizmo Bass Posted at 11-5 16:26
Just wanted to second this comment about when it does fail it is very scary as it not only does not engage the RTH feature but when you finally run towards your drone in an attempt to have it reconnect it flashes some other warning about the object avoidance system being turned off as well so you would think this issue would be one that they would view as a high priority but given the response we’ve been given on here that’s definitely not the case... I’ve basically not been able to use my drone as intended for going on 2 months now and I highly doubt I’ll be getting a rebate to make up for the lost time ... Ha!

My number one reason for getting the M2 was to use the goggles, and I too am very frustrated. DJI Tony said in September that he’ll get back to us with feedback from the engineers.  I called him on it last week, and he acted as if it was an unknown issue (very insulting)
2018-11-6
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 09:40
Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience that it causing you right now. We would love to assist you in regards to this issue, however, we may need to gather the details so that we could determine the concern. As you've mentioned that you already tried to use the antenna, however, did you use the 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz? The Pagoda Antenna will provide less interference in the image transmission but we should be using the 5.8 GHz, however, you could consider using the 2.4 GHz as well for the farther ranger. Please keep us posted so that we could assist you further. Again, my deepest apology for the troubles and uneasiness that you're currently experiencing.

Hi Tony, using different antennas etc isn’t causing the issue, nor fixing the issue.  It seems that the issue is when the drone switches from one frequency to another (based upon others feedback). I manually configured my drone to transmit on 2.4GHz, and the drone and goggles didn’t crash/freeze. This however is only a temporary solution.  DJI need to release firmware to fix this issue.  If it’s a hardware issue, they need to admit it, and have the drones replaced with capable drones.
2018-11-6
Use props
SK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 715860 ft
Canada

UNsyncED Posted at 11-6 17:57
Hi Tony, using different antennas etc isn’t causing the issue, nor fixing the issue.  It seems that the issue is when the drone switches from one frequency to another (based upon others feedback). I manually configured my drone to transmit on 2.4GHz, and the drone and goggles didn’t crash/freeze. This however is only a temporary solution.  DJI need to release firmware to fix this issue.  If it’s a hardware issue, they need to admit it, and have the drones replaced with capable drones.

"...I manually configured my drone to transmit on 2.4GHz..."

Where did you find this settings?

I can see the HD transmission settings only.
My understanding is that you are talking about the RC transmission settings, but I don't see any way to change it.

Could you please clarify.

Thank you.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 11-6 17:57
Hi Tony, using different antennas etc isn’t causing the issue, nor fixing the issue.  It seems that the issue is when the drone switches from one frequency to another (based upon others feedback). I manually configured my drone to transmit on 2.4GHz, and the drone and goggles didn’t crash/freeze. This however is only a temporary solution.  DJI need to release firmware to fix this issue.  If it’s a hardware issue, they need to admit it, and have the drones replaced with capable drones.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. For further clarification, if you're using the 2.4 GHz whilst using the DJI Goggles, it could provide longer distance while stabilizing the image transmission, however, it would depend on the environment if there are no interferences that would interrupt the image transmission. Using 5.8 GHz will provide better image transmission signal compared to 2.4 GHz but it can only be used on a shorter range and the antenna can be used as well if the image transmission is on 5.8 GHz is being used. Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you.
2018-11-7
Use props
SK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 715860 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 09:03
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. For further clarification, if you're using the 2.4 GHz whilst using the DJI Goggles, it could provide longer distance while stabilizing the image transmission, however, it would depend on the environment if there are no interferences that would interrupt the image transmission. Using 5.8 GHz will provide better image transmission signal compared to 2.4 GHz but it can only be used on a shorter range and the antenna can be used as well if the image transmission is on 5.8 GHz is being used. Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you.

Tony,

Could you answer this question:

"...I manually configured my drone to transmit on 2.4GHz..."
Where are these settings?
I can see the HD transmission settings only.
My understanding is that you are talking about the RC transmission settings, but I don't see any way to change it.

Thank you.
2018-11-7
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

SK Posted at 11-7 06:47
"...I manually configured my drone to transmit on 2.4GHz..."

Settings (3 dots), “HD”, Channel. Switch from Dual to 2.4Ghz

Hope that this helps.
2018-11-7
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Tony,

When the Controller/Drone is set to work in Dual Channel mode, it seems that when the drone is flying and has to switch from 5.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz due to change in reception, etc. it causes the Goggles and Controller to freeze (it also make the drone unresponsive).  Whether this is due to the Mavic 2 not being able to transmit in both 5.8 and 2.4Ghz mode to two different devices, that’s up to DJI to work out. If you fix the drone to 2.4Ghz, it stops the devices from freezing. Fixing the transmission to 2.4Ghz does limit the functional range of both the drone and goggles.

Can you please speak with the engineers and get back to us with feedback on a timeline for this issue being resolved, within the next 2 days.

Sadly, I don’t believe that you have two way communication with the engineers, therefore won’t be able to give us an answer. You did say, “We will check this scenario with our engineers for further assistance and resolution” on the 23rd September.
2018-11-7
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-7 14:50
Hi Tony,

When the Controller/Drone is set to work in Dual Channel mode, it seems that when the drone is flying and has to switch from 5.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz due to change is reception, etc. it causes the Goggles and Controller to freeze (it also make the drone unresponsive).  Whether this is due to the Mavic 2 not being able to transmit in both 5.8 and 2.4Ghz mode to two different devices, that’s up to DJI to work out. If you fix the drone to 2.4Ghz, it stops the devices from freezing. Fixing the transmission to 2.4Ghz does limit the functional range of both the drone and goggles.

Very well explained. I concur. I did a test run this evening and that does appear to be exactly what is occurring. At 5.8 I get about 300ft and at 2.4 it does improve to about 800ft max.,  but then lose connection .
2018-11-7
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hmm, my RE goggles are arriving tomorrow, hope to test them out this weekend and report. I'd be very disappointed if these problems still exist.
2018-11-7
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DarthSLR Posted at 11-7 15:44
Hmm, my RE goggles are arriving tomorrow, hope to test them out this weekend and report. I'd be very disappointed if these problems still exist.

If I saw your thread before today, I would have advised you to wait on your purchase. Sorry.
2018-11-7
Use props
MrTitan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow. I’m shocked if this Mavic 2 and Goggles RE issue is STILL causing problems! Totally not cool.

I own the standard white goggles (2.4ghz only) and have reached approx a mile in the UK with trees and a few buildings between me and the drone. I’d at least hope that entering the GO4 app settings and manually setting the bandwidth to 2.4ghz only would stop the RE Goggles from loosing connection over a short distance.
2018-11-7
Use props
byhead
lvl.3
United States

Jumping in my self. Got my M2P 2 weeks after their August release. The bird is spectacular. I have the Mavic Pro, the Mavic Pro Platinum,
the Breeze, the Tello, the Yuneec Typhoon H with it's HDMI Goggles. I got the DJI Goggles RE at 479 rather than 579 from a company
that likely had them purchased prior and that gent returned them. I HAVE THIS EXACT PROBLEM.
Latest FW, on everything, etc. YET M2P gets 600 FEET, looses connection, video Link freezes and one scary occasion this summer,
The RC says, "LOST CONNECTION" my GO4 app dumped, and my iphone8 went to sleep (No App open),  Blind, dead and worried.
I started the GO4 app, after turning OFF THE WORTHLESS GOGGLES RE, and low and behold the GO4 wanted to update the GEO
system! Oh Boy, I bypassed that question, thankfully and got vid link! The M2P flew out of range and lovingly decided to RTH!
So my video on the phone shows me heading home. WHEEEEW...... What a ride that was.
I was linked on the 5ghtz with the pagoda.  600 feet is all i can achieve.  SAYS EVERYONE (or even less!)
Now the somewhat good news for me, I CAN use the HDMI cable to my Typhoon H, and now having ordered the DJI
corrective lens set (3.5 Diopter with 2.5 reading glasses for hyperopia, Flying the "H" is a thrill, as is watching the 1080P
video from the card on the Goggles OR the 1080P video live feed direct from aircraft storage on the Gog's RE! Oh My.
Now this: When I got the Yuneec Breeze, I got their Simple PHONE HOLDER Googles (30$) with their controller, and
guess what!?  I Can Use the HOLDERS to fly LITCHI on the Mavic 2 Pro complete with stereo vision on the phone.
DiD i say LITCHI DJI? Yes I did. SO HOW ABOUT FIXING OUR RANGE ISSUES PLEASE!!!!
BY THE WAY - I get the same low range with the Mavic Pro Platinum binded at 2.4ghtz!  But get almost
3 miles running LITCHI.  First Person View.  Oh My.  Something ain't right in Shenzhen....  SHAY SHAY!!
2018-11-7
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 10-18 12:14
DJI... There's a definate software issue with the RF signal range on the Mavic 2 when the Goggles RE are connected, as others have stated.

PLEASE, DJI, dont just offer up the same old "update all your firmware" statements.
Ok, so, Im sorry I only recently noticed this but I didnt include any info on finding the v4.3.0-840 apk build I mentioned in my recent (just noticed... very looong) post (#17) about a possible temporary fix...

Heres the url for the dji forum post that the url address is that gets you the download for that version. Its post #15

https://forum.dji.com/thread-165955-1-1.html

Im still not sure if it will help anyone like its helped me?

One last thing. I found other info that may help as well.
On a separate device, running v.4.3.2, with all updated firmware for AC, RC and Goggles RE, I tested this out and it did help. Ive only tried it once so no guarantees...
So, go into the the RF Signal control menu and change the "Dual Band" over to 2.4GHZ. I left it in Auto, but I think choosing a Custom channel would work too.
It seems the 5.8Ghz side is where the problem likely lies.

Good luck and cheers.

DJI, GET US A FIX FOR THIS.... DAMN

JD
2018-11-9
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. For further clarification, if you're using the 2.4 GHz whilst using the DJI Goggles, it could provide longer distance while stabilizing the image transmission, however, it would depend on the environment if there are no interferences that would interrupt the image transmission. Using 5.8 GHz will provide better image transmission signal compared to 2.4 GHz but it can only be used on a shorter range and the antenna can be used as well if the image transmission is on 5.8 GHz is being used. Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you.

Hi Tony, I have given you an outline of the issue, as you requested, but I haven’t had a response. Can you please up date me/us of the issue/testing/timeline.  Many thanks.
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 11-7 14:50
Hi Tony,

When the Controller/Drone is set to work in Dual Channel mode, it seems that when the drone is flying and has to switch from 5.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz due to change in reception, etc. it causes the Goggles and Controller to freeze (it also make the drone unresponsive).  Whether this is due to the Mavic 2 not being able to transmit in both 5.8 and 2.4Ghz mode to two different devices, that’s up to DJI to work out. If you fix the drone to 2.4Ghz, it stops the devices from freezing. Fixing the transmission to 2.4Ghz does limit the functional range of both the drone and goggles.

Hi, sorry for the late response. I've already informed our engineers with this providing the feedback on the DJI Goggles and Mavic 2 Zoom. Rest assured that I will keep you posted for further updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-11
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-11 16:56
Hi, sorry for the late response. I've already informed our engineers with this providing the feedback on the DJI Goggles and Mavic 2 Zoom. Rest assured that I will keep you posted for further updates. Thank you for the support.

Thanks Tony.  Let’s hope that it’s fixed in the next firmware update.
2018-11-11
Use props
jmclfrsh5621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

My REs are staying in their case until this gets resolved. No sense going through all this mess and stress.

Hopefully they get it resolved soon.
2018-11-12
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group,

Has anyone come up with a workaround to bypass the wireless connection on the RE Goggles and link it directly through the USB hub with a cable on the Mavic 2 Pro’s RC?
2018-11-12
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Mavical Posted at 11-12 19:30
Question for the group,

Has anyone come up with a workaround to bypass the wireless connection on the RE Goggles and link it directly through the USB hub with a cable on the Mavic 2 Pro’s RC?

I don’t believe that you can use an OTG cable with the M2. Sorry
2018-11-13
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

roamer105 Posted at 10-26 21:59
I normally use my iPhone X to fly and it has the latest version of GO 4 (4.3.3). Today I used an idle iPhone 6 that I no longer use but retained an older version of GO 4 (4.3.0). I flew with the goggles to over 2 miles from home point with no problem at all. So there may be something to the combination of the latest AC and latest RE Goggles firmware combined with the older 4.3.0 version of GO 4. My iPhone 6 also runs an older version of IOS but I don’t think that has any bearing to this problem.

Yes, this is pretty much exactly what I found as well, only Im using android. If any one is interested, I posted a msg (#17. Sorry about length) that explains and then later another post (#65) with the URL that gave me the Android Go4 v4.3.0 (840-official) apk build that helped me.

Good luck.

DJI. what the heck people, fix the problem!!!

JD
2018-11-13
Use props
JuJuMP2_User
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 11-13 05:52
Yes, this is pretty much exactly what I found as well, only Im using android. If any one is interested, I posted a msg (#17. Sorry about length) that explains and then later another post (#65) with the URL that gave me the Android Go4 v4.3.0 (840-official) apk build that helped me.

Good luck.

Good to know.

I hope it is just sw and a fix can be rolled out in due course.
I can wait, I have to !  
I'm beyond the return period and no longer in Hong Kong where I purchased the combo.

The DJI Flagship shops in HK and Shenzhen were amazing.
The staff were so helpful and polite.
I am really enjoying my M2P and all the accessories.

Regards,

J.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 11-11 18:54
Thanks Tony.  Let’s hope that it’s fixed in the next firmware update.

Hi Unsynced, sorry for the late response. Our team is still running the evaluation in regards to our concern. If may I ask, are you using the mobile device while using the DJI Goggles? Please keep us posted for further instruction. Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-14
Use props
fansea8c8678
lvl.2

United States

I have experienced the same problem that is being discussed here with regards to loss of signal.  I was using the RE goggles without my phone attached to the controller when I experienced the issue on several occasions.  I hope this helps diagnose the problem.
2018-11-14
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 09:47
Hi Unsynced, sorry for the late response. Our team is still running the evaluation in regards to our concern. If may I ask, are you using the mobile device while using the DJI Goggles? Please keep us posted for further instruction. Thank you for understanding.

Hi Tony, yes I,am. I’m using an iPhone with iOS 12.x. I hope that this helps.
fansea8c8678 says that he has the same problem while not having a phone attached.

2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 11-14 13:32
Hi Tony, yes I,am. I’m using an iPhone with iOS 12.x. I hope that this helps.
fansea8c8678 says that he has the same problem while not having a phone attached.

Hi Unsynced, sorry for the late response. Please sync your flight records on the DJI GO 4 app and provide your DJI account via PM. I would recommend exporting the flight data of your DJI Goggles, Mavic 2 Zoom and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 then provide those details here. All of the exporting with your devices can be done using the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted so that I could forward it to our team. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-15
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Rfern Posted at 10-31 16:19
Yeah, my comment on my own thread about this just got blocked to. You know , the one where I complain about how the goggles suck with the Mavic 2/zoom and how they’re not doing anything about the fact everyone threw their money away on them without even acknowledging there’s a problem.

Hi Rfern, @Dji tony has requested of me (in Post 77) to supply flight data. I know that you are passionate about this topic, are you able to assist him.  Unfortunately I’m busy during the next few days, and don’t have time to help. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.
2018-11-15
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 16:21
Hi Unsynced, sorry for the late response. Please sync your flight records on the DJI GO 4 app and provide your DJI account via PM. I would recommend exporting the flight data of your DJI Goggles, Mavic 2 Zoom and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 then provide those details here. All of the exporting with your devices can be done using the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us posted so that I could forward it to our team. Thank you for the support.

Hi, I’m a little busy this weekend, and won’t have time to assist straight away. I’ve asked @Rfern if he can assist. If this isn’t completed by Monday, I’ll help. Thanks.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 11-15 20:49
Hi, I’m a little busy this weekend, and won’t have time to assist straight away. I’ve asked @Rfern if he can assist. If this isn’t completed by Monday, I’ll help. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your updates. Please ensure that the details that you'll be provided are your own equipment so that I could be able to provide it to our team as we're checking this concern. We'll be waiting for your updates for further assistance. Kindly keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-11-18
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-15 20:49

I am sorry , I just received this . Unfortunately, my pc is being updated and repaired so I will not be able to use DJI assistant. I would really love to contribute to get this resolved but I’m sorry I cannot help right now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do in the future to help. But , I have to say, I feel like I have given enough information at this point, along with many other people, about this issue and I don’t think putting the burden of uploading , syncing , sharing, etc... should be cast upon us after all the money spent for these products. Please excuse the rant , but why should we be hassled to provide such information when it should not of been an issue to begin with?
In another note , I would like to provide the following information in regards to the goggles as I’ve been doing quite of bit of experimenting with them-
I have tried other locations which are more “wide open” and the goggles’ range seems to improve immensely.

2018-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules