Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak Mobile Device GPS signal. Cannot Acquire Location info.
14696 94 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless I am missing it, what kind of areas are folks trying to fly around in?
2020-6-28
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

absolutely pathetic.  It's been years now, and they never updated it like promised on the phone and via email tech support.  And guess what, they won't.

They want you to buy a newer drone, which of course does not have the problem. I have verified on literally every other DJI drone.  

I just sold my drone as I can't take it anymore.  Giving my money to another company that actually cares about their customers, and doesn't lie to them, saying it will be fixed.

I will never buy another DJI product again.  Probably some of the worse customer service I have dealt with.
2020-8-4
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-8 15:49
If it's really critical to you to reset home to the controller's location, you could use a good Android tablet and be able to do that.

Or if you aren't flying far from the boat, it's a simple mayter to reset the home point to the drone's current location a few times during the flight to keep the home point near the boat rather than miles back where you launched.

No, that's the problem.  This does not work.  You cannot set the home point to the controller period.  It used to work, and I used to do this all the time, then the battery was low one day, and BAM, I went to try and return to home, and it did not work.  
But yes, it works on Android.  They never bothered fixing the issues on ios devices, even though it worked for years before.
2020-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jaswrx Posted at 8-4 13:12
absolutely pathetic.  It's been years now, and they never updated it like promised on the phone and via email tech support.  And guess what, they won't.

They want you to buy a newer drone, which of course does not have the problem. I have verified on literally every other DJI drone.  

Sorry to contradict you but that's just not true.
Users of all kinds of DJI consumer drones have the same issue with Apple devices.
A newer drone won't make any difference.

I just sold my drone as I can't take it anymore.  Giving my money to another company that actually cares about their customers, and doesn't lie to them, saying it will be fixed.

DJI's never publicly stated they would fix the issue that seems to have come from an Apple update.
What their phone people say to get you off the line is often not reliable.

It would be interesting to hear how being unable to reset home point to the controller's location was such a big issue.
It really doesn't make much difference anyway.
Good luck finding another drone that's half as good as what you've given up.
2020-8-4
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

I have already tried it on my friend's drones. THEY ALL WORK!  It's a Mavic thing specifically. Although with that said, it now might not work as well.  I can easily find out buy asking them to borrow it.

It has nothing to do with an Apple update.  I am using an ipad and iPod touch which almost never go online, and were not updated when this issue started.

It's NOT actually the reset per say.  It's the feature that sends the drone to the CURRENT home point.  A pretty freaking big deal when you are moving.  It's actaully one if the biggest selling points to the drone to be able to return the drone to the controller's current locations based off your device.

Imagine going to "return home", to only get an ERROR when you are above water which is exactly what happened. I was able to use the map and fly it back manually.  If this would have been one of my first flights, I would have definitely lost it since it would not return to the home point of the new location, just the original, which was a mile away.

2020-8-4
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

oh, and btw, I do have in writing from DJI from their highest support tier that it would be addressed and fixed, on the next version of their next update (well that was 2 years ago), and it's been updated at least twice.
2020-8-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jaswrx Posted at 8-4 17:57
I have already tried it on my friend's drones. THEY ALL WORK!  It's a Mavic thing specifically. Although with that said, it now might not work as well.  I can easily find out buy asking them to borrow it.

It has nothing to do with an Apple update.  I am using an ipad and iPod touch which almost never go online, and were not updated when this issue started.

"It has nothing to do with an Apple update.  I am using an ipad and iPod touch which almost never go online, and were not updated when this issue started."

That changes everything. Unless your iPad has cell connectivity, you will never get it to work, because the iPad does not have a GPS receiver in it unless it has the cell option. And the iPod never had a GPS, so it is not going to work either.
2020-8-4
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-4 18:51
"It has nothing to do with an Apple update.  I am using an ipad and iPod touch which almost never go online, and were not updated when this issue started."

That changes everything. Unless your iPad has cell connectivity, you will never get it to work, because the iPad does not have a GPS receiver in it unless it has the cell option. And the iPod never had a GPS, so it is not going to work either.

It does it on ALL my devices, well any ios device.

It does it on my iPhone 8, my old SE, and my partner's 5s, my sisters 7s and my ipad does have cell service via Verizon. Trust me, I have tried it on almost every single device.

I don't why we need to continue to talk about it.  The feature was not fixed, and it will never be fixed.  DJI stopped supporting the feature.

I worked with DJI for weeks on end, even getting to the highest level of support, and they promised it would be fixed, and it wasn't.

The newer Mavic series does not have this issue as I have used it with my current ipad and iphone 8.
Anyhow, to anyone with ios device, try and test the return to home feature before going out and flying so you don't accidentally get in trouble.  I have also personally talked to someone who used this feature with very little battery and was never able to retrieve it again.

2020-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

jaswrx Posted at 8-4 17:57
I have already tried it on my friend's drones. THEY ALL WORK!  It's a Mavic thing specifically. Although with that said, it now might not work as well.  I can easily find out buy asking them to borrow it.

It has nothing to do with an Apple update.  I am using an ipad and iPod touch which almost never go online, and were not updated when this issue started.

It's NOT actually the reset per say.  It's the feature that sends the drone to the CURRENT home point.  A pretty freaking big deal when you are moving.  
It's something that stops the app from seeing the Apple devices GPS location data.

It's actaully one if the biggest selling points to the drone to be able to return the drone to the controller's current locations based off your device.

It's actually one of the least used features of the drone and affects almost no-one.
I fly from boats quite a bit and the feature works fine for me because I don't use Apple.
But I find that resetting to either the current location of the drone or the controller works just as well for me.
How far are you flying from your boat?
2020-8-4
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

Yes, I used androids on all my serious shoots, b/c it's just safer.  DJI's response was to buy an android.  Luckily, my best friend used android and I can borrow his device any time I need, but it his cell, so he was not available every time...

I wasn't flying that far, (max 1 mile), but hills and the natural scenery blocked the view of the drone quite a bit so if this feature does not work, it's not ideal and you have to be good at reading the map and flying it back manually.  As I mentioned, I am pretty darn good with that, so I saved the drone in time, but with the battery counting down, and it beeping, it can be very stressful.

B/c this feature does not work with Apple, I cannot reset to the current location.  I get the same error.  

Android is the only solution.
2020-8-4
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

As i could read both iOS and android devices have the same issue then i suspect the GPS sats will not been renewed if they are down. That devices are receiving GPS only and not Glonas. The AC´s do read both these systems.
2020-8-5
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

Peterx Posted at 8-5 11:46
As i could read both iOS and android devices have the same issue then i suspect the GPS sats will not been renewed if they are down. That devices are receiving GPS only and not Glonas. The AC´s do read both these systems.

The issue is with Apple devices only and started in 2017.  I don't think DJI will ever resolve it..
The solution is to use Android.
2020-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Peterx Posted at 8-5 11:46

i suspect the GPS sats will not been renewed if they are down. That devices are receiving GPS only and not Glonas.
Your suspicion is incorrect.
There is no problem with GPS sat system.
https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?Do=constellationStatus
2020-8-5
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

A suspect isn´t  knowledge at all Thanks for the Link. I can use all other Functions without surprise,only the Follow me on my P3S and my Mav. iPhone says not enough and my android make an update of the home point of its own.
My best choice is the copter makes the absolute home point.
2020-8-6
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.3
United States

yup, me too.  DJI was zero help, and told me the only solution was to buy an Android.
2022-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules