Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help spark fluctuation altitude in app
982 10 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suspect Zero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25384 ft
United States

Im not sure what all info anyone may need.  I did do a search on the subject but it doesnt seem like my situation is exactly the same as others.  The problem started a week or so ago.  I didnt notice but my app started crashing on my phone.  I have had my spark for 27 days.  Best buy will not return it btw.  I have a galaxy s8 and it was working fine for the first 14 flights.  now when i go up or down the altitude fluctuates in the app.  It varies so much so there is no way to know by how much.  ill get to 100 ft then it will go to 21ft then 19ft then as i continue to go up then it will go to the correct altitude for a few feet then so the low numbers.  when i sit still it reads the correct number.  it also does it when going down but not as bad.  last night was the first i saw all 4 solid red lights while going up but when i was stationary the back turned green again.  i chatted with support and did everything they asked.  tried it on 2 diffrent devices,  downloaded the assistant and reset and reset the firmware,  recalibrated in app. wasnt offered in assistant.  I have tried this in 3 diffrent locations all 3 i have flown before this issue.  after all the i flew this morning and no red lights but still altitude fluctuation in the app.  I made sure the bottom sensors were clean didnt look like i have the film on the bottom sensors.  In my flight record it shows no fluctuations at all.  also it was in gps mode and i would try to set the home point and it never gave me the message that it was set but it looked like it was.  when i hit the RTH last night it did come to me but i took control and landed it.  also over the weekend i noticed on my flight record it showed that i landed in the home spot and it was -80 ft but in the app it never showed that.  Im not sure what next since i cant exchange it. I am in a semi restricted flight area but it happened in an area where it was all clear for many miles too.  please help.

2018-9-18
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Um... I'm too ASD to even try to read that solid  block of text. Try writing in paragraphs.
2018-9-18
Use props
Suspect Zero
lvl.1
United States

not sure how to edit it.
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry about the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify that the telemetry on your application especially the altitude is not reading accurately? You mean on your flight records it seems that the fluctuation is not occurring? May I know what happened prior to this issue?
2018-9-18
Use props
Suspect Zero
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-18 12:27
Hi, Sorry about the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify that the telemetry on your application especially the altitude is not reading accurately? You mean on your flight records it seems that the fluctuation is not occurring? May I know what happened prior to this issue?

on the flight records it isnt happening.  the first time it happened the app crashed on me then i got it back. then it started doing it.  the next flight in the flight records it showed negitive altitude when landed. -60ft but on app it was just fluctuating again.  it only does it when going up or down.  I tried to reinstall the app and try again.  when i would go up all 4 lights were solid red.  when i stayed still at any altitude the back lights turned green again.  I was told to reset the drone with the assistant.  i did and i flew it this morning and the drone was operating fine but in the app it still showed a fluctuation in altitude.
2018-9-18
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

have you peeled off the film of the downward VPS? Yes, refresh firmware
2018-9-19
Use props
Suspect Zero
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-18 12:27
Hi, Sorry about the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify that the telemetry on your application especially the altitude is not reading accurately? You mean on your flight records it seems that the fluctuation is not occurring? May I know what happened prior to this issue?

Here is what it is doing
2018-9-20
Use props
Suspect Zero
lvl.1
United States

Suspect Zero Posted at 2018-9-20 16:54
Here is what it is doing

https://youtu.be/sK0yVQBMrGg
2018-9-20
Use props
Suspect Zero
lvl.1
United States

Suspect Zero Posted at 2018-9-20 16:54
Here is what it is doing

https://youtu.be/sK0yVQBMrGg
2018-9-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

You should contact DJI Support for further assistance.
2018-9-20
Use props
michael o
New

United States

Hi,did you get to fix the issue? And if you did, how?I recently started having the same problem where in my flight record I get the accurate reading but not wile flying.its stressing.I need help.thanks in advance.
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules