New Ronin-S Firmware Released(2018.09.20)
123Next >
27604 119 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date :        2018.09.20
  • Firmware :        v 1.5.0.40
  • Ronin App iOS :        v 1.1.4
  • Ronin App Android :        v 1.1.4
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC) :        v 2.0.0
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac):        v 2.0.0
  • User Manual :        v 1.0

What’s New?
  • Added ability to take photos, record videos, and control zoom for Sony cameras using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB). To use autofocus on Sony cameras, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Added autofocus and focus pull support for Canon EOS 5D Mk III with supported EF lenses. To use autofocus on the Canon EOS 5D Mk III, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Improved the method to use Sport mode. It is no longer necessary to hold the M button to stay in Sport mode. Press and hold the M button to enter Sport mode, and then press the trigger twice to remain in Sport mode. Repeat the steps to exit Sport mode.

Notes:
  • Ensure that the Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Leave the Ronin-S turned off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB -C port on the Ronin-S to your computer. Then proceed with the firmware update. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from the Ronin-S and then proceed to turn on the gimbal.
  • If the Ronin-S is turned on when updating firmware and a camera is attached, make sure to protect the camera and lens from collision as the motors will shut off during the update process.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various profile settings.

New Accessories
  • Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB):Use the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB) to connect your Sony camera to the Ronin-S Camera Control Port. Shutter, recording, and auto focus can be controlled through the Ronin-S Camera Control Button. The optical zoom can be controlled through the Ronin-S Focus Wheel (only lenses with built-in power zoom, such as the Sony E PZ 18-105 mm F4 G OSS). If a non-Power Zoom lens is mounted, the Focus Wheel will control digital zoom. Digital zoom must be enabled in your camera’s settings.
           DJI store link: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi
  • Multi-Camera Control Cable (Mini USB):Use the Multi-Camera Control Cable (Mini USB) to connect your camera and the Ronin-S Camera Control Port to control your camera through the Ronin-S Camera Control Button.
           DJI store link: https://store.dji.com/product/ro ... ntrol-cable-miniusb
      *Please refer to the
Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List for more

2018-9-20
Use props
Lawless116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 968209 ft
  • >>>
United States

USB Support for sony?!?! YESSS
2018-9-20
Use props
jerttyG
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

When will we see Fuji-X supported?
2018-9-20
Use props
Lawless116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 968209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do sony users now have to purchase a new cable?
2018-9-20
Use props
Saleem Hodge
lvl.2

The supplied cable won't work? I have to buy another cable?
2018-9-20
Use props
wmarz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42795 ft
Germany

I have tried it on my Sony Alpha 7 RII. It doesn't work. Do I have to set something on the camera?
2018-9-20
Use props
aussiea45
lvl.1
Australia

Attention: DJI Support

Any chance there is some sort of discount code for the new multi-camera control cable for Sony owners or at least for those owners that are members of this Forum?

Without this cable ... this FW update is redundant to Sony owners!

Presumably, at some point this cable will be included with the Ronin-S (out of the box)?

So why should existing and early users be penalised?

Quite frankly, the shipping charge direct from DJI is ridiculous and over the top (being almost the price of the cable itself).

Throw it into an stamped envelope would be fine by me. No need to DHL/Fedex it!

Await your good news. Thanks!
2018-9-20
Use props
Atet
lvl.1
Estonia

Why Focus wheel controls zoom??? Can we see focus control in future updates?
2018-9-20
Use props
fansc22e5336
lvl.2

Norway

is it https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi to the a7rIII ?
2018-9-20
Use props
Leem
lvl.2

fansc22e5336 Posted at 2018-9-20 11:19
is it https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi to the a7rIII ?

That's the one I ordered.
2018-9-20
Use props
Imagine This
lvl.2

Canada

aussiea45 Posted at 2018-9-20 08:54
Attention: DJI Support

Any chance there is some sort of discount code for the new multi-camera control cable for Sony owners or at least for those owners that are members of this Forum?

Hey Aussiea45, created a poll to get their attention. Please get everyone to vote for a discounted/free MCC Multi Cable!
2018-9-20
Use props
Airtherapy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13937 ft
Latvia

Delivery 32 eur for cable? you kidding me!!!!
2018-9-20
Use props
Skydrones1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've just spent about 4 hours trying to get the Sony A7iii  to work with the supplied cables
and pulling my hair out finally realising that I need to buy a Sony specific cable, and pay £35 odd quid for it!

I really think that DJI should send out the control cable free of charge to customers that
bought the gimbal early, and expected it to work with Sony cameras.

This would go some way to appease the disgruntlement of many early adopters.
2018-9-21
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

We got the Ronin S delivered this week and if there's no cable for our Sony, well I'm going to have a hissyfit. Will check and see when time permits.
2018-9-21
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Subtotal: 19€

Shipping: 24,24€

Total: 43,24€

Excuse me, but wtf? Isn't there really a option to use letters to send? I really expected my Ronin S work with A7Riii straight out of the box...
2018-9-21
Use props
wmarz
lvl.2
Germany

Imagine This Posted at 2018-9-20 17:18
Hey Aussiea45, created a poll to get their attention. Please get everyone to vote for a discounted/free MCC Multi Cable!

I see that too. DJI should supply the cable to the customers of the ronin-s with Sony camera free of charge and
2018-9-21
Use props
wmarz
lvl.2
Germany

Imagine This Posted at 2018-9-20 17:18

I vote for this
2018-9-21
Use props
fans00606875
New

United States

Is the app for updating firmware not in the apple app store? can't find any dji apps actually - wierd.
2018-9-22
Use props
captainfrank
lvl.4
United States

The fact that they charge for the multi-cam cable is very disappointing -- the RSS-IR solution is not working reliable and I need a fix for that or a free USB connection cable. That's what I expect as an early adopter and I feel that a company needs to build trust among those users otherwise I will switch (with companies that let their early adopters standing in the rain) over to a 'Wait-for 6-12 months' user. Competitors are not sleeping anyway and pricing may go down in addition. Sounds better.
The MCC multi cable (Multi-USB): what USB connector does it have anyway? type-C ? type-micro? or is it a set of many?
2018-9-23
Use props
SurveyingArcher
lvl.1

I have been waiting on this before I purchase one, but do think the cable should be supplied
2018-9-23
Use props
Librebowski
lvl.3
United States

Still has the orientation bug somebody is going to damage their camera equipment on this thing! Be safe everyone!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Lawless116 Posted at 2018-9-20 05:59
USB Support for sony?!?! YESSS

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate taking time of bringing this query to us. Yes, to use autofocus on Sony cameras, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jerttyG Posted at 2018-9-20 06:13
When will we see Fuji-X supported?

Hi, as of the time being this is not yet included from the latest update. We will inform you as soon as possible. In the meantime please pay time to visit our website for future release notes. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
djiuser_tbZLEhO7g5X6
lvl.1

United States

Hi Gamora!
I have been trying to connect the Ronin S to my Sony A7III with the included MCC-C cable, but it won’t connect for some reason, unfortunately. Can you tell us what the issue is and if there is a fix? Cause so far, the release notes for the 1.5 firmware are not accurate, in my experience at least.
Thank you!
2018-9-24
Use props
djiuser_Nd6F3eOYV01A
lvl.2
Netherlands

Allright, i can get over the 19 euros for the cable. But come on, 24 dollars shipping a damn cable?? I feel violated. I'd appreciate a discount code here, this is absolutely ridiculous. Just send it in an envelope.
2018-9-25
Use props
oND4u54aGfrL
New
United States

The cables originally included with the Ronin S don't work with the Sony cameras???
2018-9-25
Use props
Andrey Guryanov
lvl.1
Russia

Hi! How about to send special cable for sony users for free or deliver to local reseller?
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, appreciate your feedback. The Ronin-S comes with three types of Multi-Camera Control Cable: MCC-C, MCC-B and RSS-IR. The Multi-Camera Control Cable (multi-USB, mini- USB) was released to support more camera models and provide more camera control features, therefore, it will need to be purchased separately, thank you for your attention and support.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Nd6F3eOYV01A Posted at 2018-9-25 00:26
Allright, i can get over the 19 euros for the cable. But come on, 24 dollars shipping a damn cable?? I feel violated. I'd appreciate a discount code here, this is absolutely ridiculous. Just send it in an envelope.

Hi there, sorry that we don't have any discount can be provided, it would be better to purchase it together with other DJI products, free shipping on orders over EUR 149. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_tbZLEhO7g5X6 Posted at 2018-9-24 10:22
Hi Gamora!
I have been trying to connect the Ronin S to my Sony A7III with the included MCC-C cable, but it won’t connect for some reason, unfortunately. Can you tell us what the issue is and if there is a fix? Cause so far, the release notes for the 1.5 firmware are not accurate, in my experience at least.
Thank you!

Hi there, you can use the RSS-IR cable to shoot, for the USB control, you will need the MCC-Multi which can be purchased from our online store, thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

oND4u54aGfrL Posted at 2018-9-25 16:11
The cables originally included with the Ronin S don't work with the Sony cameras???

Hi there, the included RSS-IR cable is working with Sony camera.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans00606875 Posted at 2018-9-22 06:07
Is the app for updating firmware not in the apple app store? can't find any dji apps actually - wierd.

Hi there, the firmware will need to be updated via the DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin, please download it from our website to your PC and update, thank you. GTScreenshot_20180926_173307.png
2018-9-26
Use props
fansc3e85909
lvl.2

I’ll be glad when they get the Nikon D810 to work.
2018-9-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Oh well,  I guess I'll just have to pay the 24euro postage for a 19euro cable to support my Sony then.
2018-9-26
Use props
Kenedy Torcatt
lvl.1
Mexico

Hi, I know now it's handling autofocus for Sony cameras using the cable, but is it handling as well the focus pulling as the Panasonic has?
Can we pull focus using the wheel? please let me know about this feature with this new cable for Sony cameras.

Waiting for your answer!
Thanks...
2018-9-26
Use props
oND4u54aGfrL
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-26 01:23
Hi all, appreciate your feedback. The Ronin-S comes with three types of Multi-Camera Control Cable: MCC-C, MCC-B and RSS-IR. The Multi-Camera Control Cable (multi-USB, mini- USB) was released to support more camera models and provide more camera control features, therefore, it will need to be purchased separately, thank you for your attention and support.

This is so ridiculous.
2018-9-27
Use props
Kenedy Torcatt
lvl.1
Mexico

But, the big question is_ Is it possible to pull focus for sony cameras or not?
2018-9-27
Use props
fans205e9d3e
lvl.2
Netherlands

Im with you. Unbelievable this!
2018-9-27
Use props
Karma Cheng
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Just received my Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB), but the AutoFocus still not working properly
2018-9-27
Use props
Denny Photos
New

United States

Hi DJI,

1. Is the previous poster correct does Autofocus not work?
and
2. Can we pull focus using the focus wheel on a Sony A7R III with the 24-70 GM 2.8 for example?

Best Regards,

D
2018-9-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules