Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom flying in wrong direction
3344 14 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filmworx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've noticed a few times recently when I've had my phantom hovering in front of me, say 100 feet up that when I push the stick to move it forwards,  it actually fly's 45 degrees to the side instead.  It's almost as if it's in ATTI mode and being affected by the wind, but it's not, it's in GPS. It seems to only happen when I go forwards. Any ideas, it's starting to make me nervous to fly?!
The transmitter is at the 'p' position by the way.
2015-5-30
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Do you have ioc turned on?
2015-5-30
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-30
Use props
filmworx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know the only way to turn IOC on is to flip the transmitter switch to 'f' but I haven't, I've got it at 'p'.

What makes it even more weird is that this only happens sometimes,  it's not every time I push forwards.

I'll try a compass calibration again but would be interested to hear if this has happened to anybody else?
2015-5-30
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

filmworx Posted at 2015-5-31 07:07
As far as I know the only way to turn IOC on is to flip the transmitter switch to 'f' but I haven't, ...

Have you calibrated the IMU on a known flat surface? Rest all settings first and then do it. It doesn't list it in the instructions but I had an issue with uneven power on left and right movements of right stick which I didn't notice because the GPS is so badass. In the P2 they would apparently drift if they weren't calibrated right and it would be noticeable, but it's not on these.It might make a difference. Either that or one of the other calibrations in the menus, like RC Calibration in the 2nd tab down. You can only do it when the P3 isn't connected, but that's where the stick inputs are defined.
2015-5-30
Use props
mswall
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I've never seen my P3A do that in "P" mode.  I really can't even guess what could cause this.
2015-5-31
Use props
tracieandantoni
lvl.1

United States

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-6-1 01:19
I've never seen my P3A do that in "P" mode.  I really can't even guess what could cause this.

Beware. There has been 3 reported cases of the P3's hovering and then going haywire and coming crashing to the ground and I'm one of them. I was flying yesterday and was staring my approach back home when all of sudden the drones starts rocking back and forth side to side and crash landed the next block over. You can check out the thread on PhantomPilots.com and look up Phantom 3 malfunction and crash. Myself and two other pilots had the drone do the same exact incident happen to them and we all recorded our flight data from DJI's app to prove what our drones did, all videos look very similar. As all were at hover , over 100' in the air when all of sudden they go into a death spiral. Just wanted to give you a heads up on what happened to me and two others and I have a feeling we are not the only people it's happens to. So if this is an issue that more people will use DJI's app and flight data to prove there is a problem
2015-5-31
Use props
BRENT1956
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3686975 ft
United States

My P3P did this to me after I switched to a ipad mini 4 with cellular/wifi, never did it for over 85 flights on my Android device. If I sent it forward it went 45 degrees left, and backwards 45 degrees right, very weid behavior, I was in "P" Mode and had all satelittes (14) I switched it to atti mode the back to P mode and it finally flew correctly, has be boggled!, yes I did do calibration and imu.
2015-10-3
Use props
ag0n
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

RC calibration done?
2015-10-3
Use props
mathanguna

India

that s known bug of 1.4 firmware
2015-10-4
Use props
mathanguna

India

that s known bug of 1.4 firmware
2015-10-4
Use props
mathanguna

India

that is known bug f 1.4 firmware
2015-10-4
Use props
gider
New

Netherlands

mathanguna Posted at 2015-10-4 19:23
that is known bug f 1.4 firmware

HI, have same problem,
when hovering near me and i give stick command  " backwards" the phantom goes "to the right"  i dont panic let him hover and few seconds later its normal like it never happend. (p-mode)
as FILMWORKS says  its like it is in atti mode ad drifts with the wind, only its NOT in atti bud in p-mode.
everything ic calibrated and checked...

also notice 2 time wen hovering 50 meter away and the give stick command "forward" it wants to go fast back for 1 second befor going forward (making fast back forward movement, kind of sceary to see like it wants to make a flip ;-)
till now al went ok, my advice dont panic ;-) let stick lose , let it hover try, to slowly take control, wait until its normal.

got a little scare flying it.

hope it wil go away in next update

ps: sorry for bad englisch ;-)
2015-10-11
Use props
pureaerial
New

Indonesia

hallo..
i've same problem with gider
i've all calibration (imu twice, rc more than twice, compass before flight), but still drifting if i make a movements commands.
any advice?

regard
2015-10-12
Use props
Shoumard
New

United States

my P3s will go up when I pull the stick down. This happens about 2 mins into the flight. The thing wont land unless I press home. Yesterday it wouldnt go backwards
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules