Mavic Air permanently disconnects until controller restarted
1258 14 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndrewUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1403068 ft
United Kingdom

Hello DJI, this evening for the third time I lost control of my drone mid flight when it was only about 150m from myself, over water.  Auto RTH initiated and it began making its way home until I restarted the controller to resume connection.  As an experienced software engineer I am telling you that Wi-Fi disconnecting and not reconnecting until the controller is restarted is a dangerous bug.  What happens if the connection decides to drop when the Air is moving at 19m/s?!

My first detailed and unacknowledged report is here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-152560-1-1.html

Others report the same issue here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-144319-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=166033
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =166033&pid=1563649

When is DJI going to support the growing number of Mavic Air customers experiencing DANGEROUS and crippling issues with 0400 firmware?  The lack of support and communication is disappointing and puts me off buying DJI again.  Your reputation is at stake if you continue to chase new product development and forget about your existing customers with genuine issues.

Andrew

2018-9-17
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

Same problem as you and more frequent disconnecting (the "bug" is getting worse over time). After refresh fw first week was ok and then again same problem...
2018-9-17
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Have you tried downgrading the app to 4.2.12 to see if that helps?

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-17
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

I don't really fly my MA anymore after buying the P4P.  To me it's more of a collectors item now.  I might buy another just for flying though because they are fun to fly.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. I would recommend to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant, you can use this application to update the firmware of your RC as well. After using the application, please reboot the unit and re-link the RC to AC, recalibrate the IMU and the compass as well. Kindly check if there's enough GPS signal on your location, the environment should not be hazardous and turn off wi-fi or bluetooth on your device to prevent interruptions. You can use the link below for you to download the Assistant 2 to your computer.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-9-23
Use props
fans906a4e41
New
Flight distance : 9127 ft
Nigeria

My phone is connected to the drone but no visual on my phone. What could be the problem?
2018-9-24
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-17 12:49
Have you tried downgrading the app to 4.2.12 to see if that helps?

Fly safe

Hi Alex, I was highly reluctant to upgrade the app from whatever version was current in February due to the amount of issues reported here.  (If it isn't broken don't fix it.)  However for MA 0500 it requests the latest Go app so I bit the bullet.  One flight, no problems to report yet.  I flew the night before upgrading so GPS needs to be off for a good number of days before I can compare.
2018-10-6
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 13:44
Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. I would recommend to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant, you can use this application to update the firmware of your RC as well. After using the application, please reboot the unit and re-link the RC to AC, recalibrate the IMU and the compass as well. Kindly check if there's enough GPS signal on your location, the environment should not be hazardous and turn off wi-fi or bluetooth on your device to prevent interruptions. You can use the link below for you to download the Assistant 2 to your computer.

Thanks DJI Tony, I have just updated to MA 0500 and will carry out your instructions if the problem persists.
2018-10-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AndrewUK Posted at 2018-10-6 03:19
Thanks DJI Tony, I have just updated to MA 0500 and will carry out your instructions if the problem persists.

Hopefully new app and FW will sort many of your problems, let us know how you get on.
2018-10-6
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-6 08:20
Hopefully new app and FW will sort many of your problems, let us know how you get on.

Nope.  6% of battery gone waiting for GPS lock this afternoon.  Only 1 day after the MA was last used.
2018-10-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AndrewUK Posted at 2018-10-6 08:53
Nope.  6% of battery gone waiting for GPS lock this afternoon.  Only 1 day after the MA was last used.

So that’s approximately 1 minute, between start up and being able to take off, how many satellites did you get before take off ?
2018-10-6
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-6 09:31
So that’s approximately 1 minute, between start up and being able to take off, how many satellites did you get before take off ?

No it chewed from 100% to 94% in about 5-7 minutes.  Kept flicking 4/5 satellites for a minute or so then locked and attained 11.  Ahh this will all be captured in the flight log so I can get exact timings.
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AndrewUK Posted at 2018-10-6 03:19

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. Please let us know if you encountered any problems with the latest firmware. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-7
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
Mexico

AndrewUK Posted at 2018-10-6 09:38
No it chewed from 100% to 94% in about 5-7 minutes.  Kept flicking 4/5 satellites for a minute or so then locked and attained 11.  Ahh this will all be captured in the flight log so I can get exact timings.

Flight log started when you started motors. If you turn on your AC only, then there is no flight logs.
2018-10-7
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 13:44
Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. I would recommend to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant, you can use this application to update the firmware of your RC as well. After using the application, please reboot the unit and re-link the RC to AC, recalibrate the IMU and the compass as well. Kindly check if there's enough GPS signal on your location, the environment should not be hazardous and turn off wi-fi or bluetooth on your device to prevent interruptions. You can use the link below for you to download the Assistant 2 to your computer.

Hello, I am still having major GPS acquisition problems, sometimes it takes nearly 10 minutes even with a clear view of the sky.

I attempted to use DJI Assistant however it will not see my Mavic Air.  Looking at the forums I see that DJI has done a major half a$$ attempt with this software because the drivers are not properly signed and do not install properly:

flq:           Copying 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\{5aa24396-3f27-e948-932a-58935397788b}\dji_vcom_driver11.inf' to 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp\{6d5d6a24-cbde-944f-8351-baa153d57334}\dji_vcom_driver11.inf'.
     flq:           Copying 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\{5aa24396-3f27-e948-932a-58935397788b}\djidriver.cat' to 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp\{6d5d6a24-cbde-944f-8351-baa153d57334}\djidriver.cat'.
     sto:           {DRIVERSTORE IMPORT VALIDATE} 13:44:50.947
!!!  sig:                Driver package INF file hash is not present in catalog file. Filename = dji_vcom_driver11.inf, Error = 0xE000024B
!!!  sig:                Driver package appears to be tampered, and Code Integrity is enforced.
!!!  sig:                Driver package failed signature validation. Error = 0xE000024B
     sto:           {DRIVERSTORE IMPORT VALIDATE: exit(0xe000024b)} 13:44:50.961
!!!  sig:           Driver package failed signature verification. Error = 0xE000024B
!!!  sto:           Failed to import driver package into Driver Store. Error = 0xE000024B

I am not going through disabling driver signing in order to get this hacky software installed.

Further, I go to uninstall the software and it tells me "some elements have not been uninstalled and can be removed manually."  I check the installation folder and see 343MB of your stuff still on my computer AFTER running uninstall.  Seriously, this is VERY POOR QUALITY AMATEUR SOFTWARE and has left drivers and non-working junk littered on my system.  Searched the driver install logs and manually removed all of this which was associated with this crapware install:

C:\Windows>pnputil -d oem37.inf
Microsoft PnP Utility

Driver package deleted successfully.

C:\Windows>pnputil -d oem142.inf
Microsoft PnP Utility

C:\Windows>pnputil -d oem144.inf
Microsoft PnP Utility

C:\Windows>pnputil -d oem145.inf
Microsoft PnP Utility

C:\Windows>pnputil -d oem148.inf
Microsoft PnP Utility

C:\Windows>pnputil -d oem159.inf
Microsoft PnP Utility

C:\Windows>pnputil -d oem80.inf
Microsoft PnP Utility

C:\Windows>pnputil -d oem158.inf
Microsoft PnP Utility

C:\Windows>

Therefore I would like to return my drone to have the GPS issue resolved and will create a case.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules