Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark live view tilts rapidly when turning
769 14 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all
So I think that it’s supposed to be like that because of the 2 axis gimbal instead of 3 axis.
When I turn rapidly or when I press left or right on the right joystick, the image is tilted rapidly sideways, there and back.
And for me it’s really annoying, it ruins the shots for me most of the time
I also have a Yuneec q 500+ which has a 3 axis gimbal and there that issue doesn’t occur,
But there are at least 5 other issues with the Yuneec q 500+ camera that makes it much worse than the spark camera.
I’m thinking of getting either the mavic air or the Mavic Pro, will I have the image tilting sideways issue on those drones also or not?
Thanks all
P.s. I’m thinking of getting a Walkera furious 320 also, 120 km per hour !!!

Safe flying everyone
Alex
2018-9-17
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

On the DJI Go 4 app tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner, tap the RC icon second from the bottom, in gimbal settings select Follow versus FPV...the gimbal will stay oriented to the horizon in Yaw...it won't bank as it's doing for you right now.
2018-9-17
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

I know that
And I am always in follow.
But when you turn rapidly on the right joystick left or right till the end, it still tilts.
Ofcourse not as much as in FPV mode but still it tilts.
I’m not a novice flyer ;)

Fly safe all
Alex
2018-9-17
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-9-17 19:21
On the DJI Go 4 app tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner, tap the RC icon second from the bottom, in gimbal settings select Follow versus FPV...the gimbal will stay oriented to the horizon in Yaw...it won't bank as it's doing for you right now.

Forgot to reply to you. So please read my message above
2018-9-17
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
First Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

I also have this, doesn't everyone, but I got what I paid for, and the 2axis is quite stable. I don't the issue would occur on 3axis gimbles. But you should look into it. good luck
2018-9-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>

And that is not just in sport or under high wind?
2018-9-17
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

That's right...in Sport mode it is always FPV...even if you have Follow selected.  To answer your original question, with a three axis gimbal you don't have the problem.
2018-9-17
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. Yes I have the issue when I’m going full speed in sports mode
Now I know that in sports mode it’s always in FPV, no matter even if you have it set to FOLLOW.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of this? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for the further check. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-19
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-19 14:46
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of this? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for the further check. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony
It’s normal for that to happen in sports mode because spark has 2 axis gimbal. I’m thinking of getting a mavic which has 3 axis gimbal and there this issue doesn’t occur.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-19 15:07
Hi Tony
It’s normal for that to happen in sports mode because spark has 2 axis gimbal. I’m thinking of getting a mavic which has 3 axis gimbal and there this issue doesn’t occur.

Sorry to know about that, we could forward that as well with our engineers to see what we can do to possibly come up with a solution or at least an advice to this concern. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-19
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft

That was my biggest grip with spark... in sports mode the gimbal will tilt making video totally useless. A big issue when trying to shoot any action sports, like tubing or jet skiing. That’s why I isn’t get. Another spark after my second one crashed. Mavic doesn’t have this issue and neither does Anafi
2018-9-19
Use props
Zeflex514
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222743 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-19 14:46

Hi,

It looks like it's a normal spark behaviour in sports mode as said previously by the other member.

We will need to switch to a mavic soon
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Zeflex514 Posted at 2018-9-19 21:15
Hi,

It looks like it's a normal spark behaviour in sports mode as said previously by the other member.

Hi, Thanks for your update. Glad that everything seems to be normal. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-23
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Well it would have been a lot better, if the spark had a 3 axis gimbal and we wouldn’t encounter this issue at all
But well, it is what it is

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules