Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Zoom
123456Next >
25541 202 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Georgedaoud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

I HAVE AN EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM WITH THE DJI GOGGLES RE!!! I spent a good amount of money on the combo kit that includes the mavic 2 zoom with the DJI Goggles Racing Edition. I have the latest firmware on all the devices (controller, drone, and goggles) yet I lose signal with the RE goggles at around 700m EVERYTIME. Then, when I disconnect the goggles, the signal returns perfectly fine with the controller alone. I have the antenna plugged into the goggles and it still cuts off no matter what. I even took it to an area with no interference, yet still, the DJI Goggles RE lost range with the magic 2 zoom again at around 700m-800m. Anyone with any solutions? This feels like a waste of money now!
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for some inconvenience. Regarding that. the antenna for the goggles will work only when using the Occusync camera module, Have you tried to remove it then give a try again?
2018-9-17
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-17 13:23
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for some inconvenience. Regarding that. the antenna for the goggles will work only when using the Occusync camera module, Have you tried to remove it then give a try again?

Without the antenna its even worse. It'll only go 400m or so. with he antenna about 800m. but then when i disconnect the goggles i can go up to 2km without any interference with the controller
2018-9-17
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Georgedaoud Posted at 2018-9-17 15:13
Without the antenna its even worse. It'll only go 400m or so. with he antenna about 800m. but then when i disconnect the goggles i can go up to 2km without any interference with the controller

I have the exact same issues and reported on another thread. Only response I got was to update firmware which was already the latest. Tried refreshing anyway and nothing works. Is DJI even monitoring this forum and planning to do something about it? Frustrating when the Mavic 2 is supposed to have better range compared to Mavic  Pro and normal goggles but in actual fact can’t even perform anywhere close!
2018-9-17
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-9-17 22:01
I have the exact same issues and reported on another thread. Only response I got was to update firmware which was already the latest. Tried refreshing anyway and nothing works. Is DJI even monitoring this forum and planning to do something about it? Frustrating when the Mavic 2 is supposed to have better range compared to Mavic  Pro and normal goggles but in actual fact can’t even perform anywhere close!

I just purchased the RE Goggles and now find out I might be facing the very same issue!

Hopefully DJI will step up to the plate on this one and replace your goggles with another pair.

I'm curious if anyone else who flies with the RE has the same problem?
2018-9-18
Use props
ArtuRRo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I ordered mavic 2 pro with goggless re but the weather is windy so cant really test it at the moment, will post feedback as soon as wind will slow down a little
2018-9-18
Use props
fersy.spreephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46158 ft
Germany

here the same problem, dji we need a firmware update!!
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Georgedaoud Posted at 2018-9-17 15:13
Without the antenna its even worse. It'll only go 400m or so. with he antenna about 800m. but then when i disconnect the goggles i can go up to 2km without any interference with the controller

Hi, Thanks for your response. Please provide the firmware of your aircraft and the DJI Goggles for further assistance.
2018-9-19
Use props
ABI Photo
lvl.1

I am having the exact same issue. The range is terrible with the goggles connected. Without I can fly for miles, not worth the 500 bucks!
2018-9-20
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-19 16:47
Hi, Thanks for your response. Please provide the firmware of your aircraft and the DJI Goggles for further assistance.

Mavic 2 Zoom Firmware version 1.00.0000
Goggles RE Firmware version 1.00.0600
DJI GO 4 App Version  4.3.2 (running on iPhone X)

All latest versions. Something really needs to be done. It seems like every person who bought the zoom and goggles RE is having the same problem.
2018-9-20
Use props
Petanjko Nikola
New
Switzerland

Georgedaoud Posted at 2018-9-20 22:35
DJI GO 4 App Version  4.3.2 (running on iPhone X)

Expecting a firmware will help.
But  I've some doubts about it.

Mavic 2 and the RC are using Ocusync 2 while the Googles RE are still using the first version of Ocusync.
Means 2 different kind of signals.
It would mean when communicating with Googles RE, the M2 is managing the Ocusync 1 which is maybe compatible but without the same power as the Ocusync 2.

Is it a hardware issue or firmware ???

If it's a hardware issue then DJI should clearly announce it before selling a possible limited product.

2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Georgedaoud Posted at 2018-9-20 22:35
DJI GO 4 App Version  4.3.2 (running on iPhone X)

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. We will check this scenario with our engineers for further assistance and resolution. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-9-23
Use props
user0affacf07b
lvl.1
United States

same problem with mavic 2 zoom with re googles.when no googles everything fine...i have been flying with mavic 1 pro with no issues..only problem  with mavic 2 zoom
2018-9-28
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>

Petanjko Nikola Posted at 2018-9-21 04:29
Expecting a firmware will help.
But  I've some doubts about it.

Incorrect.  Once updated to the firmware version compatible with the Mavic 2, both versions of the goggles support OccuSync 1.x & 2.x.  Which version is used depends on which model aircraft they are paired.  This issue will likely be resolved by a future firmware update.
2018-9-28
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 09:58
Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. We will check this scenario with our engineers for further assistance and resolution. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Do you have any updates on this situation with the terrible connectivity between the RE Goggles and the Mavic 2 zoom
2018-10-14
Use props
enthusiastic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187316 ft
Norway

Can DJI finally give us an answer to know if this will be resolved with firmware update or not and when? I am guessing thousands of customers including myself are waiting for an official response before they decide to buy the Googles RE. I don't know if DJI even cares about it but you guys are loosing sales. Also can you please finally provide us real answers? I've been reading the DJI forums for weeks now and really NONE of the threads ever got a final reply from the engineers, you are just guys promising answers but you never get back to us. Stop that, we don't need bots in the forum but real people giving us real help. DJI consider establish support for your products and share your plans about future firmware updates!
2018-10-18
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1643907 ft

DJI... There's a definate software issue with the RF signal range on the Mavic 2 when the Goggles RE are connected, as others have stated.

PLEASE, DJI, dont just offer up the same old "update all your firmware" statements.

THIS ISSUE IS REAL!!!

The good news is, I do believe a solution is possible, if some small effort on DJI's actual engineering/coding teams part, to match their advertising about the Mavic 2/Goggles RE combo's range and issue the proper updates.
I do think theres more to it than just Firmware though (AC,RC,Goggles).

Let me explain what Ive found...

So, Im yet another M2/GOGGLES RE user that has these RANGE ISSUES, with the Goggles on, only. Mine cuts out at 1000ft+/-50ft, precisely!

Ive been scouring the net for any news on the issue with minimal success, so I started searching for different android app/ AC,RC & Goggles firmware versions... Ive tried 4 different apk builds of v4.3.0 on my S8 Note, and a sideloaded Amazon Tablet, with some minor changes, but really nothing worth while. Ive also tried the newer v4.3.2 app, but that seemed to make things worse.

Ive upgraded/downgraded, mixed/matched different RC, AC and Goggle firmware versions w/ all these App versions, all with no luck - UNTIL A FEW DAYS AGO -

I found a v4.3.0 (840-official) apk build (not thru googleplay, found URL link to it, thru DJI forum, on a post having to do with fixing the non-functioning Status LEDs, on rear arms, after using 'Lost my Drone' feature).

What I found was that with the following latest FW versions:
AC & RC: 01.00.0100 Goggles RE: 1.0.7.0
the range of the Mavic 2 with the Goggles RE was much improved...

As I mentioned, I was losing signal at 1000ft before this combo was found, since then, Ive made a few 2 MILE FLIGHTS W/ GOGGLES RE with ZERO SIGNAL LOSS!
I couldve gone further but really, thats plenty good for me!

While I 'think' Ive cured my own issue, Im still going to bother DJI with annoying emails and more posts, as we all should, as this combo was NOT CHEAP and better range was promised, but also especially due to the newest fW/App releases making the issue worse (In my personal experience). Thats BS... What that tells me is they dont even realize its an issue, or djust dont care?

Hope this FW/App combo helps some of you?
(No guarantee it will do anything since the Go 4 app seems very picky about device choice but I hope so).

Notes:
1) All of my testing was done over open water.
2)When GOGGLES were NOT CONNECTED, the Mavic 2 range was GREAT, with all those app/fw combinations The change was drastically evident, esp in mid-flight, when turning the goggles off, the signal would immediately come back, strong.
3) Finally, I made sure that interference was nil, in this test location, as the signal graph on App, Goggles and a separate RF spectrum analyzer was showing me.

COME ON DJI, DONT LET THE GOGGLES RE GOSSIP FALL INTO THE SAME ARENA AS THE M2P 1" SENSOR CONTROVERSY.

WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE CAPABLE OF AWESOME RANGE, JUST AS THE MAVIC2/RC ARE W/O GOGGLES.

SHOW US YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR PRODUCTS REPUATION

JD
2018-10-18
Use props
roamer105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem. As soon as I turn off my REs the signal returns strong and I can continue flying for more than 2 miles with perfect downlink. As soon as I turn the goggles back on I loose it again. It looks like the goggles have very weak connection on all channels and frequencies once the distance reaches about 1/4 mile. The goggles trigger a frequency search/change continuously tearing it all down. Turning off the goggles fixes that and all is OK again.
Consequently the goggles are close to completely useless until DJI fixes this. PLEASE!!!
2018-10-25
Use props
fans303ba3fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65115 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Same issue here! Has anyone found a solution. Leaving for East Africa tomorrow with a M2 Pro and Goggles RE and I can't believe that they are not going to work for my trip!!!
2018-10-26
Use props
fans303ba3fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65115 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-17 13:23
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for some inconvenience. Regarding that. the antenna for the goggles will work only when using the Occusync camera module, Have you tried to remove it then give a try again?

Same issue here! Has anyone found a solution. Leaving for East Africa tomorrow with a M2 Pro and Goggles RE and I can't believe that they are not going to work for my trip!!!
2018-10-26
Use props
roamer105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

I normally use my iPhone X to fly and it has the latest version of GO 4 (4.3.3). Today I used an idle iPhone 6 that I no longer use but retained an older version of GO 4 (4.3.0). I flew with the goggles to over 2 miles from home point with no problem at all. So there may be something to the combination of the latest AC and latest RE Goggles firmware combined with the older 4.3.0 version of GO 4. My iPhone 6 also runs an older version of IOS but I don’t think that has any bearing to this problem.
2018-10-26
Use props
SK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715860 ft
Canada

roamer105 Posted at 2018-10-26 21:59
I normally use my iPhone X to fly and it has the latest version of GO 4 (4.3.3). Today I used an idle iPhone 6 that I no longer use but retained an older version of GO 4 (4.3.0). I flew with the goggles to over 2 miles from home point with no problem at all. So there may be something to the combination of the latest AC and latest RE Goggles firmware combined with the older 4.3.0 version of GO 4. My iPhone 6 also runs an older version of IOS but I don’t think that has any bearing to this problem.

The same and unstable situation here:

1. Yesterday lost signal at the distance about 400 meters. 3 or 4 times. Direct vision, the home point was 20-30 meters above the field and lake. The ideal conditions for the signal and observation the drone. However, the siganl was lost, as I mentioned, several times.
- I switched the Goggles RE off - everything restored.

2. This morning at ABSOLUTELY same conditions - no problem. The signal was strong and the picture was stable. I run my drone several times up to the 500 meters distance and was very happy.

3. This afternoon the issue came back. I put my drone up to 80 meters just above the home point - the picture started frose and the drone disconnected.
- I switched the Goggles RE OFF - everything restored.
- In a few minutes later I switched the Goggles RE ON - the RC immediatly reported disconnection with the drone.
- I switched the Goggles RE OFF - everything restored.

Sure, all the firmware - the latest versions.

The irony is that I had just replaced the white Goggles with this cool black Goggles RE.

The white Goggles worked perferctly and I was completely happy.

DJI, please do something!
2018-10-27
Use props
gtsdart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19879 ft
United States

I just bought the same set up with a car charger too and it right at $1.900 so ya I expected better but got the same results as you.  By accident holding the goggles in one had while carrying the Mavic and transmitter the other, I hit the touch pad some way by accident and got the menu for head tracking and all the other neat stuff it does. I was able to activate head tracking and it worked great. But no matter what I do I cant find the control combiinations to do it again.  Also I only have Active Track and Terrain Folowing showing in the goggles when its connected to the drone.  But when not connected it shows everu single one including Aircraft mode.  However as far as the goggles losing signal early, I saw a responce here stating that if your using the antenna that may be the culprit.  I indeed have only used my goggles with the antenna on,I thought it made it work better...
2018-10-27
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Same problem here!!!! DJI,HELLO,HELLO,HELLO,DJI? DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!
2018-10-28
Use props
gtsdart
lvl.1
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-18 14:38
I just purchased the RE Goggles and now find out I might be facing the very same issue!

Hopefully DJI will step up to the plate on this one and replace your goggles with another pair.

Yes exactly.  I can get roughly 1/4 mile away from my position and the goggles go "grey" and its over. But the display on my little iPhone 6s is still fine, and the Mavic can go further for sure.  But I have not come close to the 7 kilometers or 5 miles range that is advertised.  And this is even over a large lake, and at max altitude.
2018-10-29
Use props
gtsdart
lvl.1
United States

fersy.spreephoto Posted at 2018-9-19 00:53
here the same problem, dji we need a firmware update!!

Yesterday, I connected my goggles to assistant 2 for Mavic again, and there was again another update. the update for the goggles ended in 007.
2018-10-29
Use props
SK
lvl.3
Canada

gtsdart@satx.rr Posted at 2018-10-29 06:15
Yesterday, I connected my goggles to assistant 2 for Mavic again, and there was again another update. the update for the goggles ended in 007.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
2018.09.29 - v1.0.7.0

It looks like you are talking about the update from Sep 29 (one month ago).
Many people reported the range issue using this update.
We are waiting for another one.
2018-10-29
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 09:58

Hi Tony, I’ve noticed that you haven’t responded to this thread since 23rd September, and this is still an issue.  Please update the users of Goggles RE and M2.

Thanks
2018-10-30
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

Yes...., please Tony?
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-30 00:40
Hi Tony, I’ve noticed that you haven’t responded to this thread since 23rd September, and this is still an issue.  Please update the users of Goggles RE and M2.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your notifications. Are you having the same issue? Could you please provide further details about your concern? Please provide the firmware of your drone as well as on the DJI Goggles. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-10-30
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

Don’t mean to cut in but everyone is having the same problems DJI Tony, everyone has tried to refresh, reinstall, etc, everyone has the latest and greatest firmware, everyone has been waiting for a solution to solve the issue of the goggles not having any range and limiting the range of the mp2/zoom. Everyone is frustrated they blew $5-600 on something that doesn’t work and have received zero customer service on it in a timely matter or even acknowledgement that there even is a problem. The same generic questions are not helping. End rant.
2018-10-30
Use props
SK
lvl.3
Canada

Rfern Posted at 2018-10-30 10:44
Don’t mean to cut in but everyone is having the same problems DJI Tony, everyone has tried to refresh, reinstall, etc, everyone has the latest and greatest firmware, everyone has been waiting for a solution to solve the issue of the goggles not having any range and limiting the range of the mp2/zoom. Everyone is frustrated they blew $5-600 on something that doesn’t work and have received zero customer service on it in a timely matter or even acknowledgement that there even is a problem. The same generic questions are not helping. End rant.

Yes. We are waiting.

One more testing today (limited time - lunch time only).

Dji Googles RE + Mavic 2 Pro + iPhone XR

1. Check the FW. Goggles - by Assistant 2. AC, RC - by DJI to Go. No miracle - everyting is the latest. Including the iPhone iOS.
2. NO externall antenna.
3. The majority of the settings - Factory.
4. Camera settings (shouldn't be relevant, but just in case): 2688x1512 60 fps; X.265; WB auto; profile: +1, 0, 0; Shutter priority, 120; ISO Manual 100; A 2.8...4.5
5. Image transmittion - HD: 1080p30
6. No recording, just watching the goggles.

- The signal was lost as the aircraft got at 80 meters just above the home point (RC)!!!
- In a few moments the connection with aircraft was restored.
- Flew at distance 200 meters - the signal was lost again.

Now the scariest part:
As soon as aircraft was disconnected, the RC reported that the Obstacle Avoidance System was disabled. Would anyone be so pleased to explane why? My understanding was that when the aircraft disconnected, it initiates the Return Home protocol. Now without the Obstacle Avoidance System? How come?

Okay. In a few dozens of seconds, the connection was restored and I moved the aircraft close to my position.

So the summary is:

The combination of Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Goggles RE can cause the aircraft disconnection at the range at 80 meters with direct vision (just been above the RC). Great!

I still have my window to return my DJI Goggles.
I still postponing the review them at Amazon.com.

This afternoon I am going to set a reminder for a few days later to send the DJI Goggles RE back, rate them and write a full review at Amazon.

2018-10-30
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3
Canada

Honestly I'm BEYOND Disappointed in this company's lack of response or care about this issue. It seems like EVERY PERSON with this combination is having the same problem. And even on different threads complaining of the same issue, all the administrators and company reps do is give THE EXACT SAME generic response "Please provide us with further details...." Are you kidding me?!? ALL THESE PRECISE POSTS AND EXPLANATIONS and you still don't get the issue? You can grab a pair of these overpriced RE goggles and a Mavic 2 Zoom off your shelves and REPLICATE THE ISSUE YOURSELF!. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. They're acting like these are ISOLATED INCIDENCES when in reality I HAVE YET TO SEE A PEROSN demonstrate that the combo of the RE goggles and the Mavic zoom work together.
2018-10-30
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3
Canada

This is disrespectful to your customers DJI and to the loyalty that these customers have given your company OVER YEARS. These are not cheap devices and I honestly expected a higher level of professionalism and expertise more from a company like DJI which makes "professional" grade products. Shame on you for not publicly admitting there's a problem and acting like these cases are isolated and sporadic failures when in reality, you have a systemic flaw.
2018-10-30
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3
Canada

I just tried to write the most docile and simple criticism of DJI in this thread and it auto blocked my thread and said i was inappropriate. i didn't even swear. I'm shocked
2018-10-30
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3
Canada

So im gonna do this differently. the following posts were blocked when written together in one sentence
2018-10-30
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3
Canada

1. This just leads me to think
2018-10-30
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.3