1895 18 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Go v4.3.2 was released on iOS, but I can't get any of the new features to work.  Can you?

On the plus side, it seems to work fine with iOS12

2018-9-19
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I have an idea. Why not ask in the other threads already started here.
2018-9-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-9-19 06:15
I have an idea. Why not ask in the other threads already started here.

That would certainly be one way to go about it.  Should I post the same information about my experience with it not working in all 15 of those other threads?  That seems to be a bit redundant (and probably spammish) to me.

Or I could create a post with a very specific title about my experience so that forum readers don't have to trudge through 15 different threads trying to find specific information.  
2018-9-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have opened a ticket with DJI's online support team to find out if a new firmware will be necessary to make the new features work or if there is some other problem.  I will provide an update once I hear back any details.
2018-9-19
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-19 06:32
That would certainly be one way to go about it.  Should I post the same information about my experience with it not working in all 15 of those other threads?  That seems to be a bit redundant (and probably spammish) to me.

Or I could create a post with a very specific title about my experience so that forum readers don't have to trudge through 15 different threads trying to find specific information.

You've been around here long enough so why make it 16? I don't run the place obviously but like i said, you've been around here long enough
2018-9-19
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-19 07:23
I have opened a ticket with DJI's online support team to find out if a new firmware will be necessary to make the new features work or if there is some other problem.  I will provide an update once I hear back any details.

Good for you!
2018-9-19
Use props
Andrejs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

For me color profile while shooting D-LOG working. I can see difference, but I have focus problem.
I made thread about it:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-166960-1-1.html
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for bringing this up and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience, I will forward this concern to our developer for us to have the feedback and answer about this, Then once I have the answer will get back here, and again we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks!
2018-9-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-9-19 07:24
You've been around here long enough so why make it 16? I don't run the place obviously but like i said, you've been around here long enough

And he’s provided far more help then any of your continuous salty comments.  Don’t want to read it don’t click on it.
2018-9-19
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-9-19 13:48
And he’s provided far more help then any of your continuous salty comments.  Don’t want to read it don’t click on it.

I don't think you have a ticket on this train so go away green with envy person.
2018-9-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-9-19 14:01
I don't think you have a ticket on this train so go away green with envy person.

Man, that’s terribly clever... you must be part 107.
2018-9-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-19 11:46
Hi there, thank you for bringing this up and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience, I will forward this concern to our developer for us to have the feedback and answer about this, Then once I have the answer will get back here, and again we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks!

Thanks DJI Stephen!  Looking forward to hearing what might be going on.  From what I'm hearing, the 2 hyperlapse issue are pretty much a problem for everybody.  I have seen some people reporting that the vivid live view display does work for them, but as you can see from the video, it doesn't appear to do anything for me.
2018-9-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Informative vid KG - looks like the new FW related is designed for IOS12
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-19 20:58
Thanks DJI Stephen!  Looking forward to hearing what might be going on.  From what I'm hearing, the 2 hyperlapse issue are pretty much a problem for everybody.  I have seen some people reporting that the vivid live view display does work for them, but as you can see from the video, it doesn't appear to do anything for me.

Hi @KlooGee, Thank you for being understanding, I already have an answer from our developer that the new feature being added on the App needs a new firmware update as well meaning there will be an upcoming firmware update, However. As of the moment, I don't have any information yet when it will be released. Please pay attention to the latest firmware release. Thanks!
2018-9-20
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-20 09:04
Hi @KlooGee, Thank you for being understanding, I already have an answer from our developer that the new feature being added on the App needs a new firmware update as well meaning there will be an upcoming firmware update, However. As of the moment, I don't have any information yet when it will be released. Please pay attention to the latest firmware release. Thanks!

Thanks for following up on this Stephen.  I would recommend that you pass along feedback to the appropriate parties that this information should be communicated in the release notes for the app.

I think it would also be good to pass along to the appropriate teams that if something requires a specific firmware version, then the code should check for that version before displaying that feature.  This feedback applies to the speed change for hyperlapse.  

Thanks again for following up.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-20 09:13
Thanks for following up on this Stephen.  I would recommend that you pass along feedback to the appropriate parties that this information should be communicated in the release notes for the app.

I think it would also be good to pass along to the appropriate teams that if something requires a specific firmware version, then the code should check for that version before displaying that feature.  This feedback applies to the speed change for hyperlapse.  

Appreciated! No worries this issue or concern already escalated to the right team for them to work it out and that's why this feature needed a firmware update. and again we're very sorry for some inconvenience about this. If you have any concern or question feel free to reach us back. Cheers!
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Forum admin
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, please check the email and reply as soon as possible. Thanks!
2018-9-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Forum admin Posted at 2018-9-24 18:29
Hi, please check the email and reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

Got it and replied.
2018-9-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative, Thanks for sharing
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced