Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ipad overheated, RTH Ignored
727 8 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Croshky
lvl.1

Just now, flying over my house in Las Vegas, my Ipad showed an over heat indication and shut down. I immediately hit RTH on the remote but it ignored it and set straight down on my roof and slid under a solar panel. While I am grateful that it didn't fly away, shouldn't it have RTHed? I'm trying to develop some confidence in this drone as I have had a flyaway experience with a Parrot product. Can anyone explain this?

2018-9-19
Use props
Squashpile
Second Officer
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Too close to RTH? If only so many meters it will just land.
2018-9-19
Use props
Ridg
First Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

"if the aircraft is less than 5m from the Home Point it lands immediately"

You say you were over your home, so where you less than 5m from the recorded home point?

If you were more than 5m then consider posting the logs up for people to have a look through.

If you're new to DJI products then might be worth reading through the manual, specifically the bits that details autonomous behavior e.g. return to home, flight modes and precision landing
2018-9-19
Use props
Croshky
lvl.1

Thank you all, I was very close to RTH and I should have studied every situation that could possibly arise regarding RTH especially something as obvious as this specifically the bits that detail autonomous behavior e.g. return to home, flight modes and precision landing.
2018-9-19
Use props
Henrijs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

If your ipad shut down, you can manualy fly home and land your drone, because controler are still conected to your drone. You chose wrong comand, because you were to close to home point.
2018-9-19
Use props
Croshky
lvl.1

Henrijs Posted at 2018-9-19 13:13
If your ipad shut down, you can manualy fly home and land your drone, because controler are still conected to your drone. You chose wrong comand, because you were to close to home point.

Thank you very much, I will try to remain more calm next time.
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry for the trouble caused. Please make sure that your Aircraft is above 5 m when using RTH. If the Aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point it lands immediately. You may also check the attached image below for more information. Thank you.

2018-9-19
Use props
Croshky
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-19 13:17
Hi there. Sorry for the trouble caused. Please make sure that your Aircraft is above 5 m when using RTH. If the Aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point it lands immediately. You may also check the attached image below for more information. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you very much, I am nothing but impressed with this Forum. Responses are quick and informed,well done.
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Croshky Posted at 2018-9-19 13:21
Thank you very much, I am nothing but impressed with this Forum. Responses are quick and informed,well done.

You're most welcome. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules