Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 sensor not used properly?
1270 7 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cod_101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys, does anyone have any input into this video?
2018-9-20
Use props
Cod_101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

https://youtu.be/GpweQVMuXbQ
2018-9-20
Use props
Zatx
First Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

There are numerous threads about this issue, with most of them on the first page.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. May I know what specific malfunction you are encountering with your Mavic 2's sensor?
2018-9-20
Use props
fansba77bea7
lvl.1

This video talks about the flaws of the Mavic 2 pro sensor compared to Phantom 4 Pro. Just some food for thought
https://youtu.be/GpweQVMuXbQ
2018-9-20
Use props
Cod_101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-20 05:01
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. May I know what specific malfunction you are encountering with your Mavic 2's sensor?

The sensor pixel binning issue. Will you be releasing a firmware update for it? The distortion I can understand as it's easily fixed in post. But not using the whole sensor, and advertising it as you have, is a big disappointment. You will lose some of your loyal consumers due to this.
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Cod_101 Posted at 2018-9-21 14:43
The sensor pixel binning issue. Will you be releasing a firmware update for it? The distortion I can understand as it's easily fixed in post. But not using the whole sensor, and advertising it as you have, is a big disappointment. You will lose some of your loyal consumers due to this.

I'm sorry but I wasn't able to watch the video showing the problem. I understand that this is important to you and we're also trying our best to improve our service. Can you please resend the link or upload it through Dropbox so that we can address a proper solution for your problem?
2018-9-23
Use props
Istrian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2051860 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

"Mavic 2 Pro uses a different processor than P4P and has two 4K modes, as stated on the product page, which are FOV mode and HQ mode. FOV mode has a wider view but less details than HQ mode. FOV mode's image processing requires raw subsampling, which scales 5.5K raw into 4K raw before feeding it to the image processing pipeline. Raw subsampling is different from line skipping; it uses the full area (of the 16:9 portion) of the image sensor so the signal-noise-ratio is much better than line skipping. Raw subsampling is also different from pixel binning. It is an optimized filtering & sampling process which is much more advanced than the
simple average mechanism of pixel binning. Raw subsampling causes some loss in the finest details. However, this is not as visible in real scenes (like aerial
filming) as it is on charts. DJI looked into many solutions for implementing FOV and found that the current FOV mode is the best compromise for the Mavic 2 hardware. Please remember the Mavic 2 is an extremely complex and compact piece of hardware. The current solution represents the best possible way to enable filming using the full 1” sensor wide angle area FOV on the Mavic 2 hardware."

Customer support answer I found in video comments
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules