Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EXP and sensitivity settings ignored in APAS mode?
1590 15 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hgeurtsen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1218196 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is it by design that the EXP and sensitivity settings are ignored in APAS mode? I have modified these settings to get smooth and precise flight control, but I notice that when APAS is activated, the air craft responds to roll and pitch stick momvements much more aggressively then with APAS disabled. While you cannot set the EXP settings for APAS mode seperately, like you can for Sport and Tripod mode?
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask on what specific drone this issue will occur? Does the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air do the same thing during APAS mode? Please let us know for further help. Thank you.
2018-9-19
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-19 14:08
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask on what specific drone this issue will occur? Does the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air do the same thing during APAS mode? Please let us know for further help. Thank you.

This happens on a Mavic 2 Zoom. I don’t know whether this also occurs on the Mavic Air. I am no longer in posession of that type of DJI drone.
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hgeurtsen Posted at 2018-9-19 21:12
This happens on a Mavic 2 Zoom. I don’t know whether this also occurs on the Mavic Air. I am no longer in posession of that type of DJI drone.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. We will clarify this concern with our engineers if could possibly mimic this issue. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-9-23
Use props
tdcsf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100833 ft
United States

I also see the same issue with the Mavic 2 Pro.  If you set the EXP and Sensitivity lower for better control, as soon as you tap APAS, the controls go back to the super responsive settings.
2018-10-31
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My guess if yes, back to default.

if the settings are set so smooth the APAS action needs more time to see the effect...as it is programmed using default values think DJI use default for APAS.

hard to develop APAS actions with so many different settings...

Just my 2 cents

cheers
JJB
2018-11-1
Use props
tdcsf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100833 ft
United States

JJBspark Posted at 11-1 02:14

if the settings are set so smooth the APAS action needs more time to see the effect...as it is programmed using default values think DJI use default for APAS.

Seems like a bug.  Obstacle avoidance has to do with the speed of the drone, not how quickly it responds to changes on a given spot on the joystick.  Those controls don't change the possible accelerations, they just change how far you need to move the control.

Can DJI confirm that they see this as an issue?
2018-11-1
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

tdcsf Posted at 11-1 10:05
Seems like a bug.  Obstacle avoidance has to do with the speed of the drone, not how quickly it responds to changes on a given spot on the joystick.  Those controls don't change the possible accelerations, they just change how far you need to move the control.

Can DJI confirm that they see this as an issue?

mayby yes, mayby no...
If APAS uses the same alghorithm to act on seeing an obstacle as a OP using stick input...(with settings smoothed-out)

oke, let`s wait for DJI to give the correct answer.

cheers
JJB

2018-11-1
Use props
MacDeiv
New
Italy

Same problem here. On my Mavic 2 Pro today i see that with APAS activate my drone by-pass EXP and sensitivity settings.
2019-1-18
Use props
toroh
lvl.1
United States

I also have the same problem. My Mavic 2 turns into a bullet as soon as I enable APAS.

This has to be a Bug! It accelerates just as fast as if it was in Sport mode. I haven't dared to try to see if it actually avoids anything, it doesn't feel like it will have time to.

My Mavic 2 zoom's controller came from the factory with the Sport mode setting. I didn't know this, I went through all the firmware updates of drone + controller with it in Sport mode, I hope that helps diagnose the issue.
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

I’m happy to see I wasn’t imagining things! I have the Mavic 2 Pro, and same thing, I’ve dampened the responsiveness of my control sticks in the EXP settings of GO 4, and it works fantastic, but whenever I enable APAS, the drone becomes super sensitive to all inputs! On some occasions, I found those settings lingered on after exiting APAS mode, but not always! So I suspect this is a bug with either the drone FW or the app, perhaps both...
2019-2-18
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-11-1 02:14

Seems like the most possible solution. I have tested several expo settings and it seems to default to either P mode or cinematic with the apas active
2019-2-18
Use props
toroh
lvl.1
United States

So here's what's happening I think

1) APAS has it's own EXP/GAIN settings and you cannot modify them
2) There is a BUG where APAS ends up with EXP/GAIN settings from SPORT MODE

I tried these things, but nothing helped:
*) reflash firmware
*) reinstal dji go 4 app
*) Restore factory settings from DJI Assistant 2, (NOT DJI Assistant 2 mavic because the button is missing there)

2019-2-19
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

What is APAS?

APAS: Advanced Power Assistance System

It's a feature only in Mavic Air & Mavic 2 drones.
2019-2-19
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2-19 08:25
What is APAS?

APAS: Advanced Power Assistance System

APAS = Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems. It has nothing to do with power.
2019-2-19
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

hgeurtsen Posted at 2-19 11:00
APAS = Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems. It has nothing to do with power.

Thanks for correcting.
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules