Mavic Air RC Disconnection in flight near sea
1960 12 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29219 ft
Spain

Hello, I wrote you to the email support (support.eu@dji.com), but I put this in the forum in order to get more opinions, since yesterday I`m afraid to fly Mavic air and crash a 1000€ drone.
I bought a Mavic Air (Fly More Combo) less than 2 months ago. Yesterday in a rural area without electric/radio interferences, taking a video near the sea, my Mavic Air connection was lost with the remote at only 20 meters from me (and 10 meters of altitude); Mavic Air went to the sea about 2-3 seconds more and then it came to the RTH automatly, my Remote Controller Led blinked in red and the APP shows "Aircraft Disconnected" in red; I took the Mavic Air wen it was landing and the remote didn´t reconnect. I rebooted both (Aircraft and Controller) and they connected without problems, but now I´m afraid to fly it in that condiction.

The Antenna was perfectly parallel seeing perfectly the drone, no obstacles, only open air and a safe place, without radio interferences, the KP index was 2 when disconnection happened ( early in the morning KP was over 3), I have never fly with more than KP 3-4. I was in 5.8G (auto) and CE mode.

I fly without my bluetooth clock and I disconnect always in my phone wifi, bluetooth,... and I only use GPS feature in my smartphone.

I uploaded here the Flight Record:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/P333MWBPKFWTLMVG6BK7/

but I think that the log don`t show anything relevant. Are there any Log in the drone that recorded the disconnection? The drone didn`t reconnect after this and it was near the RC then I took it ( 0,5 - 1 meter landed). I use last firmware (1.00.0400) and last APP version.

Please help me, I don`t want to have the same experience, I spend 1000€ in that Aircraft because I think that DJI was the best quality.

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks.

2018-9-18
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

This is not new problem. Many people has same problem reported but DJI never provide the answer.
2018-9-18
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

U can fly your drone and wait for new firmware. Only you should check your RTH settings. When it hapens again, quickly restart your RC and APP. 99% U will get conection again.
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the unfortunate event that happened. Did you see an error message in the app prior to the accident?
2018-9-18
Use props
Sis
lvl.1
Spain

Thank you for your responses, no Wanda, no error messages, and the log is all parametres good .
I see now that this is more common that I imagine, maybe for the firmware 1.00.0400, and is awfull that DJI don`t repaired that bug yet.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=166033

Are there anything that we can do in order to prevent that happens?? (Untill the new firmware will be released)

Pay a lot of money for a drone and then you have this problems inadmissible.
2018-9-18
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53612 ft
United Kingdom

DJI never give a straight answer to anything. Very unhelpful. Would expect better from a Chinese company.
2018-9-18
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Sis,

I experienced a complete disconnect once (still don`t know why), craft did a perfect RTH. Your MA came home as well.

I fly a Spark and MA with all updates to date, happens just once so i keep on flying.

So always check if a HP is recorderd after take-off. Do a good before and after take-off checks and go flying!

Just trust your MA, imo more drones are lost by flying 'silly' than due to DJI GoApp errors etc.

cheers
JJB

2018-9-19
Use props
paul77Air
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125085 ft
Chile

Hi, I write from Chile, sorry for my english.
I founded this forum and I see that many peoples have the same errors.
I don’t had good luck, because Since a couple days ago my mavic air crashed in a pool, after discontrol it and fly to high velocity.
After I saw the fly registry many times, I saw that show me messages about magnetic fields, but I can’t make nothing cause my radio control don’t work, please i need help because the drone doesn’t work and show me many errors when I turn on.
I have the drone only two months ago.
I hope your comments.
Thank you.
2018-9-19
Use props
paul77Air
lvl.2
Chile

Hi Sis, sorry for post here, but I can’t create new post.
You had good luck, but me no
2018-9-19
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

paul77Air Posted at 2018-9-19 16:36
Hi, I write from Chile, sorry for my english.
I founded this forum and I see that many peoples have the same errors.
I don’t had good luck, because Since a couple days ago my mavic air crashed in a pool, after discontrol it and fly to high velocity.

Your kind of problem is completely different - most probably your drone went to ATTI mode due to magnetic interefrence. Better start a new thread about your problem and don't mess this one with unrelevant information
2018-9-19
Use props
paul77Air
lvl.2
Chile

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-19 22:35
Your kind of problem is completely different - most probably your drone went to ATTI mode due to magnetic interefrence. Better start a new thread about your problem and don't mess this one with unrelevant information

Ok thank You
2018-9-20
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

welcome to the club of mystical MA disconections.... have same problem :/ one of d/c was on old firmware - then 3 months ok, then it comeback on my trip near summer.
there is no explanation, DJI just avoiding topic.
and honestly it limits your flying, as You not sure when d/c might kick in :/ fast reboot of RC ussualy help
I suppose You case is same as mine there

2018-9-23
Use props
Sis
lvl.1
Spain

Yes! The same problem! Now I`m flying in 2,4GHz in a Manual Channel (better range) , I think that it is a RC firmware bug, but, DJI "doesn`t know".
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules