o(^-^)o
Harvey Paran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347707 ft
Philippines

Hello, Guys!

I bought the DJi Spark Fly More Combo.
So far it's okay.

Question is, what's the max distance on this?
I've got the OTG cable connecting my iPhone 8 to the controller.
I've also got the antenna extender things.

Realistically speaking, how far can this go?

I've been watching tons of YouTube videos and usually, it's from Europe/US.

Not many videos of the Spark in the Philippines.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Harvey.
2018-9-18
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Harvey,

As usually the answer is "it depends"

Now, RF communication is bit like voodoo. There are so many things that affect RF link performance, so it is really hard to tell. One needs to consider: other 2,4 GHz and 5,8 GHz transmitters (phones, Bluetooth, spy cams...) and the power they use, transmission power of own equipment (CE or FCC, whichever is valid in the Philippines), obstacles and reflections (very important), correct setup of R/C antennas with respect to the flying Sparky, phone performance, and so on...

In CE mode you can expect to get a 500 m range on an open field without any interference and on OTG cable, on FCC it is much larger due to higher transmission power.

However, that is not really an issue as long as you want to perform safe flights. Sparky isn't really visible in 500 m of distance, not talking about seeing its orientation. Sparky's firmware seems to have flyaway issues, so it is safer to stay close enough to pilot the bird back home should  it drop to ATTI mode. There are lots of posts about that in this forum.

I have no idea about drone flying rules at the Philippines, though :-)

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-19
Use props
Harvey Paran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347707 ft
Philippines

Wolferl Posted at 2018-9-19 00:55
Hi Harvey,

As usually the answer is "it depends"

Thanks for the response, Wolferl!

FCC isn't available here in the Philippines.

I've seen videos saying you need to fool the Spark into thinking you're in Europe by using an app.

This is something I definitely will not try since it does sound Illegal.

Seeing other Users here with the Mavic and Phantom series gets me down due to the way better performance over my Spark.

I'm still saving up for the Mavic Air as that's the drone I'm likely to stick to for life.

Thanks again good Sir.

Harvey.
2018-9-19
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Harvey Paran Posted at 2018-9-19 01:13
Thanks for the response, Wolferl!

FCC isn't available here in the Philippines.

Hi Harvey,

You're welcome!
Just to clarify, you definitely don't want to fool your bird into CE mode, because thats the one with the weakest transmission power!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-19
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Hi Harvey,,, bit too soon to be concerned about distance,, rather spend time learning your drone with it flying close to you,, (VLOS),, too many reports of Drone flyaways with beginners on the control.. Compass errors, yaw errors, magnetic interference,, Atti Mode, wind velocity,,, read up and learn about these issues, practice flying and then consider distance..
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. In the Philippines, usually when you see it in the Image transmission, it will be under CE mode. But there will be times that it will turn into FCC mode depending on the location and that is actually normal since that will depends in the radio signal frequency that your remote and aircraft occurs. But anyways, when you're under CE mode and using 2.46 Ghz, the max is 500 m and for FCC, it's 2 km. If you're using 5.8 Ghz under CE mode, it's 300m and if it's FCC, it's 2km.
2018-9-19
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-19 02:59
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. In the Philippines, usually when you see it in the Image transmission, it will be under CE mode. But there will be times that it will turn into FCC mode depending on the location and that is actually normal since that will depends in the radio signal frequency that your remote and aircraft occurs. But anyways, when you're under CE mode and using 2.46 Ghz, the max is 500 m and for FCC, it's 2 km. If you're using 5.8 Ghz under CE mode, it's 300m and if it's FCC, it's 2km.

Thank you so much for the clarification!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Wolferl Posted at 2018-9-19 11:03
Thank you so much for the clarification!

Cheers,

You're very much welcome. Please let us know if you still need more help.
2018-9-20
Use props
Ariel Balderama Guianan
New

Philippines

Hello guys.
Patulong naman.

Nag record kasi ako ng video.
Nagtataka lang ako kung bakit yung ibang video
Walang option na
"download original video"

Pano ba yun, yung iba meron naman
2019-4-14
Use props
djiuser_PLcqRY0lk2RF
lvl.1
United States

Will the mavic mini fcc be compatible in the Philippines? Basically, would I be able to fly in fcc mode or does it auto switches to ce mode if that's even possible? Thanks
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules