El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-18
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

I agree ! Not a fan of the bag, everything is a bit too tight to my taste, you tend to be too careful when packing everything in it.
I still have a Lowepro Nova 2 AW bag, and I think I'll use this one instead !
2018-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-19
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I still think the bag is decent... It's better then I was expecting it to me. I was expecting some bag made out of nylon and thing plastic bag like material that I would just toss in the garbage. I had no idea it cost $70 by itself though which after seeing that I do not think it's even remotely close to that price point... Once it's zipped up I can push on the area where the prop mount is and there is plenty of room the bag and the prop despite it looking like it sticks over before it's zipped up.  

I already have a backpack that I use that I carry everything in already. I keep my camera gear, spare lenses, MOD.2 9mm, extra mags, Go Pro with a few mounts, and now 2 drones, 5 batteries, 2 RC and 2 chargers in. It's nothing fancy but it's what I am used to using so I'm more comfortable with it. I plan to just use this shoulder bag to put inside my backpack so that the drone isn't just freely sitting in there.

I personally wouldn't want to use the shoulder bag by itself anyway just because it has DJI and MAVIC 2 written on it which makes it a target around my parts.  Just like how I black out Nikon and other stuff on my camera gear to make it stand out less.  I will not lie though. The first time I saw the shoulder bag I was like "They modeled this after my GF's lunch bag she uses but added some pleather to it" lol

2018-9-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-19 03:01
Your calculations seem a little off, here in Germany:

[view_image]

i'm going to move to Germany then.  heh.  The calculations at my time of purchase (a month ago) from B&H Photo in NYC were correct.  Everything in the kit added up to $40 US less than buying the stuff separately.    But that isn't the point of this thread, my comments are regarding the shoulder bag functionality itself, not the price of the kit.

Thanks for the reply though,
Matt
2018-9-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-19 05:25
I still think the bag is decent... It's better then I was expecting it to me. I was expecting some bag made out of nylon and thing plastic bag like material that I would just toss in the garbage. I had no idea it cost $70 by itself though which after seeing that I do not think it's even remotely close to that price point... Once it's zipped up I can push on the area where the prop mount is and there is plenty of room the bag and the prop despite it looking like it sticks over before it's zipped up.  

I already have a backpack that I use that I carry everything in already. I keep my camera gear, spare lenses, MOD.2 9mm, extra mags, Go Pro with a few mounts, and now 2 drones, 5 batteries, 2 RC and 2 chargers in. It's nothing fancy but it's what I am used to using so I'm more comfortable with it. I plan to just use this shoulder bag to put inside my backpack so that the drone isn't just freely sitting in there.

Hi Hedsic,

Agreed, it is a nicely manufactured bag.  Built with the wrong intentions though.  If it were just an inch larger in all directions (and padded better), I would not have felt like this bag is a danger to the equipment stored inside.
2018-9-19
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-19 07:36
Hi Hesic,

Agreed, it is a nicely manufactured bag.  Built with the wrong intentions though.  If it were just an inch larger in all directions (and padded better), I would not have felt like this bag is a danger to the equipment stored inside.

I just looked and now they want $109 for that bag
2018-9-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-19 07:43
I just looked and now they want $109 for that bag

Oh Lordy.
2018-9-19
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

I bought the fly more kit knowing that I would never use the case. It will go on ebay when I get around to it.
2018-9-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is a great backpack option... yep, not as portable as the Mavic 2 Shoulder bag, and it is as  $30 more expensive, but it also gives you WAY more space, WAY easier access, WAY more protection, WAY more versatility, AND if you are hiking to a location, you have a backpack with dedicated space for clothing, food, etc.  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... neguard_bp_250.html
2018-9-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is an upgrade to the Mavic 2 Shoulder bag.  This bag is still VERY small, but large enough for more of your accessories, quick access to your accessories, tall enough to stand the M2P on its nose (and have better padding and space than the Mavic 2 Shoulder bag), better protection overall with much more padding, AND it costs $5 less than the M2 Shoulder bag. It also includes space for a tablet inside the bag.  I'm ordering this one for my portable bag.  After more options are brought to market for a hard case, I will order one of those for travel purposes.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... tal_Gadget_Bag.html
2018-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-19 10:05
Here is an upgrade to the Mavic 2 Shoulder bag.  This bag is still VERY small, but large enough for more of your accessories, quick access to your accessories, tall enough to stand the M2P on its nose (and have better padding and space than the Mavic 2 Shoulder bag), better protection overall with much more padding, AND it costs $5 less than the M2 Shoulder bag.  I'm ordering this one for my portable bag.  After more options are brought to market for a hard case, I will order one of those for travel purposes.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... tal_Gadget_Bag.html[view_image]

You know, you can buy a cannon camera and Lens , pay 7/8 grand or more, your camera arrives in a cardboard box, inside the box your camera is wrapped in a plastic bag and your lens comes in a fiber cloth bag. And we complain when out drone arrives with a bag that is equipped to carry all you need and more to fly.
2018-9-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-19 10:14
You know, you can buy a cannon camera and Lens , pay 7/8 grand or more, your camera arrives in a cardboard box, inside the box your camera is wrapped in a plastic bag and your lens comes in a fiber cloth bag. And we complain when out drone arrives with a bag that is equipped to carry all you need and more to fly.

Hi Hallmark,

Well, FWIW, your example is a little off base.  You are saying that I could buy a camera and it includes no case.  The Mavic 2 Pro doesn't have a case either, the case you mention is an additional purchase, whether through the Flymore kit or individually.  I'm just saying that the case that you purchased isn't functional enough and doesn't offer enough protection.
2018-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-19 10:21
Hi Hallmark,

Well, FWIW, your example is a little off base.  You are saying that I could buy a camera and it includes no case.  The Mavic 2 Pro doesn't have a case either, the case you mention is an additional purchase, whether through the Flymore kit or individually.  I'm just saying that the case that you purchased isn't functional enough and doesn't offer enough protection.

Yes but your missing the point, this Camera drone is all about portability, and that is what you got with your combo, a portable bag and it’s a reasonable quality, I can tell you because the bag you posted while bigger than the one you get with M2P. It is of no better quality, as I own a similar cannon bag.
The other bag you posted above is crammed packed with lots of other stuff you need for flying, it must be said that if you needed a bag this size then you made a bit of a mistake with both researching and buying the bag.
My point being I think your being a bit unfair to both the practicality and the quality of the combo bag, it may not be for everybody but that’s very easy to see when making the purchase.
2018-9-19
Use props
simis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Latvia

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-18 12:56
Here is a less expensive car charger-
https://www.amazon.com/Accessories-DJI-Mavic-Pro-Car/dp/B07GYNSP46/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1537304111&sr=8-2&keywords=Accessories+for+DJI+Mavic+2+Pro%2FZoom+Battery+Car+Charger+5.5A+Output+with+Built+in+Safety+Cover

Thanks for info!!!
2018-9-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-19 10:37
Yes but your missing the point, this Camera drone is all about portability, and that is what you got with your combo, a portable bag and it’s a reasonable quality, I can tell you because the bag you posted while bigger than the one you get with M2P. It is of no better quality, as I own a similar cannon bag.
The other bag you posted above is crammed packed with lots of other stuff you need for flying, it must be said that if you needed a bag this size then you made a bit of a mistake with both researching and buying the bag.
My point being I think your being a bit unfair to both the practicality and the quality of the combo bag, it may not be for everybody but that’s very easy to see when making the purchase.

I guess the main thing is, DJI has released no specs whatsoever about the size of the bag.  I thought I purchased a small backpack, not a small lunchbox.  But it isn’t even that, a slightly larger bag provides many benefits as I have mentioned previously.

We most definitely don’t need to argue though.  All good Hallmark.  If the bag work for you, that’s great.  I’m just trying to warn others that it might not work for them, as well as to provide options.

Just trying to help.
2018-9-19
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-19 05:25
I still think the bag is decent... It's better then I was expecting it to me. I was expecting some bag made out of nylon and thing plastic bag like material that I would just toss in the garbage. I had no idea it cost $70 by itself though which after seeing that I do not think it's even remotely close to that price point... Once it's zipped up I can push on the area where the prop mount is and there is plenty of room the bag and the prop despite it looking like it sticks over before it's zipped up.  

Love my Springfield Saint (AR-Pistol)!
2018-9-20
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Zatx Posted at 2018-9-20 03:42
Love my Springfield Saint (AR-Pistol)!

I have the Saint Edge. For being a pre built rifle I am very impressed with it for sure... I am dying to try out the pistol though. I've heard they are a blast... pun intended
2018-9-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-18 12:42
No damage to props , just purchase this sleeve $7 . Fits into your bag like your hand fits into a glove.
[view_image][view_image]

Like this glove?
2018-9-20
Use props
lvK0bgqCXaWs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361 ft
Netherlands

II totally agree with the OP. The price is a joke and the bag is just a bit too small.
Myself I bought a CASELOGIC DSLR SHOULDER BAG TBC-409-BLACK. This one is really tailor made for the mavic 2 pro and it's costing new a 20-25 euro. I bought it secondhand like new and it costed me 5 euro ;-)  you can easily store 4 extra batteries on it.
And I could spend the savings on half a new battery.

2018-9-21
Use props
djiuser_OqTEJgBFzkAP
lvl.2
United States

Agree that the bag is too small.  I use mine for gear other than the drone itself, so I am getting good use out of it anyway.
2018-9-21
Use props
capedrone
New
United States

I completely agree with your review.
2018-9-21
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LOL...love the photo
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We thank you for sharing your thoughts and reviews about this. Should you have further concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

With all respect to DJI.  Clearly some people are just fine with the Mavic 2 Pro Shoulder bag.  I just think it should be slightly larger and have more padding.  To that end, I just made this purchase from Amazon for $59.  Larger than the Mavic Pro shoulder bag, but still very small and easy to handle.  It has room for tablet, sun shade, more accessories, better protection.  Not only is it $20 cheaper than the M2PSB, it also includes a removable and customizable harness system so you can use the backpack straps, or a shoulder strap, or a cross strap. It also comes with a rain sleeve to cover the bag if you are in harsher weather.  This bag is customizable, portable, well padded, has room for all of your gadgets, and has easy access to everything without having to stack it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... Y66B9Z20KFP36SS5FAE
I found this bag in a review video of the current Mavic 2 Pro bag options.

2018-9-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just sharing.  Something to keep in mind for the pros out there.  
In addition to the soft case/backpak that I bought (in the post just above), I wiped the dust off of my  "Pelican Storm im2300" hard case (about the size of a thick brief case), and bought a set of TrekPak inserts for the case (as shown).  The 2300 is a great size for fliers who want to keep all of your accessories in one place while protecting the investment from crushes and rough handling.  It is a perfect thickness for the M2P to lay comfortably on its side.
The picture shows my "Case-In-Progress" that I'm building.  (The only thing missing is that I am going to add recessed dividers (1/2 inch shorter than the existing dividers) in the large center section in the form of a cross, which will give me a four additional compartments.  Then my iPad Mini will lay on top of that "cross" and will be flush to the top of the dividers so it is held securely when the lid is closed.)
This case isn't super cheap, but since it is carrying about $2,500 worth of fragile equipment, totally worth it.  Especially if you are like me and constantly have a SUV full of heavy equipment.

This case is small and light enough (even packed with the drone equpment) that it is no big deal if I have to carry it to a location.  No problem at all if you want to carry this on to a plane.  Obviously not as convenient for a hike as the soft bag/backpack.  But for day to day work, it is perfect.  Good protection, all accessories in place, and exellent access to everything.

A new Storm im2300 case and the Trekpak divider system (sold separately) will run you about $196.  Note that I spent an additional $24 for an extra divider (in the picture) and the cross dividers which are being shipped, as well as extra pins to connect the dividers.
Link to the empty 2300 case
Link to the TrekPak system

You can also opt to buy the 2300 with Pelicans VERY nicely padded divider system for about $145
Here is a link to the im2300 with the soft divider system
Obvously this is an expensive addition, but for the pros who know how important it is to protect our investment, this is a great option.

2018-9-27
Use props
fansf375c2d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95187 ft
United States

Hi all,

Has anyone tried putting an MP1 in an M2P bag?
I have the MP1, only, and I really like the MP1 bag. However, it is tight, usable, but tight.
I've seen the M2P bag for as low as $39. I'm considering buying the M2P bag for use with the MP1. I think the larger dimensions of the M2P bag will suit the MP1 well.
Before I buy, I thought I'd ask if anyone who has the MP1 drone and the M2P bag, if they would check to see if this combination works well.

thanks
2019-4-30
Use props
fans799afcf3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fansf375c2d4 Posted at 4-30 16:06
Hi all,

Has anyone tried putting an MP1 in an M2P bag?

I have both MP1 and MP2.
Of course, MP1 can fit into MP2 bag nicely. But .... unlike the MP2, the sticks on MP1 controller can not be removed, so it would be a bit awkward to put the MP1 controller into MP2 bag.  
2019-5-1
Use props
fansf375c2d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95187 ft
United States

fans799afcf3 Posted at 5-1 10:10
I have both MP1 and MP2.
Of course, MP1 can fit into MP2 bag nicely. But .... unlike the MP2, the sticks on MP1 controller can not be removed, so it would be a bit awkward to put the MP1 controller into MP2 bag.

Thank you for taking the time to reply
2019-5-1
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-18 11:36
I was surprised at how much nicer the bag was than I was expecting. I had no problems fitting the spare props, my M2P with props on, 3 batteries, controller and the car charger inside of it at all.

Same here: I only use it when I do not have to carry a lot of additional gear.  It fits the drone with props on and 2 batteries and car charger just fine.  When I carry additional gear I have a drone backpack that also has space for my laptop and all of the mavic 2 pro accessories.  
2019-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules