1875 9 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

I have the p4p crystal sky ultra bright combination. Wondering if anyone has updated the go4 software?

2018-9-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Pauxier,

Are you talking about the P4 Pro Plus?  The built in display for the P4 Pro only uses the screen from the 5.5 inch CrystalSky for the Plus variations.  I cannot figure out what you mean about the "UB combination".  The 5.5 inch CrystalSky is very different from the Plus variations using the screen as far as I know and have seen reported here.  I have the 8.75 inch High Brightness CrystalSky and use it with my P4 Pro.

As for updating the CrystalSky DJI GO 4 app, I have done it a few times and had no problems.  Each time results in more and better performance.  When an update is available, it is noted in the colored text on the left side of the "Notifications Screen" (middle button on the right side).

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for the inquiry. I just want to clarify, are we talking about the CrystalSky monitor that is connected to your Phantom  4 Pro remote controller or for the Phantom 4 Pro + built-in screen? Please make sure to download the latest version of DJI Go 4 App for reliability and compatibility purposes. Thank you.
2018-9-18
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry I thought more people would know that I meant Ultra Bright. I was only wondering if others had this combination of hardware.
2018-9-18
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also I dont know where to report this but i am not from the united kingdom
2018-9-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pauxier Posted at 2018-9-18 14:53
Sorry I thought more people would know that I meant Ultra Bright. I was only wondering if others had this combination of hardware.

Aloha Pauxier,

You are on your own about the United Kingdom issue.  But for the CrystalSky Ultra, yes it is easy and a good idea to update and upgrade when possible.

As noted, I have the 8.75 inch High Brightness CrystalSky and use it with my P4 Pro.  My friend has the Ultra with his mechanically identical P4 Pro Obsidian.  We have both updated the CrystalSky DJI GO 4 app and had no problems.  Each time results in more and better performance.  When an update is available, it is noted in the colored text on the left side of the "Notifications Screen" (middle button on the right side).

Hope this helps!  Go for it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-19
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-9-19 00:40
Aloha Pauxier,

You are on your own about the United Kingdom issue.  But for the CrystalSky Ultra, yes it is easy and a good idea to update and upgrade when possible.

Thanks. I have always kept everything up to date. I am concerned that with all of the attention on the new Mavic that the software could become too much for the Crystal Sky to run efficiently. I will update it anyway and try to report back here.
2018-9-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pauxier Posted at 2018-9-19 05:38
Thanks. I have always kept everything up to date. I am concerned that with all of the attention on the new Mavic that the software could become too much for the Crystal Sky to run efficiently. I will update it anyway and try to report back here.

Aloha Pauxier,

If you look at the CrystalSky processor parts, RAM and storage options, you will be able to tell it is good for a number of years of software upgrades.  Many of the processor innovations that nVidia developed are in the CrystalSky displays.  BTW, nVidia has also developed chips for Intel.

You will be pleasantly surprised with the upgrades.  Be sure to reboot the complete system after any update or upgrade.  Many problems result from forgetting that procedure.  The Phantoms and Mavics are flying networks of three different computers, so it can be problematic if you skip steps.  This is cutting edge technology.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-9-19
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I ran the update last night and flew briefly with no problems. I did have to re-set my camera because there was significant gimbal drift.  I am having some trouble understanding how to take care of the precise fly database nag on the Crystal sky. I have done this before with a tablet but not with the Crystal Ultra Bright monitor. Do I plug the Aircraft into the micro USB on the monitor or the Large USB port?
2018-9-24
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I used the small usb port and got this taken care of BTW
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now