Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your Phantom (The Complete Guide)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I compiled all of my best DJI drone tips into a guide that will help you prevent a crash or flyaway with your DJI Phantom. If you follow the advice in this guide, you will learn many tips for flying safely and will greatly reduce the chance of a flyaway or crash.

Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your DJI Drone (The Complete Guide)

Do you know anyone that flies DJI drones? If so, please share this guide with them. Also, feel free to share it in any forums, Facebook groups, or other DJI drone related places you frequent online.
2018-9-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Great information, msinger.  Thanks for making this available!
2018-9-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Thanks for share !!
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing this tips to prevent flyway cases. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Thank you, Mike.

Great Post.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-19
Use props
Sam Drucker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 426375 ft

Nice work !
2018-9-19
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you all

If anyone reading along has any helpful tips, please feel free to share them below.
2018-9-19
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

msinger Posted at 2018-9-19 10:45
Thank you all

If anyone reading along has any helpful tips, please feel free to share them below.

Thanks msinger ive copied the url to all my fb pages.
I hope it helps some people
2018-9-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Another immeasurable contribution to the global DJI drone community - thank-you sir.
2018-9-19
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-9-19 12:29
Thanks msinger ive copied the url to all my fb pages.
I hope it helps some people

Thank you for sharing. I really do appreciate it!
2018-9-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great guide, perhaps it should be Minimizing not Prevent?
2018-9-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent work!   
2018-9-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-9-19 20:27

I've never had a fly away.  I like the word Prevent.  MHO
2018-9-20
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-9-19 20:27

99% (or more) of the people I've seen involved in crashes or flyaways have not followed at least one piece of advice in this guide. So, prevent is probably quite appropriate in this case.
2018-9-20
Use props
TheLazyC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1256995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good info, nothing new learned, which I guess is a good thing. Did cost me some money though....I ordered a couple Firehouse Arc II CREE Strobes, not sure if I will mount or not, but will see. I also created me a new DecalGirl skin.
2018-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-9-20 05:16
99% (or more) of the people I've seen involved in crashes or flyaways have not followed at least one piece of advice in this guide. So, prevent is probably quite appropriate in this case.

99% (or more) of the people I've seen involved in crashes or flyaways have not followed at least one piece of advice in this guide. So, prevent is probably quite appropriate in this case

Its that 1 percent,  youve you given the reason why it should be ''Minimising'' and not ''Prevent''.

It was only a suggestion, i just felt the word ''Prevent'' implies that if you follow the guide you will never get a fly away, but thats not strictly true, theres always electronic or software issues that could cause a ''fly away''. hence why i felt,  Minimising the risk of a crash or a flyaway......... is more apt.
2018-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-9-20 05:16

99% (or more) of the people I've seen involved in crashes or flyaways have not followed at least one piece of advice in this guide. So, prevent is probably quite appropriate in this caseIts that 1 percent,  youve you given the reason why it should be ''Minimising'' and not ''Prevent''.

It was only a suggestion, i just felt the word ''Prevent'' implies that if you follow the guide you will never get a fly away, but thats not strictly true, theres always electronic or software issues that could cause a ''fly away''. hence why i felt,  Minimising the risk of a crash or a flyaway......... is more apt.

2018-9-20
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Flying regularly in ATTI mode with light winds is the best practice against GPS stabilisation degradation, it will open your eyes in so many ways:

- You will pay more attention to wind direction and speed.
- You will choose more wisely your landin spot.
- You will learn "to do things into the wind" like the big boys do, particularly takeoff and landing, even in GPS mode.
- You will realise how dangerous a strong wind could be.
- You will plan for the wind.
- You will learn a good deal of panic control.
- You will improve your situational awareness: where are you, where is the drone, what is the wind direction, what the recovery bearing must be.
- You will likely end getting yourself one of these.
2018-9-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-9-20 20:03
99% (or more) of the people I've seen involved in crashes or flyaways have not followed at least one piece of advice in this guide. So, prevent is probably quite appropriate in this case

We're really dissecting the intricacies of language, aren't we?  :-)  

If the title was "Prevent All Flyaways" you might have somewhat of a point.  

But the title is "Prevent A Flyaway" which is to say "prevent one flyaway" which is the one which would have happened if the checks weren't done per the guide.  

Good luck
2018-9-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-9-20 20:03
99% (or more) of the people I've seen involved in crashes or flyaways have not followed at least one piece of advice in this guide. So, prevent is probably quite appropriate in this caseIts that 1 percent,  youve you given the reason why it should be ''Minimising'' and not ''Prevent''.

It was only a suggestion, i just felt the word ''Prevent'' implies that if you follow the guide you will never get a fly away, but thats not strictly true, theres always electronic or software issues that could cause a ''fly away''. hence why i felt,  Minimising the risk of a crash or a flyaway......... is more apt.

Thank you for sharing your constructive criticism. Here's to hoping most people will be able to get by the title and enjoy the helpful tips on the inside.
2018-9-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey, my bad for expressing concern, and that is all it was, concern,  as you can be sued for most things nowadays.

Mark, you read that title wrong then, its prevent a crash or flyaway, not a flyaway or crash.

But please,  do forgive one for having an opinion on a public forum.
2018-9-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I made some changes to allow this guide to be cleanly printed or saved as a PDF. When printing it from your web browser, change the destination to PDF to save it as a PDF instead of printing it. For example, this is where that option is set in Chrome:

2019-1-9
Use props
JimStay
New

Ukraine

This is very useful information for me. Thank you very much!
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules