Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak Mobile Device GPS signal. Cannot Acquire Location info.
123Next >
14689 94 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaswrx
lvl.3

Okay, I have tried everything.  Multiple devices, checked all location settings, uninstalling/installing, etc. etc...  This is clearly a bug in the app, and it does not allow me to use my drone in many situations.

I almost lost my drone the other week, when I went to update my home point after traveling 40 meters and got the message, Weak Mobile Device GPS signal. Cannot Acquire Location info. I had to rush back to the location...

Think boat, or anywhere you are moving once the drone has taken flight.

How can DJI get away with this? This must be fixed!  I am pretty much being forced to sell if this cannot be resolved.

I called tech support to no avail.

Anyone?!?
2018-9-19
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

What device have you tested? Was it in flight mode?
Is location turned on on your device?
2018-9-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

if trying to update location via phone, your phone has to have lock on satellites not just location info..
2018-9-19
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

I have tested 3 Apple devices now.  It does it regardless if in a flight mode or not.  Yes, location is turned on.  

This problem is relatively new, and I didn't know of the problem, until I went to use it as I normally do, and BAM, panic mode!  In a boat, I had to paddle back as fast as I could with 6 minutes until battery.

After looking around, it appears this is a HUGE problem and many many people are experiencing this.
2018-9-19
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-19 17:30
if trying to update location via phone, your phone has to have lock on satellites not just location info..

Satellites having nothing to do with this as this is not a drone GPS issue.  This is regarding mobile device problem as I am updating the Home point to the controller/device (not where it took off).  It's as if my GPS in my Apple devices are not working...

Either way, I almost always have 10-18...
2018-9-19
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Iceland

jaswrx Posted at 2018-9-19 17:39
Satellites having nothing to do with this as this is not a drone GPS issue.  This is regarding mobile device problem as I am updating the Home point to the controller/device (not where it took off).  It's as if my GPS in my Apple devices are not working...

Either way, I almost always have 10-18...

What this message is telling is that your location is not accurate.
If it's not within 10 meters or less this Weak GPS signal message is displayed.
There is an app GPS Status which can help you to find what your device really use.
Be sure to set the location on your device to Device only as that is the only location Dji drone use in this case.
2018-9-19
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

G_Sig Posted at 2018-9-19 18:36
What this message is telling is that your location is not accurate.
If it's not within 10 meters or less this Weak GPS signal message is displayed.
There is an app GPS Status which can help you to find what your device really use.

no, not true at all.  It. does this even in my house.

I used this feature all the time last year, and then it suddenly stopped working.  

It's a bug, and there several people talking about it online....
2018-9-19
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

That is a bug from DJI Go 4 app for iOS, even device's GPS work correctly but always appear weak GPS and unable to set home point from RC. For Android device, it works good. Did you try on latest DJI Go 4 have just released?
2018-9-19
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-19 20:31
That is a bug from DJI Go 4 app for iOS, even device's GPS work correctly but always appear weak GPS and unable to set home point from RC. For Android device, it works good. Did you try on latest DJI Go 4 have just released?

I did today as I uninstalled the app, and reinstalled it, and the problem still exists which means DJI is ignoring the issue as it has been well over a month since the issue.

I am moments away from selling this thing.  I have gigs booked where I need it to work, and frankly, this is unacceptable.  I assume this is not a problem with the new Mavic?
2018-9-19
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

where else on here have you seen people with the same problem?
2018-9-19
Use props
pjollain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106093 ft
Luxembourg

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-19 23:10
where else on here have you seen people with the same problem?

I was about to ask the same question... I read this forum at least 2 hours per day since the last 3 weeks, and never heard about this issue.
2018-9-19
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Iceland

jaswrx Posted at 2018-9-19 20:14

I used this feature all the time last year, and then it suddenly stopped working.  

Have you rolled back the app to find when it changed.
If it's bug it will bee the same for all Apple devices which it is not.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165733&page=1#pid1575139
It is normal that it don't work in your house as it is satellite signal.
It is the same satellite signal as your drone use just picked up by your device.
2018-9-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

pjollain Posted at 2018-9-19 23:37
I was about to ask the same question... I read this forum at least 2 hours per day since the last 3 weeks, and never heard about this issue.

baffling hey pjollain
2018-9-20
Use props
pjollain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106093 ft
France

2018-9-20
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

G_Sig Posted at 2018-9-20 03:03
Have you rolled back the app to find when it changed.
If it's bug it will bee the same for all Apple devices which it is not.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165733&page=1#pid1575139
You are not understanding the problem at all.  It has zero to do with the drone it self and the satellites.

This is a GPS problem related to the RC/Mobile Device, and occurs on all Apple Devices.  It's NOT the same satellite the DJI drone connects to as satellites don't play a role here.  I am talking about updating the Home point which does not use any satellites.   It has nothing to do with inside vs outside.  Any Apple device that has GPS should work as this feature uses the device, not the drone or a satellite to update the home point.

As said above, it is a bug.  

How do you roll back the app?
2018-9-20
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-19 23:10
where else on here have you seen people with the same problem?

Literally everywhere in a quick google search--

I also have personally talked to DJI tech support.
2018-9-20
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

just got off the phone again, and they promise a new update will be out soon to fix.  The engineers are fully aware there is a global problem.
2018-9-20
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

2018-9-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

With your attitude, I suggest you sell it all and take up golf.
2018-9-22
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

So they updated the APP, but the problem still exists.  It does appear to be ios related, but could someone try and confirm on their iOS device this is a global problem.  

It does this on all my ios devices (3).
2018-9-26
Use props
fans1356c571
Second Officer
Flight distance : 912638 ft
Germany

on iphone 7 plus and iphone 5s the problem is still there
2018-9-26
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

ok, then it is absolutely a global iOS problem.  It's amazing how long this has been going on, and DJI is not fixing this.

Thanks for checking!
2018-9-26
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

so many people having this problem.  DJI is emailing me telling me it's been esclated (FINALLY).   We will see..
2018-9-27
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

UPDATE: I recevied an email asking me to fill out a form as IT THEN WILL go to development.
2018-9-27
Use props
Nordium
First Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this same issue with iOS, however I've only ever tried to update my home point from my RC's location once.
The only immediate bypass for this issue would be to update your homepoint using the drone's location.
2018-10-1
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

ya, everyone has the issue.   Your solution cannot be a bypass if your drone is over water.
2018-10-1
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3

The manager, Gino just called me and told me that the fix is to buy an Android device.  If you are having this issue, call them and complain!  I wish I was kidding, but they are expecting ios users to quit and use Android to get all the features back.
2018-10-18
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Iceland

jaswrx Posted at 2018-10-18 13:12
The manager, Gino just called me and told me that the fix is to buy an Android device.  If you are having this issue, call them and complain!  I wish I was kidding, but they are expecting ios users to quit and use Android to get all the features back.

You could try on of these.
GPS receivers w/Bluetooth
This answer from Dji is not what people have been waiting for.
Think they better change the speck for iOS devices.
2018-10-18
Use props
Autoper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191906 ft
Norway

Same problem here. I guess it’s time to return my Mavic 2 Pro as I need this feature and they won’t fix it.
2018-10-27
Use props
martinoez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 912638 ft
Germany

it's a shame for Dji that the basic function does not work
2018-10-27
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

They are now denying my return of the product, even though I am in warranty.   I am moments away from calling my credit card company.  This has to be the worse customer service I have ever experienced.  I have a drone that is not advertised and working as described, even though once was.

They first denied the problem, then blamed in on my device, then admitted the problem, and won't fix it, and now won't let me return it.
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_VurJPpSEGHTT
New

Australia

jaswrx Posted at 9-19 20:14

Ive been having the same problems with mine a d only recently. Mine wont fly more then 8mtrs and says lost of signal. And i have heaps of signal on my phone.
2018-11-1
Use props
Zsolti
Captain
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

I have this same issue on IOS. I tried to set the home point to the device's location a few times when the situation demanded it and it didn't work.
2018-11-1
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

jaswrx Posted at 9-26 22:22
ok, then it is absolutely a global iOS problem.  It's amazing how long this has been going on, and DJI is not fixing this.

Thanks for checking!

Why should DJI be responsible to fix Apple's bugs (new features)?

The weak iPhone GPS failure is worldwide, just search online for iPhone GPS bugs.

And if you are an Apple fan, just check this out Apple admits

In this case maybe  both DJI and the people who paid top dollar for Apple products got screwed over
2018-11-1
Use props
jpap
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

I have faced this issue. It is really scary, especially the moment you realized that:

1)  you have flown a large distance away from your homepoint,
2)  you have moved from your home point because maybe you are in a car or a boat
3) and you have reached to a point that GO4 apps says your drone is far away from your home point, you won't have enough battery to go back, you must RTH now.

So your next logical move is to update your home point but BOOM! It does not work!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how long this is pending, but please DJI fix it!   
2018-11-1
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

Boffin Posted at 11-1 02:40
Why should DJI be responsible to fix Apple's bugs (new features)?

The weak iPhone GPS failure is worldwide, just search online for iPhone GPS bugs.

What are you talking about?  Apple has not admitted anything...  It has NOTHING to do with new features.  Did you even read the thread?
It's NOT a phone GPS failure, it's NOT aniOS orr Apple bug--  It's a bug in the Go Pro App, and it's a bug that has been going on 4 months now (at least).  It affects all ios devices, even much older ios versions, so that proves the point right there.  IT"S ALL ioS devices, no matter what version, regardless of device (iPad, iPhone)

DJI is working on the issue (as they claim) to get a new version of the app out soon.

2018-11-1
Use props
Mohinder
First Officer
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Ireland

Hi.
I just checked and I have the same issue. I use Ipad Mini 4 cellural version.
2018-11-1
Use props
Vector1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2010620 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Glad I came across this post as having same issue yesterday when trying this feature before I ventured out for a potential boat trip !  Tried several times moving away some distance from initial home point & hit the button to return to the new location - Weak Mobile Device GPS signal kept popping up every time I tried it. Using iPhone 6. Info on controller indicated 15 satellites.
2018-11-4
Use props
Zsolti
Captain
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

Looks like it was fixed. It works fine now.
2018-11-16
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

not so sure about that, will test next week, but the only way it would be fixed is if there was an app update?  I am not aware of any update or even firmware update.
2018-11-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules