655516 655516 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-15 20:49
Hi, I’m a little busy this weekend, and won’t have time to assist straight away. I’ve asked @Rfern if he can assist. If this isn’t completed by Monday, I’ll help. Thanks.

I am sorry , I just received this . Unfortunately, my pc is being updated and repaired so I will not be able to use DJI assistant. I would really love to contribute to get this resolved but I’m sorry I cannot help right now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do in the future to help. But , I have to say, I feel like I have given enough information at this point, along with many other people, about this issue and I don’t think putting the burden of uploading , syncing , sharing, etc... should be cast upon us after all the money spent for these products. Please excuse the rant , but why should we be hassled to provide such information when it should not of been an issue to begin with?
In another note , I would like to provide the following information in regards to the goggles as I’ve been doing quite of bit of experimenting with them-
I have tried other locations which are more “wide open” and the goggles’ range seems to improve immensely.

2018-11-18
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

To continue,
  I also seem to get “ attitude to high, obstacle avoided “ error messages every time I use the goggles. This does not happen without them . The UAV comes to a stop and then I continue on.
Again all firmware is updated, and everyday this has happened it’s been cloudy and the sun has not been an issue. I hope this helps. Please let me know if there’s any thing else needed, that doesn’t require too much from my end, to fix this.
Thanks
2018-11-18
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Rfern Posted at 11-18 17:16
To continue,
  I also seem to get “ attitude to high, obstacle avoided “ error messages every time I use the goggles. This does not happen without them . The UAV comes to a stop and then I continue on.
Again all firmware is updated, and everyday this has happened it’s been cloudy and the sun has not been an issue. I hope this helps. Please let me know if there’s any thing else needed, that doesn’t require too much from my end, to fix this.

I strongly agree with your comments about “us” having to supply information.

I’ll have a look and see if I have any files already, which I can send to them.
2018-11-18
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-18 17:40
I strongly agree with your comments about “us” having to supply information.

I’ll have a look and see if I have any files already, which I can send to them.

I can upload anything from the app if needed, I hope,( not the most tech savvy person on the planet) but my pc is being worked on currently. LMK if I can contribute
Thanks
2018-11-18
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Rfern Posted at 11-18 19:14
I can upload anything from the app if needed, I hope,( not the most tech savvy person on the planet) but my pc is being worked on currently. LMK if I can contribute
Thanks

I feel that they are asking me to upload the data, to buy time and shut me up.
2018-11-18
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-18 16:23
Hi, thanks for your updates. Please ensure that the details that you'll be provided are your own equipment so that I could be able to provide it to our team as we're checking this concern. We'll be waiting for your updates for further assistance. Kindly keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Tony, unfortunately DJI Assistant 2 doesn’t work fully on MacOS, so therefore I can’t send you data files.  I trust that you can find alternative means of gathering the required data.
2018-11-19
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony,
This thread is over 2 months old without a resolution to the issues plaguing the Mavic Pro/Zoom 2. Data and experiences have been shared throughout. How much more is needed? DJI’s own applications prevent uploads and updates because they are not even working correctly a lot of the time! So then we search for a fix so we can fix the fix .
My point is , why is the burden on us to fix these issues? It takes  a lot of time and work to share flight data between 2-3 devices and especially when some of us are not very technologically inclined such as myself. I just want to fly..... period. Not figure out how to give you data that I shouldn’t be. That time should be spent flying. This is not what we paid for. We give you a general idea of what the issues are, (and they are painfully obvious here) and you either fix it or tell us how. The same generic questions get us nowhere.
2 MONTHS and you’re still asking us to send you info that you already have an abundance of.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 11-19 15:34
Hi Tony, unfortunately DJI Assistant 2 doesn’t work fully on MacOS, so therefore I can’t send you data files.  I trust that you can find alternative means of gathering the required data.

Hi, sorry for the late response. May I know what is the version of your DJI Assistant 2 that you're using and what are challenges that you're encountering while using the DJI Assistant 2? Did you manage to sync your flight records? If yes, kindly send the email that you've used on DJI GO 4 app via PM. Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help.
2018-11-20
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-20 16:52
Hi, sorry for the late response. May I know what is the version of your DJI Assistant 2 that you're using and what are challenges that you're encountering while using the DJI Assistant 2? Did you manage to sync your flight records? If yes, kindly send the email that you've used on DJI GO 4 app via PM. Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help.

The DJI Assistant 2 version is the latest available from the Goggles RE websit, Download. MacOS version.
Unable to use the data logger section.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 11-20 19:08
The DJI Assistant 2 version is the latest available from the Goggles RE websit, Download. MacOS version.
Unable to use the data logger section.

Hi, thanks for your response. Could you please download the DJI Assistant 2 under Mavic 2 series page and get the flight logs of your aircraft then RC as well. You could try to use that to possibly get the files of your DJI Goggles as well. Please let us know if this won't work. Sorry for the troubles and challenges in regards to this matter.
2018-11-21
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-21 16:19
Hi, thanks for your response. Could you please download the DJI Assistant 2 under Mavic 2 series page and get the flight logs of your aircraft then RC as well. You could try to use that to possibly get the files of your DJI Goggles as well. Please let us know if this won't work. Sorry for the troubles and challenges in regards to this matter.

The DJI Assistant 2 from the M2 website doesn’t work with the Goggles RE. Do you have any other suggestions which might help, on MacOS?
2018-11-26
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

I’ve created a new thread to encourage DJI to fix this issue.  Please feel free to add your support.
2018-11-26
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 09:03
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. For further clarification, if you're using the 2.4 GHz whilst using the DJI Goggles, it could provide longer distance while stabilizing the image transmission, however, it would depend on the environment if there are no interferences that would interrupt the image transmission. Using 5.8 GHz will provide better image transmission signal compared to 2.4 GHz but it can only be used on a shorter range and the antenna can be used as well if the image transmission is on 5.8 GHz is being used. Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you.

I tried switching it manually to 2.4. I BARELY notice a difference. Ultimately it did nothing. I’m just honestly speechless at this point. I just feel like I was ripped off for these goggle.
2018-11-27
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Goggles RE and I’m facing the same range issues as reported by several people here.

Both the drone and the Goggles are running the latest firmware.

When I fly without the Goggles, the range is noticeable higher (up to 4 times better)

Is there any news from DJI regarding this?
2018-11-27
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I switched to the RE edition goggles from the regular ones hoping that with the "dual" bands it would help.
Just flew it out, same exact issue. Goggles freeze, black and white. Remote disconnects. Turned off goggles, everything comes back no problem.
I'm putting in for a refund now.
Pitty...

2018-11-27
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Hey DJI,
Are you hearing all this? It’s been months and you mean to tell us you have nothing?
2018-11-27
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
United States

I used a signal booster type with aluminum foil. The change is very drastic. I saw on a youtube video and did the test myself. Try it.
2018-11-29
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
United States

2018-11-29
Use props
Glen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572454 ft
United Kingdom

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
Seems it was a connection/User error
2018-11-30
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue, I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P

I already tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE with no success.

I am wide open to trying any ideas that anyone has here on how to hard wire the two together…

Thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Brazil

Up, DJI is pretty silent about this...
2018-12-20
Use props
Bananeman
lvl.2
Netherlands

Real shame, I was going to purchase these goggles before I found this discussion. Will hold off until I read here that the problem has been fixed.
2018-12-24
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just confirm that the Mavin zoom / Goggles RE is not having ae of 300-600m (also the RC dropped to that range by swithing on). I mean bad range for the goggles “o.k. (Not okay of course) but why also the RC is not usable any longer.

Hopefuly solve this issue - the range of Mavic 2 is without Goggles just perfect
2018-12-24
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

I have been waiting to purchase the goggles and following this thread since September.  
2018-12-26
Use props
Gyrouwe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94672 ft
Italy

Same Issue with Goggle RE and Mavic Pro... just had it today... a real adrenaline kick.  But GO4 and IPhone X has been parallel connected. I always start and land with the PSo i just took the Googles away and continue flying with the Phone. 10Sec later the Goggles came back alive... i had in the HD view mode. External Antenna connected.
2018-12-30
Use props
Gyrouwe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94672 ft
Italy

Gyrouwe Posted at 12-30 09:12
Same Issue with Goggle RE and Mavic Pro... just had it today... a real adrenaline kick.  But GO4 and IPhone X has been parallel connected. I always start and land with the PSo i just took the Googles away and continue flying with the Phone. 10Sec later the Goggles came back alive... i had in the HD view mode. External Antenna connected.

Sorry the forum is new to me.....
2018-12-30
Use props
fans362dd1fb
New
Flight distance : 48097 ft
Brazil

Hello

I have exactly the same problem. Frustrated here.

What’s the solution, DJI?
2019-1-6
Use props
imthemobileguru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11114019 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jumpin on the bandwagon. I have an M2E and obviously running Pilot. The Goggles won’t link up to the video stream unless the goggles are tethered.

Haven’t tested the range, however the Goggles HUD provides no telemetry, and “Aircraft Disconnected” is persistent irrespective of successful video transmission or fail.

CS sends me to tech support, tech support tells me to email Enterprise support, enterprise support doesn’t respond...just like in here:

https://www.imthemobile.guru/gogglesre-gimbal-head-tracking-drone-video/
2019-1-7
Use props
enthusiastic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187316 ft

DJI support and Tony, so many people have the same issue, if you google "Mavic 2 Googles RE" you will see that you are actually creating bad reputation for your products and company support. Why don't you actually convince your developers to properly sit down and fix this issue? Why we have to argue so hard in order to convince you look at an issue instead of just giving us real attention and proper support for products that cost of thousand of dollars?
2019-1-8
Use props
fansd629c30a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

Same issue here. Video loss at 1000 ft, but I can go 2+ miles on RC only.
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_Q4Hc6DWhAHwO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20843 ft
Australia

I just bought the Mavic 2 Fly More & Goggle Re combo kit.   I can only get around 450metres over a direct line of sight over water with the Re Goggles & Mavic 2 . . . fine on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Presently I'm having a dig at DJI Support who tell me :

"We are not considering this as a known issue.

But we already have taken note of this issue and in fact, I am forwarding it to our FAE for the immediate resolution to our valued customer like you".

This appears to be pretty well the standard reply from DJI since at least September last year. What a smack in the face for the guys who asked for a solution back then & since then.

So it's still not considered a "known issue" .   GREAT . . . then I'm sure they'r frantically working on a solution . . . NOT !!!    : (
2019-1-9
Use props
fansd629c30a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

I’m a little more optimistic about the prospects of a fix and I do believe they are working on this because we all know there are thousands of Mavic 2 & Goggles users experiencing the same issue around the world and their customer service resources are being consumed by the problem.  

This is still a relatively new product at 6 months since release.  Recall that the original reveal was delayed due to “quality control” issues.  All new products are rushed to market due to corporate pressures with the true beta testing and real world testing taking place in consumers’ hands, hence all the updates and refinement.  We’re essentially early adopters and I bet the Mavic 2 after 1 year will be vastly more refined than the product we are flying today.  
2019-1-10
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Brazil

fansd629c30a Posted at 1-10 09:08
I’m a little more optimistic about the prospects of a fix and I do believe they are working on this because we all know there are thousands of Mavic 2 & Goggles users experiencing the same issue around the world and their customer service resources are being consumed by the problem.  

This is still a relatively new product at 6 months since release.  Recall that the original reveal was delayed due to “quality control” issues.  All new products are rushed to market due to corporate pressures with the true beta testing and real world testing taking place in consumers’ hands, hence all the updates and refinement.  We’re essentially early adopters and I bet the Mavic 2 after 1 year will be vastly more refined than the product we are flying today.

Still waiting for DJI to public recognize the problem and provide customers with an actual time frame for the fixes, before that, my hopes are still down.
2019-1-11
Use props
Simk1n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200896 ft
Norway

Wow, just about to order the RE glasses for my M2 Zoom, I'm glad I didn't, watching this thread and the lack of response/fix from DJI.

Is this range isssue also present with the white goggles?
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_Q4Hc6DWhAHwO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20843 ft
Australia

I am having exactly the same problem with the Mavic 2 & Goggles RE combo.  I bought it all as a kit with the Fly More as well so am out of pocket a sizable amount of money.  I contacted DJI Support & they treated it as if they had never heard of the issue & that I was the only one.  After blasting them of not being aware of a problem in 2019 when the issues began being reported in 2018, they admitted that there was a glitch but it was not considered a "Known Issue" by DJI.  I am seriously considering returning the entire kit as I don't know if the fault is in the controller (interference) or the Goggles RE.  Has anyone returned theirs out of frustration with DJI Support.  I could always buy it again later once the bugs are sorted & chances are it will be cheaper by then as well.  Meanwhile I have my Spark to fly.  You have to wonder if ANYONE at DJI EVER flew this combo BEFORE it was released to market . . . UNREAL  ??!!!!
2019-1-13
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_Q4Hc6DWhAHwO Posted at 1-13 20:59
I am having exactly the same problem with the Mavic 2 & Goggles RE combo.  I bought it all as a kit with the Fly More as well so am out of pocket a sizable amount of money.  I contacted DJI Support & they treated it as if they had never heard of the issue & that I was the only one.  After blasting them of not being aware of a problem in 2019 when the issues began being reported in 2018, they admitted that there was a glitch but it was not considered a "Known Issue" by DJI.  I am seriously considering returning the entire kit as I don't know if the fault is in the controller (interference) or the Goggles RE.  Has anyone returned theirs out of frustration with DJI Support.  I could always buy it again later once the bugs are sorted & chances are it will be cheaper by then as well.  Meanwhile I have my Spark to fly.  You have to wonder if ANYONE at DJI EVER flew this combo BEFORE it was released to market . . . UNREAL  ??!!!!

I have heard of 1 person who managed to get a refund on the M2 and Goggles RE. They called up support and then pointed them to the numerous threads showing and discussing the issue.

I’m waiting for the next firmware release. If it’s not fixed then, I’m returning them.
2019-1-13
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Simk1n Posted at 1-12 15:23
Wow, just about to order the RE glasses for my M2 Zoom, I'm glad I didn't, watching this thread and the lack of response/fix from DJI.

Is this range isssue also present with the white goggles?

Supposedly the white Goggles do work well with the M2, but it doesn’t have the high resolution.
2019-1-13
Use props
Simk1n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200896 ft
Norway

UNsyncED Posted at 1-13 21:50
Supposedly the white Goggles do work well with the M2, but it doesn’t have the high resolution.

High resolution?

What you mean?
2019-1-13
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

Simk1n Posted at 1-13 23:09
High resolution?

What you mean?

2.4 GHz is capped at 720 resolution. The Auto switching mode is 1080.
Correction:
2.4GHz only transmits 1080p for short distances, where as 5.8GHz transmits 1080p for the entire flight.
2019-1-14
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-11-20 16:52
Hi, sorry for the late response. May I know what is the version of your DJI Assistant 2 that you're using and what are challenges that you're encountering while using the DJI Assistant 2? Did you manage to sync your flight records? If yes, kindly send the email that you've used on DJI GO 4 app via PM. Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help.

Hi Tony, do you have any updates on this problem? Thanks.
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules