Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibrating the Vision System of Mavic 2
9180 12 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cammot53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115827 ft
United States

Is it necassary to calibrate the vision system of Mavic 2 before flying it for the first time ?.  What are risks if its not done ?  How difficult is it to do.  Thanks.
2018-9-18
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should not  have to calibrate the vision system out of the box. While it wouldn't hurt anything to do it anyhow, it'll likely be nothing more than a waste of time if DJI GO is not prompting you to calibrate it.
2018-9-18
Use props
cammot53
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-18 17:12
You should not  have to calibrate the vision system out of the box. While it wouldn't hurt anything to do it anyhow, it'll likely be nothing more than a waste of time if DJI GO is not prompting you to calibrate it.

Thanks - BTW, where do I find the download for the 'DJI assistant 2' for Mac
2018-9-18
Use props
cammot53
lvl.2
United States

What about 'Calibrate the IMU' straight put of the box.  Is this necessary ?
Thanks
2018-9-18
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cammot53 Posted at 2018-9-18 17:25
What about 'Calibrate the IMU' straight put of the box.  Is this necessary ?
Thanks

You shouldn't have to calibrate the IMU either.
2018-9-18
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cammot53 Posted at 2018-9-18 17:14
Thanks - BTW, where do I find the download for the 'DJI assistant 2' for Mac

You can download it here:
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. In regards with calibrating the Vision Sensors, it is not required to do when flying the drone for the first time. You may do it once the app told you to do so. You may refer to this tutorial:
2018-9-19
Use props
djiuser_dyQ9qh0yN0xF
New

India

Hi,

I am using Mavic 2 Pro since few months ago and doing outdoor capturing, where I didn't face any problem of Obstacle.
Recently I have started shooting indoor shoot where I have came across few difficulties like,
There is a loud sound of obstacle, aircraft move aside instead being steady.
So I would like to ask you for a solution whether I have to disable Obstacle option, or calibrate IMU or with Assistant...?
If Calibration is required than, how frequently its required to calibrate...?
Kindly guide me.

Thanks & regards,
Raj.
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_HoGh73hJZcrN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16804 ft
Greece

I can safely fly the same with this one
2019-7-16
Use props
Phillip_Boucher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416083 ft
Sweden

Hi Guys
I have recently received this error vision system needs calibration on my mavic 2 zoom controller.
I have followed all of the advise I can find including changing the monitor on the pc for a 23" one and also refreshing the firmware in the drone with the latest release.
But every time I have been through the process it fails.
It shows all of the screens with the dots and I have followed this religiously then it shows the screen where it calculates the calibration then just shows failed.
I have now trying this at 1080p and also 1600 x 90 resolution but still fails.
I have also tried with another pc using windows 7 but still fails..... Grrr

Please help I am going mad with this.

2019-7-24
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Phillip_Boucher Posted at 7-24 01:53
Hi Guys
I have recently received this error vision system needs calibration on my mavic 2 zoom controller.
I have followed all of the advise I can find including changing the monitor on the pc for a 23" one and also refreshing the firmware in the drone with the latest release.

DJI does NOT care about this problem. they just want your money!  this is a FACT! otherwise I wouldn't have to spend hours of my time finding a compatible computer! if you need help getting back at DJI... send me a PM because they really don't care!!!!
2019-7-24
Use props
David Yee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 996572 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-19 04:50
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. In regards with calibrating the Vision Sensors, it is not required to do when flying the drone for the first time. You may do it once the app told you to do so. You may refer to this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mum2h31g2pc

It made a difference when I went from a desktop computer with flat monitor to my laptop with a USB3 connection.   On the desktop, I was unable to get to the 3rd blue rectangle.   It would kick back an error and I had to start over.   When I went to the laptop, I had no issues.   If it's not working for you, try a different computer.   Good Luck.
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

David Yee Posted at 11-26 18:43
It made a difference when I went from a desktop computer with flat monitor to my laptop with a USB3 connection.   On the desktop, I was unable to get to the 3rd blue rectangle.   It would kick back an error and I had to start over.   When I went to the laptop, I had no issues.   If it's not working for you, try a different computer.   Good Luck.

Hello, there. May we confirm your issue has been resolved after changing a computer?
2023-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules