PanGazer - a new application for viewing Mavic Panoramas
1072 2 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speleo-flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]I've been working for a few months now on a new viewer for panoramas I've been taking on my Mavic Pro. It is now available at [size=14.6667px]http://speleotrove.com/pangazer/
[size=14.6667px]Here's a summary of the main features:

• PanGazer is a free (and advert-free) Windows application for viewing images and panoramas, including 360° spherical and hemispherical panoramas as captured by drones.
  • The PanGazer package includes a 'starter spherical panorama’ of the Bejes village and mountains in Spain, taken with my Mavic Pro; PanGazer lets you look around the full 360°, and also pitch up or down, including straight down.
  • PanGazer detects spherical 360° panoramas automatically and you can pan around them easily, but you can also use it for viewing non-spherical panoramas and other images.
  • When viewing ‘hemispherical’ panoramas (e.g., drone panoramas from the Mavic and similar drones) which typically cover 20° above the horizon and 90° below, PanGazer will automatically set the correct horizon.
  • You can save views to disk, effectively extracting individual photographs from a panorama.
  • Strong image enhancements (brightness, etc.) are available to help you identify features of interest.
  • Multiple views (windows) are supported – you can view different images, or the the same image, from multiple angles and zooms at the same time. For example, you can compare still images with views of a panorama.
  • If an image is geotagged (e.g., from a Mavic) you can select 'view satellite image' to see (using Google Maps) where the image was taken.
  • PanGazer uses a fast multi-threaded implementation of the gnomonic projection which reduces apparent distortion of horizontals and verticals. Interpolation is used to improve the display of zoomed or low-resolution images.
[size=14.6667px]All comments and suggestions for improvements are welcome!

[size=14.6667px]Mike Cowlishaw

2018-9-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing   
2018-9-18
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV